Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,701 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Gerard.C wrote: »
    No, to be honest with you I just couldn't be bothered rooting through the last few pages to find Flahavaj's last post about an All-Ireland ticket! I'm sick to death of this computer, I got a new ipod the other day and have to put every album I have onto it again. My heart is broke from it. The head is fried. Any scandal to ammuse me no?

scandal, scandal ummm no sorry but the Wire is on FX if youve got it and thats all kinds of awesomeness, umm The first ep of the cleveland show can be found if youve american cousins (if that would interest you), but im all out of scandal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

did you press the quick reply button there and it quoted the last message for some reason when it was used? the last thing you quoted had nothing to do with tickets and ive noticed that boards now annoyingly does that to me

Are you sure you're not just hitting quote instead of reply cos of the new edit button on all posts cos of your mod upgrade? Used to happen to me a lot, then I got used to it, and now I'm having the exact opposite problem since I stepped down :o

orestes wrote: »
    Are you sure you're not just hitting quote instead of reply cos of the new edit button on all posts cos of your mod upgrade? Used to happen to me a lot, then I got used to it, and now I'm having the exact opposite problem since I stepped down :o

nope just hit the quick reply button to your post and look there you are up above these words.

you watching wuh wuh wee tonight ala hiccing material?

I'm quick replying to your above post to test this man, experiment time.

Aye, shall be in the Raw thread in a bit, just getting a few beers in right now to brace myself

I'm quick replying to your above post to test this man, experiment time.

Aye, shall be in the Raw thread in a bit, just getting a few beers in right now to brace myself

on the whiskey myself plus that bard fella is at the public house so atleast if the show sucks the Raw thread should be somewhat entertaining.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Why'd you quit college orestes, if thats not too personal a question (If it is tell me I'm a noesy c*nt) ? Just get sick of it?

flahavaj wrote: »
    Why'd you quit college orestes, if thats not too personal a question (If it is tell me I'm a noesy c*nt) ? Just get sick of it?

Course wasn't for me pretty much, it was a post-grad so the only thing I would have been able to do was use it to persue an academic career and I really don't want to go down that road so figured it was best to just get out now instead of wasting a tonne of cash and a year on something I have no interest in persuing, pretty much

Course wasn't for me pretty much, it was a post-grad so the only thing I would have been able to do was use it to persue an academic career and I really don't want to go down that road so figured it was best to just get out now instead of wasting a tonne of cash and a year on something I have no interest in persuing, pretty much

Sounds like a good reason to me. Best of luck with whatever you decide to do now anyway.

You're still a Leinster Ladyboy though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I am off work for 10 whole days. Woohoooooooo

gimmick wrote: »
    I am off work for 10 whole days. Woohoooooooo
    Bastardo.

I'm Best man at a mates wedding tomorrow. The reality of speaking in front of a crowded room and trying to be funny is slowly dawning on me.
    :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

They laugh no matter how poor the joke in fairness. A daunting prospect all the same. Best of luck with it.

• Subscribers Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Brolly

Background to the below video: Jackson's Hotel is in Ballybofey, Co. Donegal. The Rossgier Bar is in Lifford about 15 miles from Jackson's Hotel. Its one funny recording...

Anyone here ever travel around Asia? I know most would never get this far but I was just asked to interview for a job in Taiwan! but i gotta say im kinda interested

been on Wiki & other places checking it out all morning, seems nice enough tbh, all the best bits about China without the communism and such strict laws etc (so Internet & boards etc should be ok if I was to go for it) from what i can see, but then again im mostly reading promotional stuff about the place and that is usually all positive anyway.

Anyone here ever travel around Asia? I know most would never get this far but I was just asked to interview for a job in Taiwan! but i gotta say im kinda interested

been on Wiki & other places checking it out all morning, seems nice enough tbh, all the best bits about China without the communism and such strict laws etc (so Internet & boards etc should be ok if I was to go for it) from what i can see, but then again im mostly reading promotional stuff about the place and that is usually all positive anyway.

Wow, sounds like something you can't refuse...quite a bit away I suppose, but what an experience, even if you only stayed for a few years! You might get some more info here! Keep us posted on your decision...

Brolly wrote: »
    Wow, sounds like something you can't refuse...quite a bit away I suppose, but what an experience, even if you only stayed for a few years! You might get some more info here! Keep us posted on your decision...

cheers brolly man that looks like a nice lil resource, havent been offered the job or anything just asked for references and to interview for a position but yep would be quiete an experience.

cheers brolly man that looks like a nice lil resource, havent been offered the job or anything just asked for references and to interview for a position but yep would be quiete an experience.

Best of luck with it all anyway man...if I was offered a good job there, I'd be away in a flash even if only for a few years!:pac:

Brolly wrote: »
    Best of luck with it all anyway man...if I was offered a good job there, I'd be away in a flash even if only for a few years!:pac:

well id say itd only be for a few years anyway then hopefully when i return our economy will be out of the crapper and there will be more jobs here, but who knows... and yeah if I get offered it and the place/job doesent seem dodgy I will be mighty mighty tempted to move. I've a cousin moving to Japan and a brother in Australia atm so itd not be too nuts for my family either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Any chance of a bit of help if anyone can here lads? Sound

I got a new ipod there a while ago, and am half way through putting all my cds back onto it. I'm using itunes on my home pc cos we don't have wireless and i couldn't be bothered installing the internet on my laptop. But, my home pc is crap and slow and nearly full, and I've just been informed that my itunes cant hold anymore cds. But when I delete albums from the itunes library, they're also deleted off the ipod. Does this mean that I can only use this pc for my itunes, or if i plug my ipod into the laptop when I'm back in college will it wipe the memory? Any help would be appreciated

I got a new ipod there a while ago, and am half way through putting all my cds back onto it. I'm using itunes on my home pc cos we don't have wireless and i couldn't be bothered installing the internet on my laptop. But, my home pc is crap and slow and nearly full, and I've just been informed that my itunes cant hold anymore cds. But when I delete albums from the itunes library, they're also deleted off the ipod. Does this mean that I can only use this pc for my itunes, or if i plug my ipod into the laptop when I'm back in college will it wipe the memory? Any help would be appreciated

you have to set it not to synchronise I cant recall how you do this but ive been told that on some newer versions this isnt a problem.

I think I know how to.... If I do that, how do I put songs onto it then? If I import them, will it just import the songs that aren't already on it and it wont delete anything?

• Advertisement

I think I know how to.... If I do that, how do I put songs onto it then? If I import them, will it just import the songs that aren't already on it and it wont delete anything?

afaik (someone else will prob know better) you do just import them manually so you pick what you want, as apposed to synchronising which just auto takes em all. My advice is all vague though as I havent used my iPod in several months as i no longer have the lead to plug it into my computer and thus charge it.

i cant figure out how to stop the syncing, at least i know it can be done anyway, surely to god someone on here knows. thanks a million though!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

connect your ipod to the computer with your songs on it atm, click into the ipod itself and select the box saying "manually update songs to library" then you can sync it to any computer and grab songs of any itunes!

connect your ipod to the computer with your songs on it atm, click into the ipod itself and select the box saying "manually update songs to library" then you can sync it to any computer and grab songs of any itunes!

How do i put songs onto it then? And should it still say "synching ipod" when I first plug it in?

Sound out for the reply too

How do i put songs onto it then? And should it still say "synching ipod" when I first plug it in?

Sound out for the reply too

yeah, as long as it is set to manual it cant put songs on it, even if it synchs.... and to put songs on it just go into the library select the songs you want and click and drag over to where it says "your ipod" on the left hand side.

yeah, as long as it is set to manual it cant put songs on it, even if it synchs.... and to put songs on it just go into the library select the songs you want and click and drag over to where it says "your ipod" on the left hand side.

You're now my favourite person in the world, just so you know. Thanks a million.

Oh, and Tipp were robbed.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭robert18

hello bought 4 tickets for my son and his friends for this in the o2 but cannot go now ,the 4 tickets cost 154 euro Im thinking of selling at face value or below pm if you have info on how i should proceed with such an act ;)

Oh, and Tipp were robbed.
    They were in all fairness. Raped by the ref.

Poisoned so I am still after the weekend, gonna sweat it out later at soccer i'd say.

You're now my favourite person in the world, just so you know. Thanks a million..

no worries man! *takes a bow*
    robert18 wrote: »
    hello bought 4 tickets for my son and his friends for this in the o2 but cannot go now ,the 4 tickets cost 154 euro Im thinking of selling at face value or below pm if you have info on how i should proceed with such an act ;)

your best bet may be to try www.adverts.ie probably have a better chance of sellin them there!

• Advertisement

your best bet may be to try www.adverts.ie probably have a better chance of sellin them there!

thanks man was going to direct him that way myself also but had to go for a feeding immediatley after moving him thread

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement