Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

EdK wrote: »
    Irish Olympic boxer Darren Sutherland was found dead, whoa

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/14092009/58/irish-boxer-sutherland-found-dead.html

Absolutely shocking. RIP.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/14092009/58/irish-boxer-sutherland-found-dead.html

From the little I know, it's really shocking. He came across as very bubbly and charismatic outwardly. RIP.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,702 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

gimmick wrote: »
    So, I get back to work today after an fairly great week off to find someone has been given their redundancy notice. ****ing charming. On the plus side I am glad its not me. The tension is incredible though as the person is serving out the notice rather than taking the option of finishing there and then. This is the first time I have worked in a place where such has happened and I'll tell you, it sucks bad.

jaysus thats no good

Double Jaysus, thats even worse. RIP

on some better news, I had an interview this morning and it went well :) should know within a week if ive got it.

been curious for a while DM-ICE if you dont mind me asking, what are you doing in Iceland? or are you from there?

been curious for a while DM-ICE if you dont mind me asking, what are you doing in Iceland? or are you from there?

He went there with Mum.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

on some better news, I had an interview this morning and it went well :) should know within a week if ive got it.

Well done, always nice to leave an an interview without regrets and I am assuming thats the case since it went well.

Don't believe everything you read on the Internet:pac:. Ísland er ekki heimili mitt (Iceland is not my home). I just filled in IceLand when I was doing the profile to match my username.

I'm from and in Offaly!
    flahavaj wrote: »
    He went there with Mum.

SHe does love Iceland!

• Advertisement

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Well done, always nice to leave an an interview without regrets and I am assuming thats the case since it went well.

Yep thats the case although there are only possibly 2 positions available aand the 1 definite is not where i want to work so despite being somewhat confident about it atm im not sure wether ill be offered something I want (if i get offered anything at all).

Don't believe everything you read on the Internet:pac:. Ísland er ekki heimili mitt (Iceland is not my home). I just filled in IceLand when I was doing the profile to match my username.

I'm from and in Offaly!

ha im imagining you with a really thick offally accent but pulling out the auld im an Icelandic tourist bit and your foreign tongue when out on the pull for the laydees :p

lil *hic*

I'm from and in Offaly!

Jesus, Iceland is less barren and desolate.:pac:

Yep thats the case although there are only possibly 2 positions available aand the 1 definite is not where i want to work so despite being somewhat confident about it atm im not sure wether ill be offered something I want (if i get offered anything at all).

Well I hope its a dilemma you get the chance to consider.

ha im imagining you with a really thick offally accent but pulling out the auld im an Icelandic tourist bit and your foreign tongue when out on the pull for the laydees :p
    lil *hic*

I used to work in Dublin so it mellowed out and people never used to know where I was from, but now i'm working and living in Offaly so the Biffo accent is in full swing these days.

Out on the pull? Those days are long gone. I'm on the road to Rome next april to get married.
    Jesus, Iceland is less barren and desolate.

And with a better Economy!

Well I hope its a dilemma you get the chance to consider.

I used to wok in Dublin so it mellowed out and people never used to know where I was from, but now i'm working and living in Offaly so the Biffo accent is in full swing these days.

Out on the pull? Those days are long gone. I'm on the road to Rome next april to get married.

o yeah forgot you mentioned Ms-Ice before, congrats on the wedding dude... PW stag du in Vegas! (im growing my beard for it already)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Congrats on the upcoming nuptials man, and you couldn't have picked a more beautiful place for a wedding. Rome is always beautiful but in the Spring it's just incredible, very nice and romantic, well done man :)

Also: INTERNET PRO-WRESTLING FAN ACTUALLY GETTING MARRIED TO REAL LIVE HUMAN WOMAN SHOCKER! :eek:

:D

• Advertisement

EDIT: Thanks lads for the congrats.

The tennis is going on far too long now. I want to go to bed and Del Potro got my hopes up but he keeps messing it up.

Double Edit: Del Potro is really doing my head in now.

orestes wrote: »

Also: INTERNET PRO-WRESTLING FAN ACTUALLY GETTING MARRIED TO REAL LIVE HUMAN WOMAN SHOCKER! :eek:

now now he never said anything about Human :pac:

uh oh, i think i started drinking too early considering how tired i am.

now now he never said anything about Human :pac:

Lets first comment slide in case Mr Ice is tempted to agree and Ms Ice reads it.

Its monday and raw is on soon. I don't blame you for drinking.

See, as I'm a partially straight edge kind of guy I can't drink so Raw is unwatchable live for me.

EDIT: Thanks lads for the congrats.

The tennis is going on far too long now. I want to go to bed and Del Potro got my hopes up but he keeps messing it up.

Double Edit: Del Potro is really doing my head in now.

That the Federer game? Wasn't watching it myself, was out of town and only got home this evening

Pfffft, I was at a stag weekend where I started drinking at 8pm Thursday and haven't stopped since, with a total of 12 hours sleep over 4 nights

Erm, yeah, definitely a *hic*ing at this point

Lets first comment slide in case Mr Ice is tempted to agree and Ms Ice reads it.

Its monday and raw is on soon. I don't blame you for drinking.

See, as I'm a partially straight edge kind of guy I can't drink so Raw is unwatchable live for me.

first you say... ooo there are going to be more, this should be fun, wonder who will take a go next :D

and cant drink you say? odd choice of words again, Ms Ice not let you or physically unable?

*pours another* (I know this is a mistake but meh :))

That the Federer game? Wasn't watching it myself, was out of town and only got home this evening

Yeah the final its on now. In 4th set Tie Breaker. Federer is 2 sets to 1 up. Del potro might be about to take the 4th set to make it 2 each.

I don't normally watch tennis but the finals of a grand slam can be epic.

first you say... ooo there are going to be more, this should be fun, wonder who will take a go next :D

Well you did point out that he didn't say anything about human, I didn't add he said nothing about live either :p
    Yeah the final its on now. In 4th set Tie Breaker. Federer is 2 sets to 1 up. Del potro might be about to take the 4th set to make it 2 each.

I don't normally watch tennis but the finals of a grand slam can be epic.

What channel is that on? Wouldn't mind watching the end of it before Raw myself

and cant drink you say? odd choice of words again, Ms Ice not let you or physically unable?

I could drink but I can't. I have an addictive personality. I get hooked on things way too easy so I have to avoid anything that could get severe.

Well you did point out that he didn't say anything about human, I didn't add he said nothing about live either :p

What channel is that on? Wouldn't mind watching the end of it before Raw myself

Lets 2nd Comment slide:D

Its on Sky Sports 2. Its two sets each now.

I could drink but I can't. I have an addictive personality. I get hooked on things way too easy so I have to avoid anything that could get severe.

I know what your talking about, sure im preparing to watch Raw!

• Advertisement

I'll cancel the coke and hookers for the stag so.:pac:

I know what your talking about, sure im preparing to watch Raw!

I have been watching tennis for 3 and a half hours! Tennis doesn't even have its own forum on boards, its lumped in with squash and other racquet sports.....

I'll cancel the coke and hookers for the stag so.:pac:

I won't stop you enjoying them

Its OK for me mate.:confused:

Ok, I think something has gotten into my laptop, it is saying that neither youtube nor google exist anymore :confused:

Ok, I think something has gotten into my laptop, it is saying that neither youtube nor google exist anymore :confused:

they do you know, a sure while you wait why not watch Mr Cartmenez try and reach these kids while Garrison goes in search of his Penis... SP is Awesome.

comedy central

For anyone who cares. Come on Del Potro! won on his serve. Broke Federer on Rogers first service game in the final set and just won his own serve again. Del Potro 3 - 0 Federer, 2 sets each.

they do you know, a sure while you wait why not watch Mr Cartmenez try and reach these kids while Garrison goes in search of his Penis... SP is Awesome.

comedy central

Just tried on my brothers lappy too, nothing, complete failure. Is youtube not owned by google these days? Methinks someone somwhere has unplugged a wire or something!

Just tried on my brothers lappy too, nothing, complete failure. Is youtube not owned by google these days? Methinks someone somwhere has unplugged a wire or something!

its working for me.

SP family guy double episode now

• Advertisement

Your not missing anything, The front page of you tube has a how to dress in drag video. I didn't look at it i swear........

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement