Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Wash behind your ears.

Don't talk to strangers.

Never write off George Foreman.

Never ever drink and drive.

Don't drink 12 cans of Pear Bulmers and expect to do anything but sit on the Jacks the entire next day.

Use sunscreen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

Don't be actin the clown in the new Irish promotions sticky

Leave your belly button alone

Everything on trade tang is fake

Don't open attachments from strangers.

flahavaj wrote: »

Don't drink 12 cans of Pear Bulmers and expect to do anything but sit on the Jacks the entire next day.

QFT

Not me though I don't poo

Or sleep by the looks of it!

Gave it up, bad for you, more productive this way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

pingu_girl wrote: »
    Along with your human rights come your personal rights. And responsibilities. You can assert these to anybody, but start with yourself.

If you have a lot of tension and you get a headache, do what it says on the aspirin bottle: Take two aspirin and keep away from children.

Politics is such a torment that I advise everyone I love not to mix with it.

Take yourself out to dinner

I did 1 of those 4.

*hic*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

*hic*

Bloody hell you've started early!

Or are finishing late :D

8pm yesterday VERY BAD woke up in the middle of the countryside with dogs lickin my face

• Registered Users Posts: 12,070 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I'm having a Bret Hart "Should I stay with the WWF or join WCW?" moment on a much much smaller scale.

Do I stay with the school/class I like that will probably/will leave me jobless by January or do I go with a class that appeals to me alot less (but at the same time is less work) but offers me employment for the year?

It really is a no brainer in that I should take the job that offers more but for whatever reason it isn't.

Any random advice welcomed.

Money is king.
    Take the job which pays more and offers the security. It’s a no brainer really and you will regret if you don’t and are unemployed struggling to pay the bills next year.
    Its a no brainer really. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Money is king.
    Take the job which pays more and offers the security. It’s a no brainer really and you will regret if you don’t and are unemployed struggling to pay the bills next year.
    Its a no brainer really. :)

Happiness is king for many though. If you were unhappy in a well paid job, would you put up with it for the sake of the extra few pound? I'd nearly always say go with the job that provides happiness rather than wealth.

It's too much of a personal issue really, as each case is unique. You can't really give a right or wrong answer.

*hic*

I would just like to point out that this was posted at 19:16. A truely Irish post in every sense. Máith thu, a Phingu

8pm yesterday VERY BAD woke up in the middle of the countryside with dogs lickin my face

Forum legend.

Gerard.C wrote: »
    I would just like to point out that this was posted at 19:16. A truely Irish post in every sense. Máith thu, a Phingu

You even added the gramatically correct "h" in keeping with the tuisil ginideach. Jesus I love you.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

What up peeps! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,070 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Gerard.C wrote: »
    Happiness is king for many though. If you were unhappy in a well paid job, would you put up with it for the sake of the extra few pound? I'd nearly always say go with the job that provides happiness rather than wealth.

It's too much of a personal issue really, as each case is unique. You can't really give a right or wrong answer.

Fair point but if Vince was to take the job he loves that will end soon he has to think can he get another once that ends?
    I don’t know the chap myself so if he has others to consider the safe job may be the best in the long run.
    He should take the safe job and even if he hates it he should be applying for jobs he may prefer in his free time.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

CMpunked wrote: »
    What up peeps! :D

G'day

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

As much as I would have loved to take the job up until Christmas, I went for the 1 that offers more security, even though it means moving to a new school and to a new job that doesn't instantly motivate me.

The security of the year long contract at a time when alot of primary teachers don't even have jobs was something I just couldn't turn down.

I feel kinda sad about the whole thing though because I really put all my effort and energy into my old school and wish things could have been different. Welcome to the real world I guess.

Somebody please put a bullet in me

My friend Paddy was made to a level 3 teaching course a few hours a week while he was on the dole there earlyer on in the year.

He just got his certificate in the post anybody know if its worth anything before he goes and makes a mess of the yoke using it a rolling mat.

• Advertisement

My friend Paddy was made to a level 3 teaching course a few hours a week while he was on the dole there earlyer on in the year.

He just got his certificate in the post anybody know if its worth anything before he goes and makes a mess of the yoke using it a rolling mat.

Not worth a sh*te girl AFAIK. I know a few people who got those level 3 certs, as far as I know not one of them was ever able to put it to any worthwhile use. Luckily they got them with little or no effort on their part. Tesco own-brand bog roll would be more useful and probably more comfy on the ass as well tbh.:(

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

As much as I would have loved to take the job up until Christmas, I went for the 1 that offers more security, even though it means moving to a new school and to a new job that doesn't instantly motivate me.

The security of the year long contract at a time when alot of primary teachers don't even have jobs was something I just couldn't turn down.

I feel kinda sad about the whole thing though because I really put all my effort and energy into my old school and wish things could have been different. Welcome to the real world I guess.

Good man yourself. T'was a tough choice to make especially in these times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I tried to post a *hic* last night, but was unable. True story. I am off back to bed, maybe make a pass at the missus and see where that gets me. If I have the energy.

that is all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭ScumdogV2

*hic*

And I'm well aware it's ten to three in the afternoon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Orestes is no longer a mod? :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,701 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

WTF!

off to investigate

Be Gob you're right, no bold letters and no name at the bottom of the screen? Whats the story I wonder?

flahavaj wrote: »
    Be Gob you're right, no bold letters and no name at the bottom of the screen? Whats the story I wonder?

DIAD, drank so much he drowned horrible horrible mess

RIP Orestes, leave the memories alone

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,701 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I can confirm that Orestes is no longer PW Mod (but who knows he could return...he did before). His departure was not pre-planned and therefore nor was it expected. Orestes has however suggested he may still be about as an occasional poster so will hopefully return to say his farewells as a mod and perhaps fill you in better than I can atm.

This was his 2nd stint as mod and despite ruling with an Iron fist at times he was always fair and consistant imo and the relative harmony and lack of trouble on this board in recent time is a reflection of this imo so id like to be the first to say thank you to him for all the time and work he put into it.

and no his departure does not mean therer is a mod place up for grabs that you should all be asking for, if a new mod is to be appointed you will be asked, you dont ask

• Advertisement

I stepped down as mod about 4 weeks ago and I'm still not "unbolded".

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement