Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Anyone staying up to see UFC tonight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

I plan to, but i may fall asleep on my keyboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Jolt2007

I'm up to watch it, was getting nicely hyped up watching the Ultimate 100 Greatest Fights thing but hearing the news about Arturo Gatti was upsetting and took my mind a bit off it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Yeah I'll be watchin it, not meaning to backseat mod or anything but SPOILERS PEOPLE!

Got the NASCAR to watch before it, so glad I gave Oxegen a miss. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

Going to watch my first UFC tonight to see what the fuss is about. Gunna trow a fiver on brock lesnar to lose to make it more intresting :)

• Advertisement

pingu_girl wrote: »
    Going to watch my first UFC tonight to see what the fuss is about. Gunna trow a fiver on brock lesnar to lose to make it more intresting :)

Ya might love or hate it tbh. The lack of action over the course of a show gets on my nerves sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭michael.etc...

pingu_girl wrote: »

Should be a Great choice of show to initiate you. Theres five or six fights with the potential to be fantastic, and the countdown show has been outstanding.

Mir will get such heat if he beats Brock....

Mir will get such heat if he beats Brock....

And vice versa.

amacachi wrote: »
    And vice versa.

It's total pro-wrestling with these two. They're both mega-heels, but Brock's the Babyface for this one match, and then it's back to business...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Looking forward to it. Got money on Mir, Coleman, O'brein and a Hendo win by decision. Cue massive eggy face in two hours

• Advertisement

Right I have €15 (big spender) :pac: on ufc 100 Im not a betting nor a ufc woman but this should be fun. I havent a clue about any of the fighters except brocks rasslin days.

I got Dan Henderson, Thiago Alves, Paulo Thiago, Frank Mir to win singley, in an Accumulator and triples.

It's total pro-wrestling with these two. They're both mega-heels, but Brock's the Babyface for this one match, and then it's back to business...

Think there's still a lot of resentment for Lesnar from "real" fans though.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Gonna watch it for Brock. Hope he breaks Mir in half.

My prediction is Mir to win by submission either late in the 3rd, or early in the 4th.

Your thoughts/predictions?

CMpunked wrote: »
    My prediction is Mir to win by submission either late in the 3rd, or early in the 4th.

Your thoughts/predictions?

Be surprised to see Mir last that long tbh.

Lesnar in the first or third. Possible decision if Mir has performed a miracle on his cardio.

I'm going for Lesnar to stop him in the first too.

But if Lesnar doesn't manage to put him away by the third, i can see him losing his focus and getting caught out.I keep hearing Mir's cardio is unbelievable for this fight, but i can't see it going long enough to be an issue anyways!

Yeah your right, i bring my prediction back a round.

any ideas what time the main event should be started?

How many fights are there? I was only given the option to bet on 4

Theres 4 "main events" which are definitely going to be shown.

From Wiki:

WITH SPOILERS
    Official fight card

Main card

Preliminary card

Coleman defeated Bonnar via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28). Miller defeated Danzig via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27). Jones defeated O'Brien via submission (guillotine choke) at 2:43 of round 2. Kim defeated Grant via unanimous decision (30-26, 30-26, 30-26). Lawlor defeated Dollaway via submission (guillotine choke) at 0:55 of round 1. Gugerty defeated Grice via submission (guillotine choke) at 2:36 of round 1.

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Looking forward to it. Got money on Mir, Coleman, O'brein and a Hendo win by decision. Cue massive eggy face in two hours

1 3-1 shot out of 4 isn't awful

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Brock is the greatest heel in UFC history. Awesome stuff post match. Spoilered to stop any whinging even though the topic has spoilers in the title.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I enjoyed the Henderson - Bisping fight themost. The ending was great :D

Sexiyama Belcher fight was the best on the televised card by a mile. Loved his spinning duck under a belcher head kick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Belcher gave Akiyama the stiffest kick to the dick ever

Belcher gave Akiyama the stiffest kick to the dick ever

It wasn't that it was to the dick it was that it clearly only hit one ball which is so so so so so much more painful than hitting both because the contrast of the left ball being fine compared to the other screaming in pain is unbearable

• Registered Users Posts: 11,350 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Sexiyama Belcher fight was the best on the televised card by a mile. Loved his spinning duck under a belcher head kick

or belchers superman punch coming off the cage, classic ufc moment

It wasn't that it was to the dick it was that it clearly only hit one ball which is so so so so so much more painful than hitting both because the contrast of the left ball being fine compared to the other screaming in pain is unbearable

As soon as it happened i knew he was nailed point blank in the scrotum. Ouch....

That was FOTN for me too. I had it 29-28 Akiyama though, which i'm guessing most would disagree with, though Bryan Alvarez had it the same. Which makes me think (after the Guida/Sanchez fight too), that there's a fairly varied attitude when it comes to scoring, and which techniques leave bigger impressions on different judges.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Just watching the replays on Setanta Ireland now. Oh lord Bisoing got knocked the f*ck OUT, with the second punch for good measure. No harm either to be honest, keep his trap shut for a little while.:pac:

As soon as it happened i knew he was nailed point blank in the scrotum. Ouch....

That was FOTN for me too. I had it 29-28 Akiyama though, which i'm guessing most would disagree with, though Bryan Alvarez had it the same. Which makes me think (after the Guida/Sanchez fight too), that there's a fairly varied attitude when it comes to scoring, and which techniques leave bigger impressions on different judges.

I actually had it 29-28 at least as well, veering to 30-27. Felt the commentating swinged public opinion on where the fight should have gone on that one

• Advertisement

I actually had it 29-28 at least as well, veering to 30-27. Felt the commentating swinged public opinion on where the fight should have gone on that one

Definitely- and they were hugely pro-Belcher, not just a little unconvinced by the scoring. I think the second round swayed most people, because Belcher did alot of damage at the end, but I would have narrowly given that one to Akiyama because he controlled the majority of it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement