Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I'd be terrified.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

id definitely recommend watching it if its on again!

anyone watch the new peepshow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Another auld ipod question, I'll never have peace with this bollix of a thing. There's a few albums ive put on that don't show up when I go into artists, but they show up when I go into albums. What's the story there? Anyone else have this problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,762 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Gerard.C wrote: »
    Another auld ipod question, I'll never have peace with this bollix of a thing. There's a few albums ive put on that don't show up when I go into artists, but they show up when I go into albums. What's the story there? Anyone else have this problem?

Are they copied from a cd or did you download them. Sometimes when you download the tags are wrong. so rather than having Artist Title Album the artist and title are one so instead of coming up as U2 one the song title is actually U2-one and nothing comes up in the artist section.

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Are they copied from a cd or did you download them. Sometimes when you download the tags are wrong. so rather than having Artist Title Album the artist and title are one so instead of coming up as U2 one the song title is actually U2-one and nothing comes up in the artist section.

They're CD's, I wouldn't be into the auld downloading thing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

feckin ipods.

hate them so much.

feckin ipods.

hate them so much.

Stop boy, you don't know the half of it. No peace with the ****in things

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,702 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

anyone watching Mayweather tonight?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

What time is it on at?

DM-ICE wrote: »
    What time is it on at?

2am SS1

the match wont actually be on then though as there is a full card. I'll be honest i dont know how good the undercard is supposed to be but like a WWE ppv it will be over within 3hrs as SS have something else scheduled in for 5am. If the undercard fights dont go the full 12 rounds obviously the main event might start a bit early too. I prob wouldent stay up for it if it was on a Sunday but seing as ill have tommorow to recover anyway whynot eh

going to be hiccing here tonight I is :pac:

• Advertisement

2am SS1

the match wont actually be on then though as there is a full card. I'll be honest i dont know how good the undercard is supposed to be but like a WWE ppv it will be over within 3hrs as SS have something else scheduled in for 5am. If the undercard fights dont go the full 12 rounds obviously the main event might start a bit early too. I prob wouldent stay up for it if it was on a Sunday but seing as ill have tommorow to recover anyway whynot eh

going to be hiccing here tonight I is :pac:

AT aguess it must be on around 3.30 or earlier so. they would have to allow for a 12 rounder in the main event.

Don't think i'd stay up that late!

Were you watching any of the madrid barca game?

Gonna tape it and watch it tomorrow, will be watching the UFC live. Hope to god Mayweather wins and we get him and Pacman. That's about the last BIG fight left in boxing these days really. Though I was really looking forward to David Haye and Klitschko too. Maybe the two Klitschko will fight each other, jaysus that'd be a good wan

Gonna tape it and watch it tomorrow, will be watching the UFC live. Hope to god Mayweather wins and we get him and Pacman. That's about the last BIG fight left in boxing these days really. Though I was really looking forward to David Haye and Klitschko too. Maybe the two Klitschko will fight each other, jaysus that'd be a good wan

Haye and the big fella from russia will be an odd fight when it happens!

Whats the UFC card. Once UFC moved to Sellotanta I stopped following it. No way i was paying for both sky and setanta (Internet not good enough for unmentionable alternative viewing options)

I lived in London until recently and my internet is much faster usually here so i dunno how far ahead they are really

Was reading up some internet stuff. According to meteor the irish mobile broadband network is capable of speeds of 7.2 at the moment.

While in UK they are looking to uograde the network from 3.6 to 7.2.

Must be something to do with the size of ireland compared to the uk.

AT aguess it must be on around 3.30 or earlier so. they would have to allow for a 12 rounder in the main event.

Don't think i'd stay up that late!

Were you watching any of the madrid barca game?

nah didnt even know it was on DOH! would have if i had known. strange i dont even remember them advertising it on Sky this week and usually for El Classico they would make a big deal of it in that way esp considering all the new madrid players and that Barca are the european champions.

didnt consider the UFC hmm ill sky plus one of em i guess, cheers for the heads up and yeah def want Mayweather to win tonight so we get him vs Pacman.

I thought Haye was fighting Valuev(The Giant) not one of the Klitschko's.
    Was reading up some internet stuff. According to meteor the irish mobile broadband network is capable of speeds of 7.2 at the moment.

While in UK they are looking to uograde the network from 3.6 to 7.2.

Must be something to do with the size of ireland compared to the uk.

Makes sense

nah didnt even know it was on DOH! would have if i had known. strange i dont even remember them advertising it on Sky this week and usually for El Classico they would make a big deal of it in that way esp considering all the new madrid players and that Barca are the european champions.
    Double Doh! I didn't know either. Turned it on by accident 53 mins in and started watching it. Then Mrs Ice says shes watching Poiret since i'm online:(
    I thought Haye was fighting Valuev(The Giant) not one of the Klitschko's.

He was menat to fight one of the Klitschko's but he pulled out (injured i thinkm). Now he is fighting the big fella.

Double Doh! I didn't know either. Turned it on by accident 53 mins in and started watching it. Then Mrs Ice says shes watching Poiret since i'm online:(

that sucks. hope i can catch some sort of highlights before i find out the result (not too likely).
    He was menat to fight one of the Klitschko's but he pulled out (injured i thinkm). Now he is fighting the big fella.

tbh id say im more interesting in him vs Valuev even if it is just for the freakshow element of it all.

that sucks. hope i can catch some sort of highlights before i find out the result (not too likely).

tbh id say im more interesting in him vs Valuev even if it is just for the freakshow element of it all.

The rerun is at 1am on sky sports 3 if thats any use.

I don't watch much boxing. I think the last pro fight I watched from start to finish was Mosley v De la hoya two. I would also look at the Valuev fight out of curiosity.

The rerun is at 1am on sky sports 3 if thats any use.

I don't watch much boxing. I think the last pro fight I watched from start to finish was Mosley v De la hoya two. I would also look at the Valuev fight out of curiosity.

animated comedy on FX+1 for an hour and a half followed by Barca vs Madrid and then Mayweather wooot.

time to get the Jameson out and start my celebrations... o yeah the folks offering me that job in Taiwan got back to me and said that my first choice position, the one in Taipei, was an option again and today they sent me the formal job offer for it, so double woooot!

time for drinks :pac:

animated comedy on FX+1 for an hour and a half followed by Barca vs Madrid and then Mayweather wooot.

time to get the Jameson out and start my celebrations... o yeah the folks offering me that job in Taiwan got back to me and said that my first choice position, the one in Taipei, was an option again and today they sent me the formal job offer for it, so double woooot!

**** just realised i looked at it wrong. It was atletico madrid! Now it make sense. I literally saw madrid (not noticing it was atletico) and barcelona on the i button, looked the the score and then Mrs Ice switched the tv. Sorry for the bad info. Oh and the reun features osasuna and sevilla match along with barca and atletico

• Advertisement

Thats great news. Does that make it an easier decision.

**** just realised i looked at it wrong. It was atletico madrid! Now it make sense. I literally saw madrid (not noticing it was atletico) and barcelona on the i button, looked the the score and then Mrs Ice switched the tv. Sorry for the bad info.

that makes a bit more sense whaty with not hearing about it at all this week would have expected there to be a massive thread about it on the soccer board atleast. Will still check out the re-run though probably as it could be a class game with Aguero, Forlan and co taking on Messi and the boys so cheers for that info atleast.

that makes a bit more sense whaty with not hearing about it at all this week would have expected there to be a massive thread about it on the soccer board atleast. Will still check out the re-run though probably as it could be a class game with Aguero, Forlan and co taking on Messi and the boys so cheers for that info atleast.

again sorry for the terrible info!

So are you off to Taipei? It great that you have the option again.

Congrats again BH!

Lads those who know their UFC, whos gonna win Cro Cop Vs Dos Santos?

again sorry for the terrible info!

So are you off to Taipei? It great that you have the option again.

looks like it, ive not signed anything but I have the contract now and im looking through it this weekend before officially deciding and faxing it onto them before wednesday at which point ill have about 2 weeks before I leave. well excited just thinking about it tbh although it obviously wont be all fun.

heres what Taipei looks like (not at all what I imagined when first looking into it.
    taiwan-taipei.jpg

flahavaj wrote: »
    Congrats again BH!

Lads those who know their UFC, whos gonna win Cro Cop Vs Dos Santos?

cheers man, tbh wouldent be able to tell ya on the UFC thing. Ive only been getting into it myself recently and have mostly watched Brock Lesnar's matches thus far.

WOW: Looks awesome.

Dear God that pic looks incredible!

yeah think i was imagining more of an old traditonal asian village type place, which tbh was pretty stupid what with there being like 3m people there and it being a capital city.

thats Taipei 101 in the pic used to be the tallest building in the world at one point (now its like 6th), its a shopping centre among other things.

• Advertisement

actually, the more i look at it the more i really want to know what that gold building in the centre of the pic is!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement