Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Brolly

you can never blame anyone for introducin you to the lonely island, you should be thankin him! i saw their stuff on snl befor they became huge, so damn funny!

Oh I agree that they are funny as hell, but I still blame Kane for it...I can't get through the day now without my daily "Lonely Island" fix! I'm the Boss is the funniest video I've seen in long time....

Some of Flight of the Conchords stuff is good too...I'd have to say that the first video of theirs that I seen is still my favourite...

If You're Into It

• Registered Users Posts: 8,785 ✭✭✭Kane-N-Nite

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Threw this in here because i didn't feel that it warranted it's own thread.

But i'm done guys.

It's been a fun three months, it's been fun being around for Mania, helping getting the Irish Promotions sticky lively again (although Dean and Cannibal take a fair share of the credit for that too), getting the nostalgia thread going, and even temporarily bringing the wrestling quiz thread back to life, and let's not forget the wiki.

More importantly, it's been fun doing my bit to raise the forum back from the dead.
    But my work's done, really. There's nothing left for me to do, and orestes has done a great job fitting back into the glove. That i think it's time to go back to plan A. It's been fun, stressful, headache inducing, and hilarious all at the same time. I've lost some friends in that time, made a rake of new ones in their place, so the trade off was worth it.

So whatever happens next, well... it's PW, is there ever a dull moment? Time will tell.

So long!
    Shaun M. Neary
    You can't go, who am I gonna chat with on MSN if you go? :(
    brolly wrote: »
    Oh I agree that they are funny as hell, but I still blame Kane for it...I can't get through the day now without my daily "Lonely Island" fix! I'm the Boss is the funniest video I've seen in long time....

Some of Flight of the Conchords stuff is good too...I'd have to say that the first video of theirs that I seen is still my favourite...

If You're Into It
    Blame me all you want, deep down I know you are forever grateful. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

you did a brilliant job as MOD SR! you modded and banned with valid reasoning (see what i did there ;) ) and it would be a shame if ya stopped postin! great job again! o/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,706 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

not giving out any scores but just like Soriano does for the cubs a player in the Spain vs South Africa confederations cup just did the you cant see me celebration after scorin. LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

I'm drunk and need a smoke. My zippo has a spark and no gas. My cooker has gas but the spark thingy is broken. This should be interesing.

• Advertisement

i need to contact my mate so taht Bard can smoke what he wants to i mean.... nothing dodgy.... hi orestes :)

so ummm whens the nxt boards wide meet up :)

i need to contact my mate so taht Bard can smoke what he wants to i mean.... nothing dodgy.... hi orestes :)

Ah cmon man, you're really pushing your luck and walking close to the edge with the odd comment tonight my friend, reign it in a bit yeah? Between this and the warning in the Bash thread you know I'm gonna have to act if you push any further. Let's not get into a situation both of us will regret :)
    so ummm whens the nxt boards wide meet up :)

Unfortunatley, never, there's no more sitewide events, admin ruling

Also, I burnt my hand trying to light my smoke, feck

i wish there something borads wise both mself and bard didnt know there was a boards wide board non meet up goin on from now on (im sure i should stop replying cos of *hicness* but is there still not a Boards meet up?

i wish there something borads wise both mself and bard didnt know there was a boards wide board non meet up goin on from now on (im sure i should stop replying cos of *hicness* but is there still not a Boards meet up?

Unfortunately the Boards Beers are no more, there will not be any site-wide beers, the size of boards and the amount of users now makes them completely impractical and a logistical nightmare. A shame, but inevitable given the rate of the growth of the site in the last year, a full-on boards event would be bigger than Oxegen at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

orestes wrote: »
    Unfortunately the Boards Beers are no more, there will not be any site-wide beers, the size of boards and the amount of users now makes them completely impractical and a logistical nightmare. A shame, but inevitable given the rate of the growth of the site in the last year, a full-on boards event would be bigger than Oxegen at this stage!

Boards should pay money next year to rent out a stall/marquee at next years oxegen and have like the official Boards.ie meet.
    Could be cool.
    I dunno how exactly it would work but it would be cool for anyone going to oxegen to have somewhere that they could say "If you'll be at oxegen, be *here* at 12 on the sunday!"

Could work for other big events too.

Would be clever of the site, kinda like putting themselves out there to potential users.:)

• Advertisement

lol at me finding my posts from the PPV thread in 2 new threads now

arrrgh my face hurts stupid alcihol.... yay i didnt get banned ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

I'm drunk and need a smoke. My zippo has a spark and no gas. My cooker has gas but the spark thingy is broken. This should be interesing.

Bit late but......toaster!

Disclaimer: The above post does not necessarily reflect the views of The Munster Mafia and they cannot be held responsible for foul tasting toast after using such a tip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

A George Foreman or other electric cooking thing that heats up will work too if ya have enough time. Be ready for already-toasted cigarettes and burnt hairs on your arm though. :pac:

C-B-G wrote: »
    Boards should pay money next year to rent out a stall/marquee at next years oxegen and have like the official Boards.ie meet.
    Could be cool.
    I dunno how exactly it would work but it would be cool for anyone going to oxegen to have somewhere that they could say "If you'll be at oxegen, be *here* at 12 on the sunday!"

Could work for other big events too.

Would be clever of the site, kinda like putting themselves out there to potential users.:)

I've actually suggested somthing of the likes to the bosses, a Boards Big Day Out kind of thing, unfortunately for various reasons it's not a practical venture at this time, I can't say anymore. Maybe somewhere down the line though, cos it would be pretty cool :)
    yay i didnt get banned ;)

/tries to resist pushing the big flashing red button
    pingu_girl wrote: »
    Bit late but......toaster!

My toaster is broken after last time I tried that. Don't ask, seriously
    amacachi wrote: »
    A George Foreman or other electric cooking thing that heats up will work too if ya have enough time. Be ready for already-toasted cigarettes and burnt hairs on your arm though. :pac:

I'm already burnt after the cooker, I don't need any more!

And with that I'm off to give Fight Night 4 a try on the XBox, fingers crossed they haven't fukked it up too badly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

And with that I'm off to give Fight Night 4 a try on the XBox, fingers crossed they haven't fukked it up too badly

Thought the demo was pretty decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

What an annoyingly complicated game.

I guess im basing every fighting game nowadays on UFC.. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Orestes my good man, with the recent change in moderators, does the no sports talk rule (or as i call it, rule 42, LOLZ!!!!) still count? As far as I can remember, sports talk never caused any problems and it was politics that caused the original OTB to be locked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Gerard.C wrote: »
    Orestes my good man, with the recent change in moderators, does the no sports talk rule (or as i call it, rule 42, LOLZ!!!!) still count? As far as I can remember, sports talk never caused any problems and it was politics that caused the original OTB to be locked.
    Agreed. It was disallowed originally for all the wrong reasons to be honest, none of which had anything to do with the running of the forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Anyone experience those thunderstorms last night? Worst I've seen in a good while.

Weather is so crappy.

my brother was saying earlier that there was 2 weeks worth of rainfall last night, dunno if that is through but yeah was nuts and included one of the longest flashes of lightening / crashes of thunder ive heard in Ireland.

• Advertisement

flahavaj wrote: »
    Agreed. It was disallowed originally for all the wrong reasons to be honest, none of which had anything to do with the running of the forum.

Sorry I didn't respond to these eariler (the 30th was my birthday so I've been slightly preoccupied/drunk/horrifyingly hungover for the last couple of days).

Sports talk never caused any problems that I can remember, so it's up for discussion, but I think that the "banter" aspect of the thread title should give an idea of this kind of stuff. We have other forums on boards for real discussion of most subjects (sports, politics, etc) so they should be used appropriately.

So, to give an example: "did anyone see the game tonight?" "Yeah, good match alright" would be fine, but "did anyone see the game tonight?", "yeah, good match alright. United really need to look into their defense, the manager should never have made that substitution so ealry cos a two goal lead is shaky to defend, he should have left the striker on and gone for another goal to be on the safe side and then taken him off and brought on another defender and locked up shop at the back since Rovers lack the ability to catch them on the break cos their midfield sits too far back" would not, as it should clearly be in the soccer forum. The same applies to politics/techy stuff/everything else.

A bit of chat is fine, but use the rest of boards (that's all those other forums out there *points at the rest of boards*) for real discussion, that's what it's all here for. I'm sure we can all use our judgement on which is which :)
    Anyone experience those thunderstorms last night? Worst I've seen in a good while.

Weather is so crappy.

They were AWESOME, I went out into the back garden to get the full feel of it, the sheer amount of energy in the air, tingly :D

belated happy birthday Orestes .

and woot to the possible return of sports talk an ott can be a good place to discuss some sports as sometimes topics can be the opposite of banter in the actual forum for whatever sport as the people there can often be far too serious about it, however maybe add Sports to the title along with movies & TV incase people biatch and moan about spoilers. i.e incase there is the a post like "wooo Villa won 2-0 and i got a raise today what a day"

In fairness, that's exactly what it was before - banter. Never more than one or two lines of opinion, if that. Many thanks and belated birthday wishes!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

few days late but happy birthday orestes!! \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

They were AWESOME, I went out into the back garden to get the full feel of it, the sheer amount of energy in the air, tingly :D

You must be mad. I was bricking it! Put on my MP3 player to try and drown out the noise. I thought The Undertaker was going to show up at one stage. :pac:

Belated happy birthday btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I slept through the storms completely. Hot whiskey before bed >>>> thunder and lightening.:pac:

Oh and thanks to orestes regarding the sports issue, I'm sure it will lead to a little more traffic pasing through this thread.

Happy birthday by the way. I presume multiple *hics* were involved?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,235 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Thanks for allowing brief sporting comments to return.

Happy birthday for two days ago.

Mere Orestes, is Fight Night 4 worth buying? One of the boys said it was a bit slow, he played it online and wasn't impressed or something, I dunno...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

You know Gerard C. I've shared a few boxing sessions with Damien Dempsey.:)

Hope you had a good one Orestes!

• Advertisement

Thanks all for the happy birthday wishes :)
    You must be mad. I was bricking it! Put on my MP3 player to try and drown out the noise. I thought The Undertaker was going to show up at one stage. :pac:

I was out standing in it like a scene from the Shawshank Redemption :D
    flahavaj wrote: »
    Happy birthday by the way. I presume multiple *hics* were involved?

You have noooo idea, I'm still recovering 2 days later
    Mere Orestes, is Fight Night 4 worth buying? One of the boys said it was a bit slow, he played it online and wasn't impressed or something, I dunno...

I rented it for a week and played it twice, not a patch on FN3 imo, controls are all over the place. Looks great but seems to me like they have sacrificed gamplay to look fancy.

Also, did you just call me your mother in French?! :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement