Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,070 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I've won tickets to the premiere of inglourious basterds!!! :D \o/

Is that the new Guy Ritchie film? Obviously it will be terrible. :o

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,701 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Is that the new Guy Ritchie film? Obviously it will be terrible. :o

hmmm (trying to work out are you serious)

tis the new Tarrantino film.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

and here was me thinking the MM hadnt been online for a few days, my fellow mod made quite the inflamatory comment in my welcome thread but instead of responding immeaditly i thought nah Flah, Ger and co will have more fun with that one but alas... maybe Mr Heffernam will step up to the plate

And my prophecies of the downfall of your little rag-tag band is already coming to fruition, not even willing to defend each other even with a mod signed up to their ranks, would be tragic if it weren't so funny :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,070 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

hmmm (trying to work out are you serious)

tis the new Tarrantino film.

Oh god thats even worse, everything he has done since Jackie Brown has been horrible. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Oh god thats even worse, everything he has done since Jackie Brown has been horrible. :(

well you have thaught it is a guy richie movie so everything you know about movies is wrong!! ;)

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

orestes wrote: »
    And my prophecies of the downfall of your little rag-tag band is already coming to fruition, not even willing to defend each other even with a mod signed up to their ranks, would be tragic if it weren't so funny :cool:

Don't mistake your "prophecies" with your wishful thinking. You're clearly on the defensive now, we have an element of official power now, not that we ever needed it. The Boys of the Old Brigade wern't always officially recognized by their peers, and they are looked back are heros of their time. In years to come, The Munster Mafia will be looked upon in the same light.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

By Jesus the pride was put back in Waterford hurling today.

flahavaj wrote: »

howd the GAA go today was in a bar trying to make myself feel better after a *hic* filled night and they were only showing Man utd vs Chelsea :rolleyes:

Gerard.C wrote: »
    Don't mistake your "prophecies" with your wishful thinking. You're clearly on the defensive now, we have an element of official power now, not that we ever needed it. The Boys of the Old Brigade wern't always officially recognized by their peers, and they are looked back are heros of their time. In years to come, The Munster Mafia will be looked upon in the same light.

Element of official power? One of your crew might have some fancy new tools but the real power is in knowing how to use them effectively ;)

Pride in Waterford? Does not compute :pac:
    howd the GAA go today was in a bar trying to make myself feel better after a *hic* filled night and they were only showing Man utd vs Chelsea :rolleyes:

Was watching the United/Chealsea game myself, great to have some real football back on the box :P

KK won by 6 points. Waterford hurled their hearts out and really put it up to them throughout, stayed in touch throughout. Gave away 2 stupid goals AGAIN, so frustrating to battle like they did and genuinely trouble KK only to rule it all with lapses in the FB line. KK are still awesome however , its scary how hard they themselves woprk and Shefflin is the greatest hurler ever to be honest, hes just so good ion every little thibg he does.

I'm happy we redeemed ourselves today. Waterford hurling is far from dead, no matter how often we're written off, we're always there at the business end of the championship.

On an unrelated topic I'm just back from a stag in Amsterdam, epic weekend. But the body is in rag order, I'm in tatters.:pac:

• Advertisement

KK won by 6 points. Waterford hurled their hearts out and really put it up to them throughout, stayed in touch throughout. Gave away 2 stupid goals AGAIN, so frustrating to battle like they did and genuinely trouble KK only to rule it all with lapses in the FB line. KK are still awesome however , its scary how hard they themselves woprk and Shefflin is the greatest hurler ever to be honest, hes just so good ion every little thibg he does.

I'm happy we redeemed ourselves today. Waterford hurling is far from dead, no matter how often we're written off, we're always there at the business end of the championship.

On an unrelated topic I'm just back from a stag in Amsterdam, epic weekend. But the body is in rag order, I'm in tatters.:pac:

aww hard luck man from reading your previous post I honestly thought youd beaten KK which woulda been quite the achievement but sure atleast like you say they really put it up to them.

Been there myself with the Dam thing the first few days afterwards you really dont wanna do a thing, your bed will be your best friend for a while methinks.
    Element of official power? One of your crew might have some fancy new tools but the real power is in knowing how to use them effectively ;)

I know you didnt want to give up the power you had as the essential sole moderator of the board but you need to realise your power and importance is diminishing young man, a new day is dawning that of the MM running wild (within BH moderated limits ;) ) all over the PW forum
    Pride in Waterford? Does not compute :pac:

tis not like Dublin, we do actually take pride in our land fella
    Was watching the United/Chealsea game myself, great to have some real football back on the box :P

I think ill leave this one to Flah who probably would have mor to say on what you consider "real football" than me

I haven't it in me in my present state of confusion to argue this one. Maybe tomorrow.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Nah, La Liga does not start for another few weeks Orestes

I know you didnt want to give up the power you had as the essential sole moderator of the board but you need to realise your power and importance is diminishing young man, a new day is dawning that of the MM running wild (within BH moderated limits ;) ) all over the PW forum

Pffft, the only reason the admins pushed for a Munster Mod was so that your lot can't start complaing about it not being fair cos I'm a mod when you are eventually, and inevitably, crushed. You're here as damage control junior, for now ;)
    I haven't it in me in my present state of confusion to argue this one. Maybe tomorrow.;)

Aye, you will need the extra time to try and build up a case alright :p
    gimmick wrote: »
    Nah, La Liga does not start for another few weeks Orestes

Nah, I prefer the premiership, continental football is too full of diving and not enough tackling, I prefer my football to be a bit more physical

haha, too much diving on the continent yet you watch the premiership which has such honesty as Gerrard, Andy Johnson, Drogba etc?

The Spanish league is so much more satisfying to watch. The technique is just awesome. I would far prefer watch Racing Santander Vs Tenerife over Wigan V Bolton any day.

Aye, you will need the extra time to sober up and get your mind straight again.

FYP. Considering how much beer I had this weekend, I think a

*HIC*

is entirely appropriate.:pac:

Oi, Cactus Col, you would want to amend your sig to "Co Champ" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

gimmick wrote: »
    Oi, Cactus Col, you would want to amend your sig to "Co Champ" :D

yeeeeeaaaaah ..... I kinda forget how to make changes to signatures .... :cool:

sure there's only one real champion anyway..

having a bit of a day off from my course, screwing about on the internet, tv on in the background, when i notice a cartoon on RTE.... My God I thought the people who made Kids cartoons back in the 80s were on a lot of drugs!

Harry and his bucket full of dinosaurs: In this episode, Harry went to Dino land where he is a cowboy and Sheriff of the land to rescue a load of floating rubber ducks from an Octopus for his mate the local Duck herder who just so happened to be a Hippo. This was after Harry earlier returned from planet Boing with his dino friends where he had been playing on a basketball court with a space hopper whom he had to save from floating of into space by learning how to do a special type of jump!... my brain hurts, I think im high just from looking at this :D:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

Ive had a day of playhouse disney with the nephew here.

My friends Tigger and Pooh and Jonny and the Sprites are great but the Imagionation Movers would want to go take a jump

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Guinness was the main part of my diet over the weekend,severy overdid it last night :D

Guinness was the main part of my diet over the weekend,severy overdid it last night :D

Tis all you need bai.:pac:

I had an awesome weekend actually. The missus was away so did not have to put on pants or anything. Did not go outside the front door, had all my booze bought and just lazed about. It was incredible. Tiring in its own way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,969 ✭✭✭Degag

having a bit of a day off from my course, screwing about on the internet, tv on in the background, when i notice a cartoon on RTE.... My God I thought the people who made Kids cartoons back in the 80s were on a lot of drugs!

Harry and his bucket full of dinosaurs: In this episode, Harry went to Dino land where he is a cowboy and Sheriff of the land to rescue a load of floating rubber ducks from an Octopus for his mate the local Duck herder who just so happened to be a Hippo. This was after Harry earlier returned from planet Boing with his dino friends where he had been playing on a basketball court with a space hopper whom he had to save from floating of into space by learning how to do a special type of jump!... my brain hurts, I think im high just from looking at this :D:o

Yeah, cartoons definately seemed better 10 or 15 years ago....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Im back :)

CMpunked wrote: »
    Im back :)

Where were you?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Where were you?

Merry old england. :)

Near manchester.

Have been awake since 2.30 this morning. stupid chineses food.

Ended up watching Sharon OSbourne's Charm School. (or Rock of Love: Charm School as it's called in america).

Even though I have a great dislike for Sharon Osbourne, MTV, and reality programs in general I watched the episode. Despite myself quite enjoyed it.

Cactus Col wrote: »
    Have been awake since 2.30 this morning. stupid chineses food.

Ended up watching Sharon OSbourne's Charm School. (or Rock of Love: Charm School as it's called in america).

Even though I have a great dislike for Sharon Osbourne, MTV, and reality programs in general I watched the episode. Despite myself quite enjoyed it.
    I too have the scuts.:(

• Advertisement

I almost wish it was the scuts ... at least then I could almost make a case for taking the day off work.

Just a bit of indigestion, followed by an over abundance of energy for me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement