Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,297 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

actually, the more i look at it the more i really want to know what that gold building in the centre of the pic is!

I'm going with Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall ;)

I was looking up Taipai. It sounds great in wikitravels write up. I don't know why I haven't read more about it before.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

DM-ICE wrote: »
    I'm going with Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall ;)

I was looking up Taipai. It sounds great in wikitravels write up. I don't know why I haven't read more about it before.

well tbh first time i ever looked into Taipei was a few weeks ago and im considering moving there so i guess it isnt that strange you havent looked into it before. and yeah your right about the building, since i posted that I was checking it up myself

Here it is:
    2467235048_c42ed2d703.jpg

stumbled over the result of the Barca game so im watching the Jonathon ross repeat instead, although def sounds like it was a cracking game.

well tbh first time i ever looked into Taipei was a few weeks ago and im considering moving there so i guess it isnt that strange you havent looked into it before. and yeah your right about the building, since i posted that I was checking it up myself

Here it is:
    2467235048_c42ed2d703.jpg

stumbled over the result of the Barca game so im watching the Jonathon ross repeat instead, although def sounds like it was a cracking game.

Aw dude I bet you will love it over there. Who is on woss?

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Aw dude I bet you will love it over there. Who is on woss?

hope so

David Attenborough (sp?), Jay-Z, Eva Herzagovina and some special guest that hasnt arrived yet that Wossy hasnt said who it is but has talked about.

*hic*

Mayweather is the epitomy of what a boxer should be.... feckin in ring ledgend (and HHH accompanying him to the ring made me lol).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

*hic*

Mayweather is the epitomy of what a boxer should be.... feckin in ring ledgend (and HHH accompanying him to the ring made me lol).

Made a few bob on him winning by decision. Definitely now in the alltime top 10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I am now nervous, but am confident Sam will be making his way to the Lee tomorrow evening :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Minor match is ****ing ****e. I have a 10er on Man United,Kerry and Armagh (:o) to win

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Minor match is ****ing ****e.

Just watched a bit of that a few minutes ago, everyone shoving each other about like a bunch of kids on a school yard, cringeworthy stuff

orestes wrote: »
    Just watched a bit of that a few minutes ago, everyone shoving each other about like a bunch of kids on a school yard, cringeworthy stuff
    That's more of a Mayo thing. Scallywags

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

the match is fairly tight :)

That was an important score for Cork

My bet isn't looking horrible ATM

as much as it pains me to say it...

I think cork might turn it around....

WOOOOOHOOOO

• Registered Users Posts: 11,355 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

you might end up fighting off a few chinese invaders before long :eek: china still considers taiwan to be part of the motherland while taiwan considers themselves independant and tensions are very very strained between the two

rossie1977 wrote: »
    you might end up fighting off a few chinese invaders before long :eek: china still considers taiwan to be part of the motherland while taiwan considers themselves independant and tensions are very very strained between the two

yep ive looked into the history of the place but that isnt too likely tbh, long long since there was a serious threat of such an action. Plus the fact that they are seperate means that they are less stringent on certain things such as censorship with regards the internet etc.

Hard luck Gimmick and co twas Kerrys day

WOOO-WOOHOO-WOO

You KNOW it! :p

I made this post elsewhere about what TV shows id reccomend and thought id post it here as an excuse to bump up the off topic thread (cant remember why I wanted to bump it but if I do itl be on page 1 for me to post in :)).

Id reccomend the following to anyone, if you havent seen them they are worth trying (although im sure the majority of you have seen the majority of them):

The Sopranos
    The Wire
    Oz
    Dexter
    Breaking bad
    Californication
    Entourage
    Generation Kill
    True blood
    Weeds
    Eastbound & Down
    Arrested development
    The Office (US & UK)
    Skins
    Spaced
    Curb Your Enthusiasm
    The West Wing (first few seasons)
    Heroes (S1)
    Prison break (S1)
    City of Men (sounds gay but its the series by the 'City of God' fellas )
    The IT Crowd
    Black Books
    Friday night lights
    South Park
    The Boondocks
    Peep Show
    Afro Samurai

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Everyone should watch The Wire, that is all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,092 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I would probably add
    The Thick Of It
    Curb Your Enthusiasm
    Pheonix Nights (Kay is a tool but its still easy to forget how great it is)
    Frasier
    Six Feet Under
    Carnivale
    Deadwood
    Peep Show
    Help
    Alan Partidge
    Blackadder
    The Inbetweeners
    Flight Of The Conchords
    I am probably going to buy Friday Night Lights soon as well.
    I would rather kill myself than watch an episode of Skins, hateful patronising vile ****e made by ***** in my opinion. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Anyone watching Bernard fighting tonight?

Gerard.C wrote: »
    Anyone watching Bernard fighting tonight?

I think I will. I missed his world title fight so i will have to watch this one.

Me as well, and I have money on his opponent as well.:o

You a happy man rjd2?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I made this post elsewhere about what TV shows id reccomend and thought id post it here as an excuse to bump up the off topic thread (cant remember why I wanted to bump it but if I do itl be on page 1 for me to post in :)).

Id reccomend the following to anyone, if you havent seen them they are worth trying (although im sure the majority of you have seen the majority of them):

The Wire
    Dexter
    Curb Your Enthusiasm
    Heroes (S1)
    Prison break (S1)
    mad Men
    South Park

FYP

Bubs101 wrote: »
    FYP

have you watched all the other shows that you seem to deem not good enough to make the list i had? or is your point just that mad men should be on it?

Mad men is one of those seasons that im weird with regards to, i missed it at the start so im reluctant to just jump in, in the middle. Some day I will watch all episodes from the beginning as ive done with many seasons retrospectively but until then im not going to be suggesting people watch it as well I havent and therefore have no basis for me reccomendating it (although I do know many of the people behind the Sopranos -not Chase- are behind it and I am a self confessed Soprano's mark so I suppose i have that).

Poor Bernard. Got the **** knocked out of him

CMpunked wrote: »
    You a happy man rjd2?

To be honest its not exactly earth shattering money I won, but its still a recession, I did feel sorry for Bernard though. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

What in the name of god does FYP mean?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement