Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

woot just completed my second reboot in 2 weeks hopefully this time i dont get a message saying my version of windows is invalid and everything is about to go tits up so backup your stuff quick.
    gimmick wrote: »
    I would like to think that I formed the unholy alliance rather than the other way round, but I am sure the other will have similar claims. No doubt it will lead to a future split with new and exciting feuds and angles. As for your being exiled, well Flav is also a Munster exile, so stake your claim.

actually your right iirc in the thread i refered to, where i believe i suggested myself as someone who should be inducted into the Munster Mafia twas Pingu who referred to the name Munster Mafia stating that youd come up with it. dunno tho i like my tweener status
    orestes wrote: »
    Let me think. I have a tray of free shots. Who will I give them too, the hot tourist chicks, or you? Hmmm, that's a toughie, I'll give it some thought and get back to you

:pac:

Hot tourist chicks FTW

• Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Let me think. I have a tray of free shots. Who will I give them too, the hot tourist chicks, or you? Hmmm, that's a toughie, I'll give it some thought and get back to you

Yeah well your hot tourist chicks ruined a good gig!

Rabble rabble rabble!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

dunno tho i like my tweener status

Just being a traitor for the sake of i is it? :)
    Hot tourist chicks FTW

Goodness me, some Spanish chick near me earlier. Upsetting how good looking this girl was. Then the Spanglish accent....................

I believe it gave me the vapours

Just being a traitor for the sake of i is it? :)

Goodness me, some Spanish chick near me earlier. Upsetting how good looking this girl was. Then the Spanglish accent....................

I believe it gave me the vapours

just building to a massive face turn where i do a hogan style jersey rip on the dub jersey that all the Leinster faction wear revealing my Munster rugby jersey beneath it, I slowley pull out a Hurley and as my (until then) *hiccing* tag team partner orestes turns around I crack it across his head and announce that despite the accent I was Munster born and Munster bred and when i die ill be Munster dead :pac:

ive a few storyies about Spanish tourists also except im not *hiccing* tonight and they aint exactley PG so.... o the vapours!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Regarding all of this Munster Mafia stuff, I've been giving it some thought and here's my stance on it boys and girls.

I've no problem with it being a bit of fun, if people wanna band together for a bit of a laugh and start forming factions and the likes. In any community (including online ones) people are going to form friendships and groups and the likes are inevitable. If people want to formalise those associations in some way ten by all means feel free, users on this site do it all the time with matching sigs/taglines/avatars and the likes as it is, going under a name is no different in my opinion, and the faction "wars" could be a good bit of fun I think.

But here's the other side of that coin:

If any group of users forms a faction trying to power play the forum, you will get taken down hard, with every identifiable meber of the group in question getting held responsible. The group will be held responisible for the actions of it's members if they are acting under the banner of a faction. To use an analogy we can all understand: I will ban all of the members of DX if HBK acts the plank, the NWO if Nash acts the plank, etc..

The term "pulling power plays" includes, but is not limited to: using numbers to back each other up and monoplise the forum, backing each other up like crazy in threads to brow-beat anyone with an opposing view by burying them under a slew of posts, intimidating new users by pulling "you're dealing with XXXXX here" kind of crap or using a faction to intimidate anyone in any way at all, and anything else along these kinds of lines.

To put it simply, I'm fine with factions, but I despise cliques, and will come down like the wrath of the gods on anyone who tries that kind of thing on this forum.

And keep in mind folks, no matter how big or powerful you think your faction is, the mod faction can take it down and will if we decide it is the best for the forum. No group of users, or individual user, is more important than the forum, or indespensible if the need to remove them is for the best of the forum.

PW mod faction 4 life :cool:

• Advertisement

dunno if anyone was taking the faction stuff too seriously (i know im only joking anywhoo) although it would be cool if a PW meetup did happen to have a drink off between the factions or something like that.

who would be stupid enough to go up against the mod faction anyway, its numbers may have deminished recently but they have all the backstage influence

dunno if anyone was taking the faction stuff to seriously (i know im only joking anywhoo) although it would be cool if a PW meetup did happen to have a drink off between the factions or something like that.

You're a long-term and regular user here so understand the dynamics of the place, things can look a lot different to new people/people looking in from the outside, etc.. And these kind of things have a tendancy to snowball quite strangely so the ground rules are being pointed out now so we have a concrete reference to point at should problems arise down the line. Just getting the tone set to be on the safe side :)

yeah fully understandable dunno if this faction malarky will take off but atleast if it does everyone knows the score...

biggest heel turn ever = Someone leaving the Munster Mafia and joining the Mod squad only to ban a Mafia Member :D

But here's the other side of that coin:

Not quoting the lot of it, but I am sure everyone can see this is just a laugh. There were people who brow beat on this forum and some of them are gone. At no stage has it happened, nor will it happen that Flav, Ger, Pingu or I will act the arse in order to be the big boy here by having a "faction".

Not quoting the lot of it, but I am sure everyone can see this is just a laugh. There were people who brow beat on this forum and some of them are gone. At no stage has it happened, nor will it happen that Flav, Ger, Pingu or I will act the arse in order to be the big boy here by having a "faction".

Aye, but like I've said things can look different to people on the outside or coming in new and boards is a big place so it's best to just address it so we all know where we stand :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

*hic*

hello PW!!

did anyone see the footage of michael jacksons last rehersal before he died? my god it was fcukin brilliant.....the man still had it!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I want a faction :p

did anyone see the fottage of michael jacksons last rehersal before he died? my god it was fcukin brilliant.....the man still had it!

I did, they should release some of that stuff seeing.
    Show people what he was like, if not people wont know how good of shows he was going to put on.

C-B-G wrote: »
    I did, they should release some of that stuff seeing.
    Show people what he was like, if not people wont know how good of shows he was going to put on.

from what ive heard they may release it as a dvd, and i for one WILL buy it! i had a ticket to one of the 50 shows! really disappointed im not going to get to see him!

! i had a ticket to one of the 50 shows! really disappointed im not going to get to see him!

lucky fecker! :eek:

Howd you manage that?

C-B-G wrote: »
    lucky fecker! :eek:

Howd you manage that?

my sis lives in london, texted for an official presale password and got one, we booked tickets! it was THE gig i was most looking forward to! :(

nice super stealth edit pingu ;)

watching Watchmen, its crazy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

What's all this faction stuff and which am I in?

Bubs101 wrote: »

`which you wanna be in? only two formed thus far are the Munster mafia and the Leinster alternative which only has Orestes as an official member methinks.

i like this movie

The culchie folks have formed a faction, something to do with a mutual love of cabbage and bacon I can only guess

You're with me

• Advertisement

The culchie folks have formed a faction, something to do with a mutual love of cabbage and bacon I can only guess

how did you know what i had for dinner tonight :eek::o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I used to be part of a forum called FHW (later called Enewszone). These guys had the online faction wars down perfectly and it was so much fun. I'd love to see it happen here.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

You're with me

Wouldn't have it any other way. Just tell me who they are and I'll ban them from my forums:pac:

how did you know what i had for dinner tonight :eek::o

You're not doing very well at this inside man thing dude :p
    Wouldn't have it any other way. Just tell me who they are and I'll ban them from my forums:pac:

Repeat after me folks, there is no mod conspiracy

pm sent

<_<

>_>

Nothing to see here folks, go about your business, these aren't the droids you're looking for

staying a tweener was the right move methinks...
    You're not doing very well at this inside man thing dude :p

o noes im rumbled! although my detailed explanation about how id give ya a hurl to the back of the head I woulda thought mighta tipped ya off.

fecking hell another hour left in this movie, its an epic... some daycent music in it too

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Sure I'll join my Leinster brothers too. We need a cool name though.

LSD - Leinster S_____ D_____? Or perhaps East Coast um...

OK clearly I'm no good at this. :pac:

Sure I'll join my Leinster brothers too. We need a cool name though.

LSD - Leinster S_____ D_____? Or perhaps East Coast um...

OK clearly I'm no good at this. :pac:

Leinster Langers? :pac:

Welcome aboard buddy, get ready to whoop some culchie ass

*does secret handshake*

You're with me

Thats a fightin' talk.

The MM will be the NWO of boards. New, exciting, risque. We are leaders, the rest, mere followers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

nice super stealth edit pingu ;)

haha I decided in my drunken state from training for the munster mafia, that I was in fact having none of boards,

you'll always get caught though:D

• Advertisement

Leinster Langers? :pac:

Welcome aboard buddy, get ready to whoop some culchie ass

*does secret handshake*

*joins the leinster faction*

lets rock!! :cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement