Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Not true, they did a feature on Longford Town a few weeks ago, about the cup runs in 2003/4. I used love going to the Flansiro, it would have been a great ground. Unfortunately it looks worse now than what it did 5 years ago.

gimmick wrote: »
    On this recommend, and a very good relative price on 1800hotels, I booked this place earlier. Looking forward to this. While there I also get to see one of my all time favourites Dj/producers in his resident club - Cielo, 'Lil' Louie Vega.

Anyway, whats the good word with NY?

Looks like this is out the window. The missus' granmother is at deaths door, so probably have to cancel the entire trip. I suppose somethings are more important. Sick **** of funerals. I have been to 4 in the last 12 months. Joys of growing old I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭Sunset V

Not true, they did a feature on Longford Town a few weeks ago, about the cup runs in 2003/4. I used love going to the Flansiro, it would have been a great ground. Unfortunately it looks worse now than what it did 5 years ago.

Oh jaysus you're right. Forgot completely about that, think the guy who did the piece is room Longford too. Yeah Flansiro isn't the worst, it is looking worse for wear this year but we're still getting a few through the gates. Interest in the town, by and large, isn't there anymore. We didn't capitalise on the cup runs, Sligo went pro and took the gloss of what we had done.

Always next year! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Beach Balls for everybody :D In all fairness Liverpool fans that was the greatest fluke ever. Imagine the odds of that happening

What an astoundling empty weekend. It was great. Pretty much lounged, slept and drank since 5pm Friday. Im utterly bate.

last night however, I was at a going away party, and saw a band. None of them are the right side of 65 I'd say, but they facking blew it away

Hurrah, its Monday tomorrow. Last Monday work i have for about a month though, so happy days :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,093 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Beach Balls for everybody :D In all fairness Liverpool fans that was the greatest fluke ever. Imagine the odds of that happening

Sunderland deserved the win though, they outplayed them. The draw for the play offs is coming up soon, getting nervous for it now. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

france!! away in the second leg!.....we're f*cked!!

I would not agree with that. 2nd best draw on offer imo. I think I may have tickets for it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Domenech vs. trappatoni? Great draw on paper. France not as good as people think. They're the European version of Maradona's Argentina

I think Ireland can win this, 1-0 at home, 0-0 away. Happy days:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I'm happy out with France. Russia would have been the worst team to face.

I reckon they've got a soft centre that our style of play could expose, plus we always over perform against the bigger nations. 0-0 at croker, 1-1 away draw sends us through. Cue beer filled Summer and the end of the recession.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

im happy with france domenech doesnt seem like he has all the players support and cant get them playing good if we win at home we stand a good chance of getting a good result away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Do we actually have a chance against France? :rolleyes:

Very much so. France are very much living off reputation nowadays. It will not be pretty, but it is well doable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

flahavaj wrote: »
    I'm happy out with France. Russia would have been the worst team to face.

I reckon they've got a soft centre that our style of play could expose, plus we always over perform against the bigger nations. 0-0 at croker, 1-1 away draw sends us through. Cue beer filled Summer and the end of the recession.

I actually think Greece might have been the worse draw. We always do well against the good teams. It's the teams we expect to beat we **** up on. Ireland are best with their backs to the wall not pushing the issue and I think the likes of Switzerland and Greece are the worst teams to face. Slightly better team who play in a similar fashion just better

I'm delighted with the draw. France are serious under-performers and we have a real chance of getting to the World Cup. If we missed out though I wouldn't be heartbroken because the World Cup clashes with the Leaving Cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I think Ireland can win this, 1-0 at home, 0-0 away. Happy days:D

i thinkn you are being overly optimistic here, ireland are a team that can NOT hold on to a lead.....historically it has always been the case, (as we saw twice against italy recently) i really think there is no chance we will stop them from scoring for 180 minutes!

i think our best option is a 0-0 home and 1-1 away (or maybe scrape a win at home but it wont be easy by any means)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Did ye see the French manager said we're the English B-Team? **** you. I really really hope we ****ing trounce them. Wanker

Gerard.C wrote: »
    Did ye see the French manager said we're the English B-Team? **** you. I really really hope we ****ing trounce them. Wanker
    England B is too nice a compliment for this bunch. We have over-achieved this year but we could catch France

How dare he. We're no better than a D or E team in fairness.

• Advertisement

Got my tickets for this yesterday. Decided we would go all out and booked into Jurys Croke park while we were at it.

On another note, I am off to The States Sunday, thankfully last weeks emergency had the best possible outcome. My suitcase is behind me ready to pack, but man do I hate packing. Without the panic of it being at the last second, how does one motivate oneself? 0655am flight Sunday, so realistically should only start about 0400am.

And to round it all off, the Cork Guinness Jazz Festivals kicks off tmr. Heavy night planned for tomorrow and a heavy afternoon Saturday. Man life is good :)

Haha, I see in the tags below "no sport talk". Ya, thats worked. Silly idea.

We love our moderator.:pac:

Did you see me in the Evening Echo today gimmick bai?

Nope - I refrain from buying that rag. Waste of time, money and paper. What did you do?

Nope - I refrain from buying that rag. Waste of time, money and paper. What did you do?

I was at a gig in Cyprus Avenue there last Sunday and got Interviewed for the "Who the hell goes to...." bit. I told them my name was Tony Morrissey for the laugh. Big happy head on me in the photo and that name under it. Cant wait to show the mother!

I'd say the town will be mad this weekend with the Jazz on! Ya goin to venture in you are?

Always do ya, although with holidays on Sunday I will not be able to indulge myself as much as I usually like to. Prob just head to the Metroploe for about 2pm tmr, stay there til 6, then go to some gig in some other pub, and home for about 9. Try and be somewhat human for 11 hours of flying on Sunday.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

*Hic*
    Ni Hao,

Im feckin coverd in sweat after jogging back home after escourting my (super hot) american friend home as she was lets say a lil tipsy, she lives a lot further away than i thought though damn im wrecked!

Just had one of those moments too whilst jogging back, when i passed a night club and stopped for a mo to be quizzed by some locals. I thought to myself, im in feckin Taiwan, what the hell am i doing here? but then i took a moment and realised... I feckin love it :D

*Hic*

Anyone on here gonna try and get a ticket for the great Paul McCartney on Wednesday? I'd say they'll be gone in seconds

• Advertisement

Anyone on here gonna try and get a ticket for the great Paul McCartney on Wednesday? I'd say they'll be gone in seconds

I saw him last time he came over. Savage concert altogether, one of the best I ever saw.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement