Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

Gerard.C wrote: »
    Anyone on here gonna try and get a ticket for the great Paul McCartney on Wednesday? I'd say they'll be gone in seconds

Definitely!!

Don't forget if your on O2 the pre sale begins tomorrow. Ill be up bright and early to get one :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Gonna bump this thread. A well known poster in the Soccer forum is in a critical condition in Sydney. I think it would be nice if we could show our support for eirebhoy as a community and wish him a speedy recovery.

Des' thread

RTE Report

R.I.P eirebhoy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

R.I.P eirebhoy

Shocking. RIP.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

RIP :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,702 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

really is hard to believe i dont know the guy but often had some good banter with him on here. a top poster and seemed a top bloke too...

RIP

His Mam was absolutely heroic in the press conference this morning. Small wonder he turned out so decent with a mother like that.

flahavaj wrote: »
    His Mam was absolutely heroic in the press conference this morning. Small wonder he turned out so decent with a mother like that.
    She does have a big heart. He has a brave family around him. To show any of the readers on here how genuine a guy he was he gave his organs up. Even in death he will save somebody else's life.
    Great poster, even better person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

May the person who did this die a painful slow death. Forgiveness my ass. I was briefly online while on holidays, saw this and was quite taken aback.

Cheerio Eirebhoy. How dare anyone do to you what they did.

Well just got back from the States yesterday. Had a pretty amazing time. Was in DC and NY. The sights in DC are great. The Lincoln memorial is breathtaking, as are the Vietnam memorials. Very briefly was in the Smithsonian Natural History museum, but had not nearly enough time there. I was also in a mile long outlet mall. Normally Id be bored of the shops within minutes. We arrived at 11am, and it was not until 8pm that I finally got bored.

Off to NY then. Again props to Flav for the recommend of The New Yorker Hotel. Perfectly located and reasonably priced relatively speaking in NY terms. NY is a pretty amazing city. Everyone is so busy, the pace of life there seems to be incredible. Despite really enjoying it, I was glad to be getting out of it as well. Ate in some awesoem restaurant. Fúck your TGIs and Applebys, TAo, STK, Spice Market is where it is at :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

gimmick wrote: »
    Well just got back from the States yesterday. Had a pretty amazing time. Was in DC and NY. The sights in DC are great. The Lincoln memorial is breathtaking, as are the Vietnam memorials. Very briefly was in the Smithsonian Natural History museum, but had not nearly enough time there. I was also in a mile long outlet mall. Normally Id be bored of the shops within minutes. We arrived at 11am, and it was not until 8pm that I finally got bored.

Off to NY then. Again props to Flav for the recommend of The New Yorker Hotel. Perfectly located and reasonably priced relatively speaking in NY terms. NY is a pretty amazing city. Everyone is so busy, the pace of life there seems to be incredible. Despite really enjoying it, I was glad to be getting out of it as well. Ate in some awesoem restaurant. Fúck your TGIs and Applebys, TAo, STK, Spice Market is where it is at :)

Your making me excited man. Im off to Florida on Saturday and last night booked NY for Feb for the Girlfriends B'day. I just happened to book the New Yorker this morning too. I steyed there 2 years ago, great hotel alright and great prices for its location. I heard its been renovated too so thats a plus.

Oh and the Tick Tock Diner is the job. Their pancakes make me smile.

Went to an amazing house club in The Meat Packing District as well called Cielo. If you like house, well you cannot help but LOVE this place.

gimmick wrote: »
    Oh and the Tick Tock Diner is the job. Their pancakes make me smile.

Went to an amazing house club in The Meat Packing District as well called Cielo. If you like house, well you cannot help but LOVE this place.

Tick Tock is the best place for brekie alright. Did you notice the waiter that looks like the fat nerd from South Park?

geeks,internet,nerd,south,park-d402ed05b757f32a0128b29d6c294898_m.jpg

Never went clubbing in NY on account of the Gf only turning 21, So it was always ''Irish bars'' but ill give it a go this time.

Dancor wrote: »
    Tick Tock is the best place for brekie alright. Did you notice the waiter that looks like the fat nerd from South Park?

geeks,internet,nerd,south,park-d402ed05b757f32a0128b29d6c294898_m.jpg

Never went clubbing in NY on account of the Gf only turning 21, So it was always ''Irish bars'' but ill give it a go this time.

LOUL. I know exactly the fella you mean. Big Greek American guy, has been working there the three times I've stayed in the New Yorker. We religiously have the breakfast at Tick Tock, lovely spot. Yer man is sound out as well, loves talking about his holidays in Europe.

Actually booked 8 days in the states there in Jan today, staying as always at thye New Yorker. Just 4 nights in Ny this time, then drie up to Boston for the other 4. Got a nice price as well.

LOUL. I know exactly the fella you mean. Big Greek American guy, has been working there the three times I've stayed in the New Yorker. We religiously have the breakfast at Tick Tock, lovely spot. Yer man is sound out as well, loves talking about his holidays in Europe.

Actually booked 8 days in the states there in Jan today, staying as always at thye New Yorker. Just 4 nights in Ny this time, then drie up to Boston for the other 4. Got a nice price as well.

Thank god someone else knows who im talking about :) I actually find that feella very creepy and sleazy.

And that place is open 24 Hours, Noting better than a big dirty burger at half 3 in the morning.

Ah he really isn't he seems like a good fella once you've actually chatted to him.

As for the 24 hour opening I'd be a hoor for the aul fudge brownie with ice cream at 3 am after a feed of beer myself.

Anyone see Batista on MTV Europe Music Awards - god his head looked so small compared with his body :D

Anyone ever notice Batista's got the wierdest looking ears?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Anyone ever notice Batista's got the wierdest looking ears?

And the top of his head is all creased like Valuev

Speaking of Valuev anyone watching the boxing tonight? Don't know what way to call it, but the size difference makes it worth a look for curiousity value alone.

• Advertisement

Valuev-Haye fight
    Valuev was ripped off.

Signs you are getting old:
    1. A very timid night out ends up dying all day on sunday.
    2. Beer Shíts are all the more common.
    3. Staying in on a friday becomes all too common.

Hate being 30

Finally bought The Snapper on DVD today :D

Great show that. I think everyone in Ireland watched it Good Friday this year

Jedward are still in contention. That Dannii is a piece of work :mad:

JP Liz wrote: »
    Finally bought The Snapper on DVD today :D

Shaddin Coordley's up the pole!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Shaddin Coordley's up the pole!!!

Serrrvees her roi'!

Lets see her fit into those jeans now!! :D

Load of crap. The way people are going on, you would swear the only people allowed have an opinion of welfare is those people receiving it. OTT stupid rant by a moron.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

You have to give him credit for his closing line..... "THAT'S INJUSTICE!!!"

****in fantastic

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement