Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Anybody go to see the Boss this weekend?, just got a call from my brother who went tonight, 3hrs 15 minutes he played, Legend at nearly 60 years old, I really wanted to go but couldnt swing it

on UFC 100 I only watched Mir vs Lesnar so far but Brock was way too strong for Mir, loving Brocks heel persona haha, I might even get on my wife haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

*hic*

I think in future we might go back to the old method of seperate spoiler threads for UFC, seperate al the talk from in here, must give that some more thought tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

orestes wrote: »
    *hic*

I think in future we might go back to the old method of seperate spoiler threads for UFC, seperate al the talk from in here, must give that some more thought tomorrow

you sure your *hic'ed*?

CMpunked wrote: »
    you sure your *hic'ed*?

I can speak a lot of sense when I hic, I am a philosophy graduate/mod after all :D

And why do you think I'm leaving the thinking about till tomorrow while doing the thinking out loud here tonight?

Never forget boys and girls, there's method to my madness :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Fake hicerer ^^^^^ :pac:

• Advertisement

Fake hicerer ^^^^^ :pac:

You did not just say that

TELL ME you did not just say that! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

I fell asleep before the Mir/Lesnar bout. Grrr.

For a whole day? :p
    (it was repeated yesterday).

I was going to stay up and made it to half 2 but when i weighted out that i had work the following day i decided not to, kinda glad too.

If i hadda waited up all that time and then see that it
    was over in two rounds,
    i woulda been seriously píssed.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

EdK wrote: »
    Anybody go to see the Boss this weekend?, just got a call from my brother who went tonight, 3hrs 15 minutes he played, Legend at nearly 60 years old, I really wanted to go but couldnt swing it

on UFC 100 I only watched Mir vs Lesnar so far but Brock was way too strong for Mir, loving Brocks heel persona haha, I might even get on my wife haha

Saw both gigs,sound was bit off on Saturday plus the weather was plain cat,Sunday was just fantastic. That was my 8th time seeing him and he just gets better and better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭Sunset V

Saw both gigs,sound was bit off on Saturday plus the weather was plain cat,Sunday was just fantastic. That was my 8th time seeing him and he just gets better and better.

met Steve Van Zandt yesterday before the mobs well ,eh, mobbed him at Tower Records. Absolute legend, nice chap. Lovely shirt / bandanna combo!

• Advertisement

EdK wrote: »

....Who?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,109 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

CMpunked wrote: »
    ....Who?

Bruce-Springsteen-If-I-Were-The-Bos-377734.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

*hic*

my god lads im desttroyed. havent been to sleep after the munste rfinal. got 4 hours sleep after the ufc was in the pub by 12, staright back after the match. no earthly idea how i got from thurless to clonmel. ended up at a session in the mel this mornin, if anyone saw me or my friends out the cashel bypass at some stage this morning or gave us a lift will ya let me know. only in the door with an hour. only occured to me at 3 that i was 7 hour slate for work, ccould be in line for a bollicking tomorrow now. roll on croker!!!! Tiobraid Árann abu!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Bruce Springsteen. Most people however would never pay that money to hear some pretty awful music and look at someone be cool for ages

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭camero

just got back from it best weakend in a long time
    got there on the Thursday and put up my tent was in the blue camp site then found out that my cousin was going up on Friday so he put up his tent be side my one .
    any way let me get on to the acts i got to see on the Friday
    dirty epics-great live bit off a let let with very faw there

the script-do not like then live I had to go see then because the gf and cousin wanted to see then
    snow patrol-great band put don't put on much of a show a bit show for then to get going
    keane-same as above

on the Saturday
    kings of leon-great band every thing was right with this show only thing which was wrong was there set list
    the saterdays- i like then maybe because they are all so sexy
    litte boots- great act she puts on a geart show
    bloc party- only there because the kings where on next but put on a good show

on the sunday
    the killers- great band this is my 4 time to see then thay naver get sick of there music
    you me at six-they where ok not a big fun off there music any way
    white lies- to me was the best show off the weakend
    katy perry-frist time to see her and i liked it was good in so many ways
    the thing things- 2nd time to see then geting bitter with each show

anyway was asked for my autograff about 300 times dont no why remanber do not go looking like you are in a band ok.
    got a interview of mtv by your one asking me about my music ?????? still dont no why i got asked this anyway lied my ass off so might see me on mtv soon got to go back stage as will great back there .
    i had a pear of rayband avaters on me with a nice jumper male skinny jeans andthose boots and a nice hair style i must have looked like a vip anyway
    i will give it 8 out of 10 put pitty out the mud and rain

• Subscribers Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Brolly

Spotted this on my online travels:

Jerry "The King" Lawler is running for Mayor in Memphis...again!...

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2009/jul/08/wrestler-jerry-lawler-running-memphis-mayor/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

I take it hes not dead so

pingu_girl wrote: »

Could be, they might just have put through the application now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Gerard.C wrote: »
    *hic*

my god lads im desttroyed. havent been to sleep after the munste rfinal. got 4 hours sleep after the ufc was in the pub by 12, staright back after the match. no earthly idea how i got from thurless to clonmel. ended up at a session in the mel this mornin, if anyone saw me or my friends out the cashel bypass at some stage this morning or gave us a lift will ya let me know. only in the door with an hour. only occured to me at 3 that i was 7 hour slate for work, ccould be in line for a bollicking tomorrow now. roll on croker!!!! Tiobraid Árann abu!!!
    Jesus Ger I hope you're alright, the last time I saw you was about ten minutes before the match you were trying to take your own photo with a tramp who was lying on the street outside Abra Kebabra in Thurles Square. To be honest he looked in better shape than you did bai.

Great win anyway for the Waterdford minors, our first Munster Title for a generation. To be honest I was only out to support them, I left before the senior match. Glad I did, judging by the radio commentary on the way home I missed nothing in the senior anyway.

Do you mean Gerard. C or Lawler?!:pac:

• Advertisement

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Bruce Springsteen. Most people however would never pay that money to hear some pretty awful music and look at someone be cool for ages

You'll have to stop posting stuff I disagree inherently with Bubs or I'll have to put you on ignore!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

flahavaj wrote: »
    You'll have to stop posting stuff I disagree inherently with Bubs or I'll have to put you on ignore!:pac:

I'm nearly 100% sure that you can't ignore mods because you'd miss our words of wisdom

Bubs101 wrote: »
    I'm nearly 100% sure that you can't ignore mods because you'd miss our words of wisdom

God knows, I've tried in the past Bubs.;)

Jesus Ger I hope you're alright, the last time I saw you was about ten minutes before the match you were trying to take your own photo with a tramp who was lying on the street outside Abra Kebabra in Thurles Square. To be honest he looked in better shape than you did bai.

Great win anyway for the Waterdford minors, our first Munster Title for a generation. To be honest I was only out to support them, I left before the senior match. Glad I did, judging by the radio commentary on the way home I missed nothing in the senior anyway.

Just about, I still have a job to go into. The supervisor "called in sick" at half 8 yesterday morning too. I pulled the auld shur I'm only a summer worker line, bit of a eating but its grand! I woke up with a few quare photos alright, they won't be going on the mantle piece anytime soon!

The minor game was handy enough, we got a soft penalty near the end of the 2nd that I thought would turn it for us. We made do with the senior championship though!! Enjoy the lashing ye get off Galway or whoever ye get!

Just about, I still have a job to go into. The supervisor "called in sick" at half 8 yesterday morning too. I pulled the auld shur I'm only a summer worker line, bit of a eating but its grand! I woke up with a few quare photos alright, they won't be going on the mantle piece anytime soon!

The minor game was handy enough, we got a soft penalty near the end of the 2nd that I thought would turn it for us. We made do with the senior championship though!! Enjoy the lashing ye get off Galway or whoever ye get!
    Galway or Cork next. Full back line could get et alive by Canning.:mad:

Were you mouldy yesterday? You were in a fine state in Thurles, you were so bad you kept thinking I was your father and kept asking me for a few pound for drink! Unreal bai.:pac:

Galway or Cork next. Full back line could get et alive by Canning.:mad:

Were you mouldy yesterday? You were in a fine state in Thurles, you were so bad you kept thinking I was your father and kept asking me for a few pound for drink! Unreal bai.:pac:

I was stuck for the money. I'd the hat on the ground at one stage singing slievenamon shur! got 3.50 out of it, happy out.

Here's one for yer Liam McCarthy plight this year :)

I was stuck for the money. I'd the hat on the ground at one stage singing slievenamon shur! got 3.50 out of it, happy out.

Here's one for yer Liam McCarthy plight this year :)

Jesus you did well out of it Ger bai, well done. 3.50 is not to be sniffed at bai. Any recollection as to how you got home yet?:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

[/YOUTUBE]

Doing the muster mafia proud, ahboy the ger bah.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Doing the muster mafia proud, ahboy the ger bah.

despite all the Hurling talk, I dont think I could honestly ever join a Dublin/Leinster faction.

*BH* pulls out the red Jersey of Munster and put it on as the Munster Mafia's theme tune plays in the background (Ger's drunking busking)

Tweener no more !!

• Advertisement

despite all the Hurling talk, I dont think I could honestly ever join a Dublin/Leinster faction.

*BH* pulls out the red Jersey of Munster and put it on as the Munster Mafia's theme tune plays in the background (Ger's drunking busking)

Tweener no more !!

Enjoy your cabbage and bacon while you can traitor, when the revolution comes you will be first against the wall for betraying your Leinster bretheren

And that time will come soon, believe me

Bubs, Bendix, fancy taking your rightful places amongst the Leinster crew? This is your one and only offer to join the winning team while there's still a chance. If you're not with us, you're against us

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement