Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I hear our former mod, (whats his name, you know the fella with multiple personalities?) is posting pics of me on his forum. Seriously folks, does this guy have a life? And indeed, does he have any friends? It appears not.

The funniest thing about it all is his utter obsession with me. Tracking down photos??? FFS I believe this all started because he does not like my sig.

If he was such a man he would have done this here, instead he does it on some creepy little forum which no one has joined it seems.

What a loser.

At least now I know I won the feud he was having with me :)

Looks like my short term financial woes could be at and end :D

Today has been a good day

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Dam, thats fairly disrespectful...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

This is my opinion on this whole thing and my first and last word on this topic.

This whole failed new board is an obvious effort by our former moderator to cause trouble for this forum. I've been expecting him to pull some stunt like this since the day he walked away from here in a huff. Having realised from the simple fact that he managed to get a princely total of 6 members to sign up for said new board (bear in mind there are three founding members and the latest guy to sign up is a renowned troll) that no one was really that interested, now he has decided that the best way to advertise his little enterprise is to post pictures of long standing boards.ie posters on his own forum (that he trawled his friend's facebook account to find, no less) and call them names, hoping that this might drum up some interest in the project.

I wish him well in his new attempt to fill his all too abundant spare time: his cheap, abusive and downnright offensive tactics tell all that I need to know about the calibre of operation he has decided to run. Starting peurile "feuds" over the internet and wasting precious time and energy wading through people's personal lives in order to do so is typical of the drama that we have all come to associate with the man himself and the lack of such drama has made this board far more tolerable in the last few weeks.

My apologies to orestes if I have said to much, but sometimes a man has to speak out when he sees an injustice being committed, especially when that injustice involves someone trying to insult, degrade and bully someone I consider a friend. Speaking out is definitely worth any punishment I may incur in saying this, and any punishment will be accepted like a man, without complaint. My intention is not to cause trouble for orestes who I view as a fine and even handed moderator, I just want to nip this silliness in the bud and encourage others to rise above the childishness and dare i say it muppetry being displayed by folks elsewhere. Boards.ie is better than this pathetic little vendetta.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭camero

but gimmick and flahavaj just let that guy do what he likes anyway no nead to go on about here go there and make a name for yoursilf and be a man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I don't know who the old moderator is. Is it a secret or something? :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,235 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I don't know what went on with former mod, I'm confused.

Anybody have luck on the races today?

Some nice long odds winners in Galway.

Well if its a war he wants!!!.....

Its one he isnt going to get, cos there are probably people on here with better things to do?...

Now, off to the funny thread. :D

DM-ICE wrote: »

Some nice long odds winners in Galway.

Ha, my boss gave us a cast iron certainty yesterday at 16/1. I dont usually bet, and this time was no different, but a woman in the office who is so tight with money its beyond funny and bordering on the sad, threw down a €10. When it finsihed 2nd last you would swear the life savings were gone. Funny to say the least.

Anyone ever been to manchester?

Heading over to see the ladys family next week, kinda wanna go to old trafford and *ahem*coranation street set*cough*.

:o

Anyone ever been? Know how much it is and all that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,350 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

CMpunked wrote: »

Heading over to see the ladys family next week, kinda wanna go to old trafford and *ahem*coranation street set*cough*.

many times, not the most interesting of cities unless you are interested in the industrial revolution :D nightlife is decent, more gay bars/clubs in manchester than straight places though

OT tour is something like £11 i believe, again an empty stadium isn't the most exciting thing in the world and OT is far from the most impressive stadium you will ever see, bit bland imo but thats me, in wembley tour you get to hold up the fa cup at least, i didn't do the tour but i was over at a match a few years ago

they don't run the corrie tour anymore as far as i am aware, if you like theme parks blackpool pleasure beach is about an hour from manchester on the bus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

The Trafford shopping centre is ultimatly the greatest shopping centre Ive ever been too. That and alton towers is very close if you get a chance go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

I haven't had net access for the last couple of days so I'm not entirely sure what's going on here, but you can be damn sure I'm going to find out. I am going to ask anybody with any information on what has happened in the last couple of days to PM me with your side of the story and any links to anything you think I should be aware of. I can't police the internet and what happens on other sites isn't strictly any of my business, but the users of this forum are my responsibility and if anyone wants to try and bully them in any way they will answer to me here on the little patch of the internet I do take care of.

If any users of this forum have been using the other forum to have a go, they will face action for it here, regardless of who it was. I made my position on this very clear when the other board was set up. I'm not messing about here and I won't see this forum or the other dragged into this kind of crap cos it's no good for either board.

pingu_girl wrote: »
    The Trafford shopping centre is ultimatly the greatest shopping centre Ive ever been too. That and alton towers is very close if you get a chance go.

The Trafford Centre is an experience. Mrs Ice loves that place.

So I heard a story today, probably comes across better in speech than in text. This is supposed to have happened a fella in Tullamore. I'll call him Malcolm

Malcolm was out for a few pints and on the way home decided to buy a pizza, ordered the special.

Happy with himself Mal walked on home with his Pizza tucked under his arm. Ten Mins later Mal got home and placed his Pizza on the table, Opens the box only to be Greeted with Dry dough.

Not Impressed Mal heads back to the Pizza place.

"Ah Fuuk sake M-M-Mario messed up my Order - I asked for a P-P-Pizza not an apple tart".

Slaps Pizza Box up on the table and opens it to reveal the dough.

Pizza Man scrathes his head, closes the box, then

calmly turns the box over to reveal the Pizza and its toppings in all its Glory!!

Poor ol Malcolm.

DM-ICE wrote: »
    So I heard a story today, probably comes across better in speech than in text. This is supposed to have happened a fella in Tullamore. I'll call him Malcolm

Malcolm was out for a few pints and on the way home decided to buy a pizza, ordered the special.

Happy with himself Mal walked on home with his Pizza tucked under his arm. Ten Mins later Mal got home and placed his Pizza on the table, Opens the box only to be Greeted with Dry dough.

Not Impressed Mal heads back to the Pizza place.

"Ah Fuuk sake M-M-Mario messed up my Order - I asked for a P-P-Pizza not an apple tart".

Slaps Pizza Box up on the table and opens it to reveal the dough.

Pizza Man scrathes his head, closes the box, then

calmly turns the box over to reveal the Pizza and its toppings in all its Glory!!

Poor ol Malcolm.

Only in Offaly bai.:pac:

Mrs. Punked has been on about that place so much and from what i see i think i will like :D

Staying with some of her family over there so travelling to different places could be limited (it'll probably be a case of "if theres a lift, we'll go").

Any other spots worth mentioning?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Painkillers + alcomohol = ourravit

Painkillers + alcomohol = ourravit

Hahaha!

Ni hiccing for me tonight, I'm currently sat in the post-grad reading room in Trinity, spending the night here to get assignments in for tomorrow, damned deferred deadlines seemed so far away when they were given, sigh

orestes wrote: »
    Hahaha!

Ni hiccing for me tonight, I'm currently sat in the post-grad reading room in Trinity, spending the night here to get assignments in for tomorrow, damned deferred deadlines seemed so far away when they were given, sigh

Shouldnt have said that...

Your going to see a guy in a trench coat now with dark glasses, hiding his face with the dandy (is that still going? if not ill get the Beano).

And looking for you. :P

• Advertisement

Shouldnt have said that...

Your going to see a guy in a trench coat now with dark glasses, hiding his face with the dandy (is that still going? if not ill get the Beano).

And looking for you. :P

You haven't met me, have you? I AM the guy in the trench-coat :cool:

You haven't met me, have you? I AM the guy in the trench-coat :cool:

My head is actually melting right now trying to figure that out...

"Marty, quick! Get to the time machine, we have to go BACK... TO... THE FUTURE!!!...

da dada da da da daaaaa, de dada da da da daaaaa, daaaaaaaahh!

Ok, after going through the information I have and investigating everything provided to me via pm by quite a few users, I have permenantly banned the user ShawnRaven from this forum. People who want to bully and abuse other users of this forum are not welcome here, the fact that the abuse was posted on another site is irrelevant in my mind, and I am making my decision based on my belief that people should not be able to piss on and bully/abuse people from a distance and not face any repercussion, it's cowardly and childish and I won't allow it on this forum as my duty as mod here is to this forum and it's users. If anyone, ShawnRaven or otherwise, has any issue with this decision please feel free to PM me or start a Help Desk thread.

This matter, and the incident that caused this situation (along with any discussion of a certain other wrestling forum) is not up for discussion on this forum again. It's over and dealt with, let it go and we can all get back to talking wrestling and having fun. I apologise to anybody who had their feeling hurt in this whole mess, with the single exception of ShawnRaven, who I do not feel I have any reason to apologise to at all.

Now that that's all addressed, let's move on and forget about the whole mess folks.

Cheers,

orestes

Soooooo...

I cracked a rib while at knockanstockan last weekend (it was shokin rockin) and now I can't/shouldn't go to Birmingham to watch a football match.

Whats the lesson here folks?

Cracking a rib is a great way of getting out of having to go to Birmingham.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

*hic*

Well it is thursday

Soooooo...

I cracked a rib while at knockanstockan last weekend (it was shokin rockin) and now I can't/shouldn't go to Birmingham to watch a football match.

Whats the lesson here folks?

Cracking a rib is a great way of getting out of having to go to Birmingham.

Ouch about the cracked rib, how the hell did you do that? Moshing a bit too hard?

I thought all that English ball kicking stuff was done for the summer, what's the game you were meant to go to?
    *hic*

Well it is thursday

Bah, jealous now :(

Wonder if it would be a bad idea to go find some wine and drink in the library while I write my essay? Hmmm.......

:P

As a by-product to this whole thing, does it mean we can mention
    Kane
    again?

Ouch about the cracked rib, how the hell did you do that? Moshing a bit too hard?
    I wasn't moshing at all. I was dancing and having a good time when someone else decided it would be a good idea to jump shoulder first into my chest.

However, me being the trooper that I am, I continued to have a good time for the rest of the weekend. Cus I'm that hard core, like.
    I thought all that English ball kicking stuff was done for the summer, what's the game you were meant to go to?
    Villa v Fiorentina

Yerra if I had a trip arranged I'd go unless the aul rib was killing me altogether.Although it IS only the Villa! ;)

• Advertisement

This afternoon is taking too long. But at leas the pay off wioll be good witha long weekend :)

Now if only the revenue make up their mind with what they are doing with CCFC Ill be alot happier.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement