Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Shows about spoilt brats. Why MTV why? You use to be cool. Now between your Hills shows and Your Super Sweet 16's and your embarrassing "you got served" shows, you just suck.:(:P

So much for Music Television eh? ;)
    Cant stand tiernan either.

When he was on the late late show he said that he jokes about disabilities and that, but then when he was challenged about it he said something about receiving a letter from an organisation saying that it was fine?

Yeah... so that counts for ALL the disabled people in the country?

I dont like people who make fun of other people to get a laugh.

What were those people called in school? Bullies.

He was funny...a few years ago, now he just seems to try and be controversial by sounding completely racist and ends up looking like a fool.

Watched the dvd he released last year and it was just not funny at all :/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

I dont like people who make fun of other people to get a laugh.

Why the hell do you watch pro wrestling then?!
    What were those people called in school? Bullies.

I'm getting tired of this sh*t to be honest. The internet playing the "i'm being bullied" card. Especially when those responsible for doing so are usually whiny little maggots who can't handle an opposing opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

So much for Music Television eh?

MTV playing music? What an alien concept!:D:pac:

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    MTV playing music? What an alien concept!:D:pac:

Didn't they stop playing music around 2001-2002? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

ShawnRaven wrote: »

Yup, that's why it's an alien concept.:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

krudler wrote: »
    Maeve Higgins is possibly the worst comedian on earth, her "god I'm so dizzy and from Cork like and cant get a boyfriend like and did I mention I'm from Cork like?" act is about as funny as a dose of rectal warts that need to be removed with a blowtorch

Honestly can't stand her, she's not funny like!

These days they are on at 4am, but how many people would be awake to witness that ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Dean820 wrote: »
    Girls who don't shave underneath their arms ... What is that all about?

Doesn't bother me.
    Or that yank dude, Maury or whatever his name is.

Maury is ok, he listens and he's rational.

These days they are on at 4am, but how many people would be awake to witness that ;)

Myself included, these days i'm out for the count by 1am! That said, i doubt that MTV would play music i'd listen. What was it Piper called em back in 85, "Music To Vomit (by)"? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭DinnyBatman

I'm getting tired of this sh*t to be honest. The internet playing the "i'm being bullied" card. Especially when those responsible for doing so are usually whiny little maggots who can't handle an opposing opinion.

LOL. To hell with Tiernan etc. Funniest comedian goes to Mr. Raven - funny but bitter!:D

LOL. To hell with Tiernan etc. Funniest comedian goes to Mr. Raven - funny but bitter!:D

Bitter? Not really, Open, honest and true? Now you're on the right track. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭chops1990

gimmick wrote: »

Has a Munster fan ever known anything other than privilege and ostentaion? The mind boggles. HEEEAVE :rolleyes:

Thats wrong. Leinster is the richest province in Ireland clearly. The west of Ireland is the poorest side of this Island. Can you not just have some pride that a provincial team of a tiny country like ours beat a rugby giant 30 years ago, and came so close only a few weeks ago? Munster fans are the best fans in the world, the fans were a major part in the Munster and All Blacks match a few weeks ago. The team was fatigued and the fans drove them on to a spectacle of a match that will be remembered for ages. seeing as it was the last ever match allowed where a provincial team will be allowed play a national team. MUNSTER! MUNSTER! MUNSTER!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Stopped here
    Tiernan WAS a decent comic, from around 98-02 he was brilliant, but he's now worn out his welcome and his jokes are nothing more than racist digs. His stand up has been pretty much the same for the last four years.

Hell if you get his Ok Baby DVD, the stuff he did around 97 was funnier than the entire show on that disc!

Im with SR but with an exception I thought Bovinty was a great return to form when I saw it this Summer in Vicar St. The artfulness of his original material is no longer there and what is left is shouty contrived vulgarity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Always thought Tiernan was a douche.Now hes just a bigger,more famous douche doing what appears to be a poor imitation of Bernard Manning.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

nedtheshed wrote: »
    doing what appears to be a poor imitation of Bernard Manning.

I wouldnt make that comparsion as both men's material comes from difference places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I now have a new prejudice - people who when you aks them what kind of music they like who respond with "whatever is in the charts really".

H Christ - can these morons not make up their own minds rather than be slave to corporate decisions? Is something good because it is in the charts or is it seen as being good because it is in the charts - a kind of sheep mentality as such? Now the obvious answer here si that people are buying this stuff, but is this because this chart crap is put on NOW 55 first?

GaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭KrazeeEyezKilla

The common one I hear is "Oh, I like anything really" often followed by "except rap" or "apart from metal". Most of these people wouldn't be huge into music and so don't have high standards. If all you hear is the charts than you won't know that there is anything better. If I had my memory wiped and the first music I heard was Westlife, Id probably think it was good because I wouldnt know any better.

My favourite music is deep house. I never heard such on the radio or anything. I found my way to it as even when I was 12 I realised there was more to life than the charts.

I am not saying it is wrong to like chart music, I just have the automoton mentality toward it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Two totally different concepts. But shh, we cant discuss it here :p

Did you get that off me?:confused:

I now have a new prejudice - people who when you aks them what kind of music they like who respond with "whatever is in the charts really".

H Christ - can these morons not make up their own minds rather than be slave to corporate decisions? Is something good because it is in the charts or is it seen as being good because it is in the charts - a kind of sheep mentality as such? Now the obvious answer here si that people are buying this stuff, but is this because this chart crap is put on NOW 55 first?

To be fair on that post, gimmick. You'd be surprised the amount of people who don't go and buy cd's and just listen to the radio the whole time, specifically people who're stuck in work with nothing but a radio, by the time they get home they just wanna put on the box. The chances are the majority of self admitted chart listeners fall into this category, from my own personal experience from asking people this anyway.

Well those people are not music fans then are they? I am on about the HMV queue masses who are buying such tripe as the best of NOW etc.

I am in right crappy form this week. Could be for a number of reasons, but I am pretty sure its because of the idiot women I work with who wioll not stop talking about Christmas, how much they love it etc etc etc and how they cannot believe it is Christmas again. Thats all well and good, but when they say "Its scary how close it is again!!!!!" thats what wrecks my head.

Myself, I love Christmas - I just wish everyone else would shut up about it :)

• Advertisement

Well those people are not music fans then are they?

With all due respect, but Jesus, have you any clue how much of a nazi you sound like? Basically you're saying you have to have a certain amount of albums by specific artists to be a fan? Bullsh*t, Some people may have better things to do with their money, the NOW compilations are actually handy to have if you're throwing parties for your better half, or kids parties or something. Sure i wouldn't be caught dead listening to it myself, but i can understand the concept behind them. I have a load of them from the 80s actually. I still listen to them, more for nostalgia than anything else, I'm happy to say i can relive memories through certain music, no matter how cheesy it is. And that applies to everyone with all music, rap, hip-hop, nu-metal and yes, even NOW compilations.

Shawn's missus likes crap NOW music :pac:

Hehe :D
    All seriousness aside I got a NOW album every Xmas for a few years there mid-1990

My uncle has the first few NOW albums on vinyl!!

Shawn's missus likes crap NOW music :pac:

Hehe :D

I never denied this! I got dragged to Madonna 3 years ago, thankfully Iggy Pop was doing support so it somewhat cushioned the blow, even if he was booted off the stage 20 minutes into the set.

So you admit to liking crap NOW albums from the 90s then, Alan ;)
    My uncle has the first few NOW albums on vinyl!!

I had the first NOW album on tape for years, should have kept it, would be worth something today.

Iggy Pop was booted off stage 20mins ? :confused:
    Aww :( Love that guy, I was at Electric Picnic last year when he invited everyone on to the stage. A great little quasi hippy moment :p

My girlfriend likes Take That and has tickets to them.....
    ehhh......

Iggy Pop was booted off stage 20mins ? :confused:
    Aww :( Love that guy, I was at Electric Picnic last year when he invited everyone on to the stage. A great little quasi hippy moment :p

Yeah, too much profanity apparently yet it was alright for Madonna to swear, after all, the tickets were 95 euro :eek:
    My girlfriend likes Take That and has tickets to them.....
    ehhh......

I win, mine has tickets to Boyzone! That said, she didn't pay for them. :)

With all due respect, but Jesus, have you any clue how much of a nazi you sound like?

Fully aware and proud of it :) I have always been a music snob. Now on the other side of that, I don't dislike anything just because it is in the charts, but I do not see why people like stuff just because it is in the charts (if that makes any sense).
    more for nostalgia than anything else, I'm happy to say i can relive memories through certain music, no matter how cheesy it is. And that applies to everyone with all music, rap, hip-hop, nu-metal and yes, even NOW compilations.

Thats all well and good. Of course I like some stuff from a nostalgia opoint of view. I think the point I am trying to make is people who think that "in the charts" is a genre bug me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Unfortunately Mikey from Boyzone's best work is behind him

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatal_Deviation

If anyone hasn’t seen this, has a spare hour or so and wants a serious laugh, watch this on youtube, its f*ckin hilarious

http://uk.youtube.com/results?search_query=Fatal+Deviation+&search_type=&aq=f

Fully aware and proud of it :) I have always been a music snob. Now on the other side of that, I don't dislike anything just because it is in the charts, but I do not see why people like stuff just because it is in the charts (if that makes any sense).

In fairness , no I don't really get you .
    Yeah, too much profanity apparently yet it was alright for Madonna to swear, after all, the tickets were 95 euro :eek:

My first ever music concert experience was Boyzone. My nanny goes to bingo in the Star in Crumlin and just before they'd gone national they played the bingo hall and of course Nanny was in me Ma's hear and we got dragged along to it. Shocking stuff folks. I have a dark past , you read it here first.

That's called mainstream media, for without which, you probably wouldn't have gone near this particular part of boards.ie ;)
    Thats all well and good. Of course I like some stuff from a nostalgia opoint of view. I think the point I am trying to make is people who think that "in the charts" is a genre bug me.

I do hear ya in that sense, I first started paying attention to the charts in 1986, and to be fair, chart music was a lot more diverse, and by the time 88 came around, you had rap artists, hip hop artists, goth artists, metal, chicago and new york house as well as american boy bands and UK teen heart throbs all in the chart at the same week. It was a good time to be a music fan, especially when all you had was the radio because you for so much exposure to different types of music as a kid/early teenager. Enough to make up your mind on what you liked.

That's why i still watch VH1 Classic. It's about the only station that still offers that kind of diversity. I know had it now been for chart music when i was growing up, i wouldn't have had the interest i have now in music.

Then manufactured crap hit the mid 90s and changed everything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

My first ever music concert experience was Boyzone. My nanny goes to bingo in the Star in Crumlin and just before they'd gone national they played the bingo hall and of course Nanny was in me Ma's hear and we got dragged along to it. Shocking stuff folks. I have a dark past , you read it here first.

That must have been around the time of this, the infamous Budweiser free promotional braces incident (The mere sight of them caused Dicky Rock's son to quit the band and take up a heroin habit!)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=hr2ZKhV6eKc

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement