Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

It should really hit home when your son starts sneering at you for liking it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

gimmick wrote: »
    It should really hit home when your son starts sneering at you for liking it :)

(Editing because i just realising i'm talking about PW on the off topic thread, sorry)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

D-FENS wrote: »
    (Editing because i just realising i'm talking about PW on the off topic thread, sorry)

Yeah , get back on topic :p I love Falling Down, isn't it a great flick ?

Who here has a moustache/beard/goatee ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

I look silly when I try growing one. When I was younger, whenever I fell I would never bother to put my hands up to stop me falling so always landed on my chin (at least I've been told) so I have alot of scar tissue there and no hair will grow at the point of my chin, looks like I purposely shave it like that.

I'm 23, no mortgage or kids. Just travel to alot of places, might have kids I don't know about though...:(

Film's very good, but tbh i picked the name more for the character than the whole film, i've often felt like abandoning my car on the M50 and going about my day the way he does! Plus my real name starts with D also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,104 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

What age is rovert? I turned 25 not to long ago as well I feel to old to like wrestling :D

Rjd2 wrote: »
    What age is rovert? I turned 25 not to long ago as well I feel to old to like wrestling :D

Dunno, think he might be early 20s. Pop him a message and ask him ;)

What are yis plans for the weekend lads ? I'm staying in with my gf, drinking wine and watching telly and/or crap movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,104 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

What are yis plans for the weekend lads ? I'm staying in with my gf, drinking wine and watching telly and/or crap movies.

Working and have a 2500 word essay due for monday morning:mad::mad:
    I might be on the red bull later:o

Going to take it easy this weekend again . Saving the bucks for my mortgage .

I have to go talk crap at a Port Of Cork function this evening. Free bar so that makes it ok. Putting up the xmas tree tomorrow, then GoDeep tomorrow night after watching Barcelona Vs Valencia. Busy busy.
    Going to take it easy this weekend again . Saving the bucks for my mortgage .

NEVER let that be an excuse to not go out. Never allow your mortgage dictate your behaviour. You cannot allow yourself become a slave to it.

I stopped at about 18 because it always looks too pubic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

I'm 33 in July, married a year, mortage the last two years, a ten year old son and a 5 month old daughter

33 in January! ;)

I wore a chin goatee for most of this year, i got sick of it and shaved it off as it ages me something horrible. Some people can get away with it for a distinctive look, but it just adds about another few years on to me.

was 30 two weeks ago . I actually organised my 21st on boards too ........

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=12739&highlight=birthday

The only thing i know is he has a business degree a while (he's mentioned that before i think), so if he's graduated college a few years, that would make him mid to late 20s.

Staying in tonight, DVD, a chinese and a nice bottle of white for here while i lay into the bottle of JD and Coke. Tomorrow i'm off marching with a bunch of teachers (not one myself but i do think our education system shouldn't be joked with) and then getting last minute christmas bits and bobs. And on Sunday we might either do the cinema or a meal. Depending on what the mood takes us. :)

was 30 two weeks ago . I actually organised my 21st on boards too ........

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=12739&highlight=birthday

Oliver Goldsmiths! Jesus, i remember that place! That's CitiBar now for all you younguns out there. Best place in town to do the Lawler and score with first year college girls! ;)

Anyone know if the Welcom Inn is still in Parnell St.? Absolute kip, but great for an underage beverage, i got served in there when i was 15 :pac:

Anyone know if the Welcom Inn is still in Parnell St.? Absolute kip, but great for an underage beverage, i got served in there when i was 15 :pac:

I think it's still there but under a different name. My old bus used to pass by it.

Looking to rekindle some underage memories ? ;)

Looking to rekindle some underage memories ? ;)

Popping my head in to get my kid outta there in a few years more like!

The shark on a leash! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

What is it with people hating beer but liking cider. Thats ****ed up IMO

Tastes man. Some of my buddies prefer beer, but drink cider as they get less of a hangover from Cider. I actually cannot drink a single cider without feeling ill, and I actually love the stuff.

Also some people go out and drink with the sole intention of getting pissed. Not exactly my idea of a good time, but some people find it easier to get drunk on cider easier than they do on beer. I know i used to. I used to drink the stuff in my late teens, wouldn't be able to stomach it now. Can barely stomach beer anymore.

Used to be a baileys man, and it's great if you want a hand in bulking up, but i stopped cos i piled it on, so after i cut weight, I went on to Jack and Coke. It's now my preferred drink of choice, it gets ya drunk, and has caffeine in it so it can keep ya going for the night. The perfect party drink. Just make sure you have a fat wallet, because at €7.25 a pop, it ain't the cheapest of drinks. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Also some people go out and drink with the sole intention of getting pissed. Not exactly my idea of a good time, but some people find it easier to get drunk on cider easier than they do on beer. I know i used to. I used to drink the stuff in my late teens, wouldn't be able to stomach it now. Can barely stomach beer anymore.

Used to be a baileys man, and it's great if you want a hand in bulking up, but i stopped cos i piled it on, so after i cut weight, I went on to Jack and Coke. It's now my preferred drink of choice, it gets ya drunk, and has caffeine in it so it can keep ya going for the night. The perfect party drink. Just make sure you have a fat wallet, because at €7.25 a pop, it ain't the cheapest of drinks. :D

Wahey a fellow J&C man, havent drank anything else since my early 20's, will have the occassional bottle of Miller if its a quiet or cheap night out, cant stand Bud, its piss that teenagers drink since they dont know any better, there's another advantage to drinking JD as its so expensive people tend to be less enthused to buying rounds, not a fan of them myself I prefer to drink on my own terms, not being a tightarse have no problem buying people drinks but prefer to drink at my own pace

krudler wrote: »
    I prefer to drink on my own terms, not being a tightarse have no problem buying people drinks but prefer to drink at my own pace

Same here, some days i can clang down a JD, some days it will last me an hour. Smart drinking comes with age and experience. :)

Indeed,my missus is a few years younger than me and has yet to realise that shots of various things+vodka+not eating anything or drinking water before sleep= massive hangover, I always drink 2 pints of water with Berocca in them before sleeping after a night out, is a great hangover cure

ShawnRaven wrote: »

+1 for the Baileys, wouldn't be mad for having a night out on it but it's could for settling yr stomach.

I wouldn't be a fan of Jack Daniels. Jameson or Powers for me.

krudler wrote: »
    Indeed,my missus is a few years younger than me and has yet to realise that shots of various things+vodka+not eating anything or drinking water before sleep= massive hangover, I always drink 2 pints of water with Berocca in them before sleeping after a night out, is a great hangover cure

My fiance is five years younger than me and we're with each other six years now, she's learned the hard way not to mix drinks, especially since i stopped volunteering to hold her hair out of the toilet bowl! :D

Yeah i guzzle down two pints of Water before sleeping after a session too, i wake up as bright as a button nine times out of ten while herself is still dying. :D

I've never really understood the drink until you're wrecked mentality tbh, I'm all for having a few drinks and getting socially lubricated to the point where a good night turns into a great one, but I know my limit, I cant see how drinking so much you act like a tool, puke, annoy everyone and cant remember the night you probably spent a fortune on is a good way to spend a weekend, did it plenty in my teenage years but once you realise that you can have a great night out without getting completely out of your box drunk, dont mind having a few shots but I'd always keep it the same drink, although I am looking forward to our work xmas night out, cocktails all round, Long Island iced teas ftw!

• Advertisement

+1 for the Baileys, wouldn't be mad for having a night out on it but it's could for settling yr stomach.

It's a great drink to use to feel good without getting floored.
    I wouldn't be a fan of Jack Daniels. Jameson or Powers for me.

I f*cking HATE Irish Whiskey, it's vile!
    Funny story about Powers, which put me off it for life.

New Years night 1997, and my girlfriend at the time wasn't well, so i dropped her home, came back with all intentions of getting the last bus. Walking up Marlborough St and i run into an old acquaintance (we hadn't seen each other in the guts of a year, and he actually saw me as he was taking a leak), he suggests going to Fibbers, now i'm flat broke, but he got made redundant and was going on a pissup spree so it was his night. So i tagged along, i'd f*ck all else to do.

So the hours pass, and we're both tanked, drinking, moshing, general craic. And before we know it it's 2.30am and the shutters are closing. My mate is being a bit overbearing and is trying it on with this girl who clearly isn't interested, and her male mate is eyeballing him bigtime. And then he sees me. I'm thinking "oh crap, i'm too drunk to be scrapping!", and he says "You! Motherfu*cker, I was moshing with you earlier, did a good job holding yerself there, what you up to?" I told him i was gonna head on and he says "Well look, i'm throwing a late christmas bash in mine, you guys coming along?", so i said "f*ck it, free booze!"

We get there, and he raids his parents liquor cabinet and gives us all a bottle of powers each! Happy day's i'm thinking. Now i hadn't a clue how to drink Whiskey then, i was about to turn 21! I was a beer man and a beer man. So i crack open the bottle, and being the thirsty bastard i was, downed about 2/3 of the bottle in about 20 seconds. 5 Minutes later it f*cking hits me like a truck. I'm feeling VERY ropey. I need air, and my mate has the munchies, we stop off at some corner to take a leak first and i turn around after i'm finished and WHACK!

I wake up a few minutes later to him screaming, c'mon, shop is this way! (we were going to some 24 hour shop in Rathgar i think. But i'd turned the wrong way and walked head first into a lamp post. I lost my mate (who had my bloody jacket and it was a very icy January morning), and somehow found my way back to the house. Within minutes i had legged it up the stairs to find the jax cos i needed to puke, only there were two people in there shagging their brains out. I literally screamed "get the **** out of the jax, i've downed most of the bottle of powers and gonna puke it up on the hall floor!", I've never seen a door open so fast and people exit a room so quickly in my life.

I puked again about 10 mins alter on the floor under the couch i had crashed on, but cos the owner saw me puking in the jax,i was able to pin the blame on some girl who was sleeping in that room too.

8am in the morning, i throw on my hoody and casually walk out the door.
    Fun times, but i haven't gone near an Irish Whiskey ever since.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement