Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

krudler wrote: »
    I've never really understood the drink until you're wrecked mentality tbh, I'm all for having a few drinks and getting socially lubricated to the point where a good night turns into a great one, but I know my limit, I cant see how drinking so much you act like a tool, puke, annoy everyone and cant remember the night you probably spent a fortune on is a good way to spend a weekend, did it plenty in my teenage years but once you realise that you can have a great night out without getting completely out of your box drunk, dont mind having a few shots but I'd always keep it the same drink, although I am looking forward to our work xmas night out, cocktails all round, Long Island iced teas ftw!

Well when you're young, you're expected to **** up several times. I know i did, in certain cases i still do. it's about the company you keep really. You'll always get one in the group who still thinks he's 16 and will be until death.

Nowadays i have the common sense to know when to quit, but jesus, there were times when i woke up in pools of my own vomit from overdoing it. Thankfully i sleep on my side, so i'm not likely to choke from it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    It's a great drink to use to feel good without getting floored.

I f*cking HATE Irish Whiskey, it's vile!
    Funny story about Powers, which put me off it for life.

New Years night 1997, and my girlfriend at the time wasn't well, so i dropped her home, came back with all intentions of getting the last bus. Walking up Marlborough St and i run into an old acquaintance (we hadn't seen each other in the guts of a year, and he actually saw me as he was taking a leak), he suggests going to Fibbers, now i'm flat broke, but he got made redundant and was going on a pissup spree so it was his night. So i tagged along, i'd f*ck all else to do.

So the hours pass, and we're both tanked, drinking, moshing, general craic. And before we know it it's 2.30am and the shutters are closing. My mate is being a bit overbearing and is trying it on with this girl who clearly isn't interested, and her male mate is eyeballing him bigtime. And then he sees me. I'm thinking "oh crap, i'm too drunk to be scrapping!", and he says "You! Motherfu*cker, I was moshing with you earlier, did a good job holding yerself there, what you up to?" I told him i was gonna head on and he says "Well look, i'm throwing a late christmas bash in mine, you guys coming along?", so i said "f*ck it, free booze!"

We get there, and he raids his parents liquor cabinet and gives us all a bottle of powers each! Happy day's i'm thinking. Now i hadn't a clue how to drink Whiskey then, i was about to turn 21! I was a beer man and a beer man. So i crack open the bottle, and being the thirsty bastard i was, downed about 2/3 of the bottle in about 20 seconds. 5 Minutes later it f*cking hits me like a truck. I'm feeling VERY ropey. I need air, and my mate has the munchies, we stop off at some corner to take a leak first and i turn around after i'm finished and WHACK!

I wake up a few minutes later to him screaming, c'mon, shop is this way! (we were going to some 24 hour shop in Rathgar i think. But i'd turned the wrong way and walked head first into a lamp post. I lost my mate (who had my bloody jacket and it was a very icy January morning), and somehow found my way back to the house. Within minutes i had legged it up the stairs to find the jax cos i needed to puke, only there were two people in there shagging their brains out. I literally screamed "get the **** out of the jax, i've downed most of the bottle of powers and gonna puke it up on the hall floor!", I've never seen a door open so fast and people exit a room so quickly in my life.

I puked again about 10 mins alter on the floor under the couch i had crashed on, but cos the owner saw me puking in the jax,i was able to pin the blame on some girl who was sleeping in that room too.

8am in the morning, i throw on my hoody and casually walk out the door.
    Fun times, but i haven't gone near an Irish Whiskey ever since.

The only bad times I've had with whiskey have been Jack Daniels. It's awful, has no taste or character to it. Irish whiskey can be savoured and enjoyed. It's wierd though, I think you have to sort of respect it. If you buy a litre of Jamesons thinking you're hard and going to have a mad one then it'll cost you big time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I sometimes drink beer, although I prefer cocktails and spirits and erm so called girly drinks which makes me metro sexual!:cool:

The only bad times I've had with whiskey have been Jack Daniels. It's awful, has no taste or character to it. Irish whiskey can be savoured and enjoyed. It's wierd though, I think you have to sort of respect it. If you buy a litre of Jamesons thinking you're hard and going to have a mad one then it'll cost you big time.

If you do that with ANY high volume spirt, it will cost you big time. But I was 20 and didn't have a f*cking clue at the time. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

:eek: SACRILEGE!

• Advertisement

Rjd2 wrote: »
    I sometimes drink beer, although I prefer cocktails and spirits and erm so called girly drinks which makes me metro sexual!:cool:

You think you're metrosexual? You should see half of my wardrobe! ;)

I thought so too, Powers and Jemmy taste like paint stripper to me.

Which bit ? :D

Naw man, after drinking Jameson and Powers for so many years I just can't stomach the taste or even sight of JD. I like my whiskey idn_smilie.gif . Even Scottish whisky... few drops of some mature Glendfiddich and you'll never turn back ;)

Which bit ? :D

Naw man, after drinking Jameson and Powers for so many years I just can't stomach the taste or even sight of JD. I like my whiskey idn_smilie.gif . Even Scottish whisky... few drops of some mature Glendfiddich and you'll never turn back ;)

You like dirt Whisky! Glendfiddich, bleugh
    Chivas Regal is your man! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Manny Pacquiao- Great man!

He owned Oscar and they need to book him with Mayweather. Anyone see it?

For those that have never seen him before:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,703 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

if anyone can think of any good questions for the next instalment of ATH pm me them, sometimes its hard to think of wrestling questions that can have multiple argueable correct answers. I will more than likely use any good ones suggested maybe even if the person who suggested it was taking part (dependant on how many suggestions im given)

and Manny Pacquiao is class but id still plump for Mayweather even though I think hes semi retired now.

any news from Joe Calzaghe yet, is he fighting on?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

and Manny Pacquiao is class but id still plump for Mayweather even though I think hes semi retired now.

I'd love to see that fight.

As far as I know Calzaghe is retired. Boxing retirements can be a bit like wrestling ones though.

I think if Joe is officially retired then he will stay that way though myself

This place is dead tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

This place is dead tonight.

Yep..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Has been for the last few days. But then, with Christmas coming up, people will be busier at work, have more nights out and are just too fried to talk nonsense online :).

Speaking of which, its my work xmas partry in the Alexander Hotel in Dublin this Saturday. Huzzah, as I cannot go but to it being my birthday, so I get to watch Barca Vs Real Madrid while my friends douse me in alcohol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

gimmick wrote: »
    Has been for the last few days. But then, with Christmas coming up, people will be busier at work, have more nights out and are just too fried to talk nonsense online :).

Speaking of which, its my work xmas partry in the Alexander Hotel in Dublin this Saturday. Huzzah, as I cannot go but to it being my birthday, so I get to watch Barca Vs Real Madrid while my friends douse me in alcohol.

Happy birthday in advance, like

Is there a general internet forum within boards?

I bought a premium Rapidshare account, and i have some questions, but don't know where to post them :(

I'll post them here for the sake of it, and if i find an interweb forum, ill copy/pasta:

I have a premium rapidshare account and they have a daily download limit of 2.65GB. After exhausting my daily download limit i got annoyed and bought 100GBs of trafficshare for €10. I assumed that this meant i could continually download as much as i liked until my account expired.

Today, i have again reached a 2.65GB limit. However, i still have 90GB of trafficshare left. Is there any way i can beark my limit now? and use the trafficshare to get around the limit?

Thanks to anyone that can help.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

I have a rapidshare account and get 10gigs a day. Also have a traffic share of 60gigs, I haven't a clue what the the trafficshare thing means, and for some reason my trafficshare goes up every so often. It started at zero.

What is trafficshare?

• Advertisement

How do you manage to get 10HB a day?

I'm still not 100% sure what exactly trafficshare is, but i assume its to allow you to download more than you could without it. (ie, they charge €10 for an extra 100GB of rapidshare, so i assumed that the 2.65GB limit would be lifted to a 100GB limitm to allow you to constantly download until you reach 100GB), but i am not sure exactly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

I bought a premium Rapidshare account, and i have some questions, but don't know where to post them :(

I'll post them here for the sake of it, and if i find an interweb forum, ill copy/pasta:

I have a premium rapidshare account and they have a daily download limit of 2.65GB. After exhausting my daily download limit i got annoyed and bought 100GBs of trafficshare for €10. I assumed that this meant i could continually download as much as i liked until my account expired.

Today, i have again reached a 2.65GB limit. However, i still have 90GB of trafficshare left. Is there any way i can beark my limit now? and use the trafficshare to get around the limit?

Try over here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=381

For the record, I don't want anyone making a habit out of asking stuff in here because they can't find the right forum, that's not what this thread is for and I don't want a trend starting.

KKV, someone here might be able to help.

Or you could PM a Mod:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=381

orestes wrote: »

I seen that, but Rapidshare doesn't really fall into any of those categories, although i may try the Blogs / Wikis / Social Networks section.

Anyone ever see this:

I love daft punk. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

This is better times two, has tits instead of thumbs

And then this is better than those two combined cubed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Anyone ever see this:

I love daft punk. :p

I prefer this one

After Hours is boards' general forum. Lotsa shoite "internet lol internet" posts and not always helpful but it's yr best bet as loads of them would have rapidshare. I'd imagine RS is looked down upon by some of the web/computer/tech mods as there's so much copyrighted stuff on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Why not just get a premium rapidshare account with an unlimited allowance? Its only €55 a year.

If you invite a whole load of people to a party, is it wrong to uninvite everyone 3 days before it happens because you are sure it will end up being a disaster?

• Advertisement

gimmick wrote: »

If you invite a whole load of people to a party, is it wrong to uninvite everyone 3 days before it happens because you are sure it will end up being a disaster?

Depends on the circumstances/why you think it'll be a disaster.
    I've thrown a party before, thought no one would show up and that it'd be **** . come 10bells I was still on me own in the gaff, then an hour later about 20 had showed up and they seemed to enjoy themselves.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement