Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,706 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

orestes wrote: »
    Enjoy your cabbage and bacon while you can traitor, when the revolution comes you will be first against the wall for betraying your Leinster bretheren

And that time will come soon, believe me

Bubs, Bendix, fancy taking your rightful places amongst the Leinster crew? This is your one and only offer to join the winning team while there's still a chance. If you're not with us, you're against us

I cant wait to see this revolution as you put it, but somehow i doubt that 3 man Leinster crew is going to strike fear into the hearts of the Munster Mafia.

this a sad day but i guess this is the end of our *hiccing* tag team as i form a stronger alliegence with my Munster bretheren... Cos im Munster born and Munster bred and when I die ill be Munster dead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

this a sad day but i guess this is the end of our *hiccing* tag team as i form a stronger alliegence with my Munster bretheren... Cos im Munster born and Munster bred and when I die ill be Munster dead

A sad day? For me it is a good day, I wouldn't want to drink with a traitor, especially one who rejected his bretheren for the Munster Mullahs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

After a 42 month absense I returned to the 6 a side playing field last night. I expected to be rubbish, but biy do I still got it. Short deft passing, creating space for myself and those around me. I think I am even better now than pre injury :) Good to be back, but my thighs are well sore this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭Sunset V

gimmick wrote: »
    After a 42 month absense I returned to the 6 a side playing field last night. I expected to be rubbish, but biy do I still got it. Short deft passing, creating space for myself and those around me. I think I am even better now than pre injury :) Good to be back, but my thighs are well sore this morning.

Oh I know where you're coming from. On the recovery trail after hip surgery (sad that a man of 22 is having hip surgery!:( ) but I started running this week. My lungs are now somewhere in South Dublin. Keep up the good work!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Hip surgery? Jesus? What happened you?

I broke and fractured my leg, tearing some ligaments at the same time while also breaking and dislocating my ankle.......all in one tackle.

I could easily have started back 18 months ago if not longer, but was genuinely nervous. Yesterday I ran out of excuses.

I am sure you will agree though, its good to have a decent run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Anyone see Bruno yet?

A sad day? For me it is a good day, I wouldn't want to drink with a traitor, especially one who rejected his bretheren for the Munster Mullahs

well if it isnt the Miz to my Chris Jericho, not rejecting my bretheren but returning back home to them (Munster) after seing the light of what is obviously boards.ie's face faction. Why so obvious? well cos were up against you Mr Moderator, so your Leinster ladyboys must obviously be the hated heels

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

CMpunked wrote: »
    Anyone see Bruno yet?

Saw it Sunday thought it was meh, few LOL moments but i'd never sit through it again borat was much better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Anyone see Bruno yet?

Yes it was ok some lol moments (Harrison Ford owned the movie for me :D) Borat was way better

JP Liz wrote: »
    Yes it was ok some lol moments (Harrison Ford owned the movie for me :D) Borat was way better
    same for me but the meatspin was a bit much.
    Fcuk Off!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭Sunset V

I broke and fractured my leg, tearing some ligaments at the same time while also breaking and dislocating my ankle.......all in one tackle.

I could easily have started back 18 months ago if not longer, but was genuinely nervous. Yesterday I ran out of excuses.

Oh jesus H that sounds horrible. How the hell did you do that!? I got a bad tackle in rugby when I was 16 hurt my hip then and wasn't right. Just kept getting stiff and cracking like hell. So it turns out there was no fluid going into my hip (Roy Keane style) so they had to take the hip out of it's socket, clean all away everything inside and get the fluid back in there. There's wear on the bone too so i'll be looking at a replacement before im 30! Happy days!!

I hear you barking about the fear factor though, couldn't get out to do the run at first, but slowly got round to it and started back this week. recovery = no craic! :) Yeah, you're right. The burn you get the day after exercise was sorely missed (pun intended!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Anyone see Bruno yet?

Saw it on Tuesday. Didn't think it was better than Borat, still has some funny moments, more for shock than anything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Bruce Buffer

Anyone see Bruno yet?

ye went to see the other night and was a bit disappointed. The Harrison Ford bit was the only moment were i really burst out laughing. Looking forward to seeing the Hangover tonight though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

despite all the Hurling talk, I dont think I could honestly ever join a Dublin/Leinster faction.

*BH* pulls out the red Jersey of Munster and put it on as the Munster Mafia's theme tune plays in the background (Ger's drunking busking)

Tweener no more !!

Want to go one more and whip out the Blue and Gold? You know ya want to!

Alllooonnneee, alllll allonnnneee.

Shur what would The Dubs know about Revolutions, hah? We brought Big Liam Lynch and Big Dan Breen into the country, and our boyo Gimmick has The Great Big Mick to his credit!

Jesus man, that sounds bloody nasty! Good to hear you're back on your feet and back in the game though dude, best of luck with it :)
    well if it isnt the Miz to my Chris Jericho, not rejecting my bretheren but returning back home to them (Munster) after seing the light of what is obviously boards.ie's face faction. Why so obvious? well cos were up against you Mr Moderator, so your Leinster ladyboys must obviously be the hated heels

Jericho's best days are behind him sir, as are yours. The Leisnter crew are led by me, but I am not the glory hunting power-tripper looking to dominate the forum. We simply want our superiority recognised by the cabbage-munchers, as is our birth-right.

Jesus man, that sounds bloody nasty! Good to hear you're back on your feet and back in the game though dude, best of luck with it :)

Jericho's best days are behind him sir, as are yours. The Leisnter crew are led by me, but I am not the glory hunting power-tripper looking to dominate the forum. We simply want our superiority recognised by the cabbage-munchers, as is our birth-right.

what Leinster crew i seem to only see you and people youve invited who are MIA strange how they havent answerd that call eh ;)

sorry Ger tis the Munster Mafia not the wadderford one and i doubt my Limerick based family would allow that even if im more of a Rugby man than a GAA fella

what Leinster crew i seem to only see you and people youve invited who are MIA strange how they havent answerd that call eh ;)

As I have already said, we're biding our time. Letting you lot run away with yourselves makes our eventual victory all the sweeter. Remeber, pride comes before the fall.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

ye went to see the other night and was a bit disappointed. The Harrison Ford bit was the only moment were i really burst out laughing. Looking forward to seeing the Hangover tonight though :D

You will NOT be disappointed.

Everything in it you do not see coming!

sorry Ger tis the Munster Mafia not the wadderford one and i doubt my Limerick based family would allow that even if im more of a Rugby man than a GAA fella

You mightn't be in it for long if you don't correct that one soon enough now :)

Gerard.C wrote: »
    You mightn't be in it for long if you don't correct that one soon enough now :)

Troublie in paradise eh? Already falling apart with interior struggles, such is the weakness of too many members. Makes it easier for a smaller and cohesive unit to pick off the members one by one. The time for talking is coming to an end however, soon I shall provide a more practical demonstration.

• Advertisement

Troublie in paradise eh? Already falling apart with interior struggles, such is the weakness of too many members. Makes it easier for a smaller and cohesive unit to pick off the members one by one. The time for talking is coming to an end however, soon I shall provide a more practical demonstration.

Just a Geography lesson for our Shannon Side rep. We dont fall out. We sort it out quick and like men, and move on a stronger side.

Trying to stir it in the Munster camp already? Jesus yer getting nervous fast aren't ye? People are jumping to us and ye can't handle the over-whelming scent of defeat so ye (I use the term "ye" loosely, as it would imply more than one!) try and plant sour seeds in Camp Munster. Sly, underhanded tactics that we have expected from The Leinster Langers!

Just a Geography lesson for our Shannon Side rep. We dont fall out. We sort it out quick and like men, and move on a stronger side.

Trying to stir it in the Munster camp already? Jesus yer getting nervous fast aren't ye? People are jumping to us and ye can't handle the over-whelming scent of defeat so ye (I use the term "ye" loosely, as it would imply more than one!) try and plant sour seeds in Camp Munster. Sly, underhanded tactics that we have expected from The Leinster Langers!

hes just worried that none of his Leinster faction have stepped up to the plate and sure I just assumed you were waterford like the others cos o all the banter never actually checked your location.

methinks Orestes secretley loves the bacon and cabbage :pac:

hes just worried that none of his Leinster faction have stepped up to the plate and sure I just assumed you were waterford like the others cos o all the banter never actually checked your location.

methinks Orestes secretley loves the bacon and cabbage :pac:

You're right too, we have better things to be doing. Munster men and women have little time to rest, let alone Location Check. Welcome Aboard! The might of Sean South from Garryowen is among the Munster Mafia now lads!!

You're right too, we have better things to be doing. Munster men and women have little time to rest, let alone Location Check. Welcome Aboard! The might of Sean South from Garryowen is among the Munster Mafia now lads!!

you know it! the auld fella even played for Garryowen! now where are Bubs and Benedix or is the Leinster Langers an army of one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Spoken like the true hero and Irishman that you are Ger. We needed men like you in 1916 bai.

Take the Munster Final on Sunday for example. For the 70 minutes of that match, myself and Ger were on opposite sides of the camp, lost on a tidal wave of emotion and passionate support for our respective counties. But come the fulltime whistle, who was there to prop up the bauld Ger as he drank himself into oblivion, who was there in Abra Kebabra to cut his donor kebab into little pieces and feed it to him as he was incapable of seeing 2 feet in front of him, who slipped him the sly whiskey that they said was one too many, who was there to drag him kicking and screaming from the fountain outside Dunnes Stores as he prepared to relieve himself in front of the Waterford team bus, and who was there at the end of the night, to turn him in the general direction of the Clonmel bypass, with an awkward hug and a kick in the hole, sending him roaring and singing on his way merrily home? Twas me, his brother in arms, his steadfast comrade on the frontline of the Munster Mafia, the irrepressible flahavaj.

Remember this Leinster Ladyboys, this runs far deeper than an internet forum for us, this is a way of life: the Munster Mafia are here to stay, join us or fight us, we don't care, either way you can't bayte us, even with a sh*tty stick.

flahavaj wrote: »
    Take the Munster Final on Sunday for example. For the 70 minutes of that match, myself and Ger were on opposite sides of the camp, lost on a tidal wave of emotion and passionate support for our respective counties. But come the fulltime whistle, who was there to prop up the bauld Ger as he drank himself into oblivion, who was there in Abra Kebabra to cut his donor kebab into little pieces and feed it to him as he was incapable of seeing 2 feet in front of him, who slipped him the sly whiskey that they said was one too many, who was there to drag him kicking and screaming from the fountain outside Dunnes Stores as he prepared to relieve himself in front of the Waterford team bus, and who was there at the end of the night, to turn him in the general direction of the Clonmel bypass, with an awkward hug and a kick in the hole, sending him roaring and singing on his way merrily home? Twas me, his brother in arms, his steadfast comrade on the frontline of the Munster Mafia, the irrepressible flahavaj.

So what you're saying is you Munster munters can't handle your drink? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Naw bai, far from it. I'd be willing to put my ability to sup porter up agin any Ladyboy any day of the week. Likewise the bauld Ger, hes a horse of a youngfella and well able. But every man has his limit and when we cross it, we're there in force to back each other up, bah.

That's the only way the handle 18 pints of stout lad!! You won't find your fancy d4 cocktails down this side of the country. Tis the pint, the pint bottle or the small one and by god the only way to handle them is by keeling over on the foothpath!

flahavaj wrote: »
    Spoken like the true hero and Irishman that you are Ger. We needed men like you in 1916 bai.

Remember this Leinster Ladyboys, this runs far deeper than an internet forum for us, this is a way of life: the Munster Mafia are here to stay, join us or fight us, we don't care, either way you can't bayte us, even with a sh*tty stick.

We are men born of tradition. We are accepting of all but wary of those we don't know, or "outsiders" as we call them. They tend to lump us into one category. "Oh yis are bogger culchies". We're not. We're men of Munster, Men Of Ireland. And lest we forget the Pingu_Women of our Emerald Isle. We are a unit that, if active in the days of yore, would stood proudly alongside Plunkett, Pearse and McBride and not shunned them as some had done. We wouldn't have cast a black cloud over any man who sang a Soldiers Song. When we are proclaimed "Bacon and Cabbage" eaters by those who dine on Bagels and Lattes, we have no alternative. Our Brotherhood was shunned by those who suffer the misfortune of being a native of Leinster. It shant continue!

• Advertisement

We are men born of tradition. We are accepting of all but wary of those we don't know, or "outsiders" as we call them. They tend to lump us into one category. "Oh yis are bogger culchies". We're not. We're men of Munster, Men Of Ireland. And lest we forget the Pingu_Women of our Emerald Isle. We are a unit that, if active in the days of yore, would stood proudly alongside Plunkett, Pearse and McBride and not shunned them as some had done. We wouldn't have cast a black cloud over any man who sang a Soldiers Song. When we are proclaimed "Bacon and Cabbage" eaters by those who dine on Bagels and Lattes, we have no alternative. Our Brotherhood was shunned by those who suffer the misfortune of being a native of Leinster. It shant continue!

hear hear couldent have said it better boi! as the slogan goes Irish by birth Munster by the grace of God

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement