Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

C-B-G wrote: »
    But i was just wondering if anyone knows if UFC 100 will be on chorus?
    I only have it in about 2 days and heard they show UFC on it :o

Before UFC 99, when all the stuff was happening with Setanta at the time, Dana had posted on his twitter that it would definitely be shown in the UK and Ireland on either Setanta or Bravo...so could possibly be on Bravo this time around.
    basically it is more of the same, more explosions (and bigger at that), more humour, more megan fox (always a plus), just more of everything! i really enjoyed it, but dont get bogged down by it, just go in and enjoy the damn thing and dont attempt to pick part the plot....because there is none! but it is a very enjoyable movie!

Pretty much sums it up, wasn't expecting so much humour, but it was good.

My bro was only saying the other day that the scene in Team America sums up Bay and his use of special effects nicely :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,706 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

as i always said to people its a movie about fricken gigantic robots that morph into cars based off a Cartoon what the hell do you expect!

IMO (and id not say this about almost all movies) Michael bay is perfect for this series.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,350 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

My bro was only saying the other day that the scene in Team America sums up Bay and his use of special effects nicely :pac:

this sums up michael bay perfectly :pac:

btw what a game of tennis at wimbledon, not a huge fan of the sport but hats off to both men

as i always said to people its a movie about fricken gigantic robots that morph into cars based off a Cartoon what the hell do you expect!

the original animated movies' plot was actually quite good, you had some wonderful moments in the film too like prime dying mid-way through, a transformer coming of age, blows michael bays rubbish scripts out of the water and not to forget the whole thing was accompanied by a great 80s rocking soundtrack :D

explosion - good looking people running - explosion - more running - crashing - bang bang................boring, but then again thats the plot for all his movies :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭camero

just looking at the killers live hoeping there going to be good next weak at oxygen went to them 3 times now so they where good before so is anyone else going to oxygen

• Advertisement

camero wrote: »
    just looking at the killers live hoeping there going to be good next weak at oxygen went to them 3 times now so they where good before so is anyone else going to oxygen

after the disaster of getting to and from punchestown last week for ac/dc, i doubt i will ever set foot in that venue again, pity :(

but yeah killers are a great band live and sunday night seems to be the best night at oxygen and one that was really tempting me before last sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Got my driving test coming up this week and starting to feel the nerves.

Anyone gots any stories? :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I really should have failed mine. Got all my theory questions wrong, but they do not count apparently. I took off in 2nd at oen stage and forgot to indicate at another. That being said, i realised both mistake immediately and said sorry. I was also barely able to see I had such a heavy head cold.

Glad I got it first time though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

rossie1977 wrote: »
    but yeah killers are a great band live

are you kidding me?! the killers are one of the sorst live band of all time, there is no real crowd interaction, brandon never lets the fans sing (on all these things that i have done he comes in on his bit regardless how good the crowd sing), they come on stage, sing their songs and fcuk off, they could be anywhere in the world, no show, no nothing! i used to be a killers fan untill i saw them in the rds a few years ago.....black rebel motorcycle club played them off the stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

saw them a good few times now, twice at oxegen and once in the o2 earlier in the year.
    decent band live if unspectacular live. kinda sound the same as the album in the most part with shag all crowd interaction.

if ya want to see an epic gig in a tent go and see the mighty stef on the saturday. quality live band.

• Advertisement

rossie1977 wrote: »
    after the disaster of getting to and from punchestown last week for ac/dc, i doubt i will ever set foot in that venue again, pity :(

just so you know oxegen is far easier to get out of then a gig, as in oxegen people leave at different times, where as at the acdc did there were 80,000 people all leaving at the same time, i left on the sunday night after rage against the machine last year, packed up my stuff and literally walked onto a half empty bus (or half full depending on your view of life) far easier than a solo gig!

*Hic*

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Went to see a preview screening of Bruno this evening,priceless stuff,still weak from it :D

Went to see a preview screening of Bruno this evening,priceless stuff,still weak from it :D

as good as Borat was?

as good as Borat was?

For more outrageous stuff,Bruno was better I thought

nice, had intended on seing it anyway but i gotta admit im really looking forward to Bruno

nice, had intended on seing it anyway but i gotta admit im really looking forward to Bruno

Some major LOL moments:D

actually i might just be in the mood to rewatch Borat atm or perhaps more Kenny Mfn Powers!

edit: just rememberd most dont know who Kenny Powers is so...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭michael.etc...

For more outrageous stuff,Bruno was better I thought

Look's awesome , I can't wait. I'll probably check it out this weekend. I used to hate Baron-cohen, but he's really grown on me. I thought he totally made Talledega nights as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I thought he totally made Talledega nights as well.

Could not agree more.

I love will ferell, but that movie is not in my top 5 solely because of WF.

any one else here at oxegen ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Look's awesome , I can't wait. I'll probably check it out this weekend. I used to hate Baron-cohen, but he's really grown on me. I thought he totally made Talledega nights as well.

I hate Ali-G, could never understand why everyone rated that character so highly over Bruno and Borat, delighted to see the other characters finally getting the recognition they deserve and people not just focusing on that useless Ali-G crap. If Bruno is even half as good as Borat was, it will be awesome :)

There is no force of man, nature or gods that could force me to go to that inevitable abortion of a festival

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

It wouldn't say much for the event if any Oxegen-goers were on their mobiles surfing the net after forking out those prices for a ticket.:pac:

i just got here and it is my 1st one so who nows what its going to like in my tent on my phone while my gf is looking for the loo where is she . she was ban gone for about 20 min :confused: must ring her ;)

i just got here and it is my 1st one so who nows what its going to like in my tent on my phone while my gf is looking for the loo where is she . she was ban gone for about 20 min :confused: must ring her ;)

You couldn't have timed that post more perfectly mate.:pac:

spot on, but did oyu know he wasnt first choice for that role, originally ben stiller was meant to play that role....that would have been shiiiiiiiiiiiite!
    orestes wrote: »
    There is no force of man, nature or gods that could force me to go to that inevitable abortion of a festival

+100000000000000000000000

could not have put it better myself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

No Oxegen for me this year, people would rather throw a ticket away than sell it to me yesterday for 20 quid, their loss.

just ring her she is of geting drink for us so good now when she will be back she said theres about 100 in the line she said so i will be on this for a long time then some weakend this is turning out to be

• Advertisement

just ring her she is of geting drink for us so good now when she will be back she said theres about 100 in the line she said so i will be on this for a long time then some weakend this is turning out to be

Cheer up dude, at least you have the PW forum. How long do you think the aul battery will last?:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement