Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,994 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

CMpunked wrote: »
    Anyone ever been to manchester?

Heading over to see the ladys family next week, kinda wanna go to old trafford and *ahem*coranation street set*cough*.

:o

Anyone ever been? Know how much it is and all that?

Manchester is quality. Far cheaper than any city here, especially Dublin. You'll have a good time. Make sure you go to the right Old Trafford too!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Make sure you go to the right Old Trafford too!

Back up there...
    Is that a football related joke?

Cos if so.. I dont get it :o

CMpunked wrote: »
    Back up there...
    Is that a football related joke?

Cos if so.. I dont get it :o

There is Manchester Uniteds football stadium: Old Trafford and then there's Lancashire County Cricket Club which is also called Old Trafford.

I imagine he might be disappointed if he ends up on a tour of the cricket grounds.

Good gig venue though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

4pm is the deadline for CCFC right gimmick? Jesus surely they won't close ye down, it would be a travesty in so many ways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

It dont look to good Flav, but we have gotten so many stays and adjournments at this stage I really do not know. I was confident all week, but not now.

If we get another stay, we will either get seen on Wednesday or in 6-10 weeks time.

• Advertisement

You better hope it's six to ten weeks because if it's Wednesday you're screwed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Who's getting screwed in the where with the what now? :confused:

Cork City FC, by themselves/The Revenue. Decision in the new few minutes as to whether the club survives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

I heard on Tipp.Fm (plug) that Cork City are due to play Celtic soon enough in a friendly, and the revenue from that would sort the financial situation out. Is that true or did tipp.fm get it wrong? ...... again

Right and wrong. The Celtic friendly will help the cause but not solve it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

gimmick wrote: »
    Cork City FC, by themselves/The Revenue. Decision in the new few minutes as to whether the club survives.

Ah balls, that ain't good. How bad is the debt?

€439k. Small enough in the greater scheme of things, but when our esteemed owner bounced a number of cheques on the revenue they are not going to show too much leniency.

€439,000 in unpaid PAYE/PRSI which the revenue is insisting it wants paid in full today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

RIP Bobby Robson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

gimmick wrote: »
    Right and wrong. The Celtic friendly will help the cause but not solve it.

I was thinking that alright. Any update?

JP Liz wrote: »
    RIP Bobby Robson

No way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

flahavaj wrote: »
    Yerra if I had a trip arranged I'd go unless the aul rib was killing me altogether.Although it IS only the Villa! ;)
    I agree that it IS only Villa, which is why i'm not going to risk injuring myself. Especially a Villa sans Gareth Barry. :p And following last nights, uh, experiment, I wont be drinking while on these painkillers, which is half the fun.

Gerard.C wrote: »
    I was thinking that alright. Any update?

Ya, we are not being wound up today. Details are very sketchy at the moment.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,700 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

flahavaj wrote: »
    Yerra if I had a trip arranged I'd go unless the aul rib was killing me altogether.Although it IS only the Villa! ;)

Jaysus bai I almost let that comment pass, for the Love of Paul McGrath (God) only Villa! sure i thought youd like The Villa after watching Ashley Young turn his hand at the auld Gaelic fusball the other day.

Jaysus bai I almost let that comment pass, for the Love of Paul McGrath (God) only Villa! sure i thought youd like The Villa after watching Ashley Young turn his hand at the auld Gaelic fusball the other day.

Haha. My ffriend has a brilliant story from when he was in Peru. thye were on the top of the Andes looking across a spectacular view when two Brits come along beside them, equally taken aback by the scenery. One of them in a Villa hat. As yer man passes, my friens lets a roar after him "SH*T ON THE VILLA!!!!"
    Said the look on yer mans's face was pricless. Climb 10,000 feet over 3-4 days, under severely difficult conditions miles from home to be abused avout Villa!!!!!

I actually don't mind Villa at all actually, some great Irish players over the years adn I admire O Neill as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭camero

i am all over mtv oxegen shows in the back of interviews and in the front at the killers the guy in the avater ray bans sunglasses and emo hair cut

camero wrote: »
    avater ray bans sunglasses and emo hair cut

Do you think if you hadda known you were gonna be on telly youd have put something half decent on?

:pac::pac::pac: waka waka waka!

Only jokin with ya kid, you dont look bad.

You's get much rain for it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭camero

yap but backstage for must off so lookey me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭ScumdogV2

2 weeks and I'm coming home! I cannot fuggin wait.:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Why no *hic*ing

Is everyone out and about tonight.

*HIC*

you make friends in life and they may come and go but yo'll never have a friend like the brother and i tell ye wan thin lads my brother is some man. 2 years younge r then me but some f*ckin buachaill

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

God that Seagal film RTE showed tonight was painful, I can't help myself though

Anyone tried those Cap'n Morgans and cola in a can yet?

EdK wrote: »
    God that Seagal film RTE showed tonight was painful, I can't help myself though

Anyone tried those Cap'n Morgans and cola in a can yet?

Cap'n Morgan on its own is lethal. i presume in a can only worse

• Registered Users Posts: 7,991 ✭✭✭DenMan

Right lads/ladies I need some help please.

Am going back to coll in Sept and as a result won't be able to see that much wrestling, eg weekly shows. I am going to go for the PPV's but am wondering are there any places out there that do a 5 min or so run through videos, eg youtube look back of the shows? I could read the results online but would like to actually see a snippet of the show(s).

Thanks for your help.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,700 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

DenMan wrote: »
    Right lads/ladies I need some help please.

Am going back to coll in Sept and as a result won't be able to see that much wrestling, eg weekly shows. I am going to go for the PPV's but am wondering are there any places out there that do a 5 min or so run through videos, eg youtube look back of the shows? I could read the results online but would like to actually see a snippet of the show(s).

Thanks for your help.

id suggest if your unsure about replying to this post then pm Denman your suggestions as you know linking to sources of streams etc could be a no-no here

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement