Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

flahavaj wrote: »
    Apparently he drives a van for teh Tipp Co-Op and the lads back at base have to turn off the radio when hes working, they do be p*ssing themslelves at the carry on of him. :pac:

Haha I could only imagine! I'd say hes some character but at the same time I'd say he'd ****in wither you after a while. Have you watched that match in full? We used watch it in college the whole time, some buzz off it. in the first d'unbelieveables video, yourman Willy Ryan - "ye'll know all about it next year when yer playing under 14's!!" was based around auld Eddie

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Just heard they were bringing out a Cars 2 and a Toy Story 3!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

:D:D:D:D:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,701 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

CMpunked wrote: »
    Just heard they were bringing out a Cars 2 and a Toy Story 3!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

:D:D:D:D:D

Actually didnt know about Cars 2 but Toy Story 3 has been in the works for years and is something im quite happy with as despite them being both kids films the Toy Stories imo are pure quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Actually didnt know about Cars 2 but Toy Story 3 has been in the works for years and is something im quite happy with as despite them being both kids films the Toy Stories imo are pure quality.

both toy story movies are great, second one was even better than the first and thats rare you can say that about a movie

I'm really really into Pixar animation.

Done multimedia in college and gained soooo much respect for them.

Also love John Lasiters story.

He basically had a job with Disney, tried fighting for them to start 3D animation, told them that it was the future (back in the early 80s), they thought he was nuts and kinda power hungry.

So they Fired him!

He went about looking for funding to set up a company (pixar) and george lucas and steve jobs funded him.
    Apple gave him the tools and Lucasarts gave him the moneys.

Few years on and they do commercials, nothing big, then sesame street called and wanted a few shorts.

And the Pixar lamp was born, you know, the lamp and the little lamp?

Disney cell animation started to flop and they reconsidered Pixar, told them if they could make a success of Toy Story they could stay.

And the rest is history.

But now John Lasiter is practically head over production.

In other words if he wants to put a movie through, he doesnt need to go and ask anyone.

Great feel good motivational story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,070 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Wow bolt is immense another world record!:cool:
    _46215340_boltnewcredit.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Wow bolt is immense another world record!:cool:
    _46215340_boltnewcredit.jpg

UNREAl isn't he? A privilege to watch.

Some win for Tipp today as well. Limerick pathetic. Unfprtunately Tipp learn nothing from that match, a good hard tight game would have brought them on much more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Good sweet fecking blathering jebus, golf is boring as hell, do people really enjoy watching this stuff?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

orestes wrote: »
    Good sweet fecking blathering jebus, golf is boring as hell, do people really enjoy watching this stuff?!

I love the last day of majors. Pitty about Padraig.

I've overdosed on sport today.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,070 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Yeah its a very fun time for sports fans right now. You have the return of English football, The ashes fifth test in a few days and the Gaa football semi finals are coming up, and their is some quality Tennis masters tournaments on. :)

• Advertisement

I love the last day of majors. Pitty about Padraig.

I've overdosed on sport today.

I gotta admit, seeing an asian and a black guy fighting it out for the win in a major golf tournament gave me a chuckle since 50 years ago neither probably would have even been allowed on the course :D
    Rjd2 wrote: »
    Yeah its a very fun time for sports fans right now. You have the return of English football, The ashes fifth test in a few days and the Gaa football semi finals are coming up, and their is some quality Tennis masters tournaments on. :)

The ashes is the only thing that I'm intersted out of all of that (not big on sports really, and even wrestling is a bit of a gray area :pac:) looks like the Aussies might just be able to pull it off after the horror of the first tests though

The ashes is the only thing that I'm intersted out of all of that (not big on sports really, and even wrestling is a bit of a gray area :pac:) looks like the Aussies might just be able to pull it off after the horror of the first tests though

Crickets not a sport its a load of... (the rest of this messgae has been censored by BH who has strong views about how much Cricket sucks)

2 more posts Mr O ;) cmon make it an epic fail.

hang about i should be asleep now...

Crickets not a sport its a load of... (the rest of this messgae has been censored by BH who has strong views about how much Cricket sucks)

2 more posts Mr O ;) cmon make it an epic fail.

hang about i should be asleep now...

Cricket is awesome and anyone who disagrees should be introduced to the pointy end of a stump :)

Hmmm, only 1 post to go before I officially have no life, maybe I should just log out now, never come back and leave it all in suspense, so close and yet never finished, the idea does have a certain appeal to me.....

Cricket is awesome and anyone who disagrees should be introduced to the pointy end of a stump :)

Hmmm, only 1 post to go before I officially have no life, maybe I should just log out now, never come back and leave it all in suspense, so close and yet never finished, the idea does have a certain appeal to me.....

... and to everyone else on boards :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I need a new laptop. I do not know the tricks of finding cheap good ones. Point me in the right direction anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

http://www.laptopsdirect.ie/

or this German one which I found worked out cheaper.

http://www2.hardwareversand.de/home.jsp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Just want to register my delight at liverpool fc losing yesterday.

They were woeful.

Just woeful.

**Hic**

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

This must be the longest time this thread has been inactive since the last one was closed for whatever reason.

Anyway, a question to the mods - why is there no talk of streams allowed on this forum, but it is acceptbale in the soccer forum?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

new X factor is crap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

JP Liz wrote: »
    new X factor is crap

No change there then.

No change there then.

Thought your man at the end was pretty good though ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

JP Liz wrote: »
    new X factor is crap
    Bull****. The live audience really adds to the embarrassment of seeing the ****ty scummers who think they are any good. Simon is great already this year and Cheryl is hot. The guy at the end was awesome though. He has to be a a favorite already.

It will be better than last year.

Not a fan of the live audience ... seems like an attempt to mimic Britian's Got Talent in hope of creating a Susan Boyle moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

That's very true but it will pay off because X-Factor do a lot of research into auditionee's background in music and when they get terrible acts the crowd can just laugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

X factor is great either way, Also I've given up sleeping :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I'm having a Bret Hart "Should I stay with the WWF or join WCW?" moment on a much much smaller scale.

Do I stay with the school/class I like that will probably/will leave me jobless by January or do I go with a class that appeals to me alot less (but at the same time is less work) but offers me employment for the year?

It really is a no brainer in that I should take the job that offers more but for whatever reason it isn't.

Any random advice welcomed.

Stay with the school/class you like. Short term you might be out of work for a while. In the long run you'll probably be much happier that you did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Vince135792003 screwed Vince135792003.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

Any random advice welcomed.

Along with your human rights come your personal rights. And responsibilities. You can assert these to anybody, but start with yourself.

If you have a lot of tension and you get a headache, do what it says on the aspirin bottle: Take two aspirin and keep away from children.

Politics is such a torment that I advise everyone I love not to mix with it.

Take yourself out to dinner

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement