Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

As I said he cannot change the past. Anyway, I don't care about this anymore. The hysteria is mind boggling.

Of far more concrn, my area is out of water. Looks like no flushing for the weekend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Gimmick, as a wrestling fan you should understand more than anybody that Henry has cultivated an image. He's this cool, calm, sympathetic guy in touch with his feelings yet still cool. He's a good loser and a gracious winner. That's the image he's cultivated. All that va va voom stuff. All the designer suits. For his image he had time to think what would be the best thing to do for him at the final whistle. Same as releasing a press statement asking for a replay after Fifa ruled it out.

He wasn't working when he celbrated the goal. He got caught up in the moment. No time to prepare the suave Henry that we all loved. He was happy he got away with it. He showed the joy that Pippo shows when he scored and henry didn't even get the final touch. That was Henry. That was henry without preperation. Without cultivation. Without any catchphrases. That was the true Henry

• Registered Users Posts: 14,539 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

lol at people here blaming Henry when it's the officials that should be blamed. Get over it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

gimmick wrote: »
    As I said he cannot change the past. Anyway, I don't care about this anymore. The hysteria is mind boggling.

Of far more concrn, my area is out of water. Looks like no flushing for the weekend!

Thankfully we still have water even though Douglas 5 minutes down the road apparently doesn't. On the upside, I don't have school on Monday as the school has no water. 4 day weekend!!!:)

The roof caved in at the girls school behind mine.... They get a 5 day weekend :mad: Jammy wimmens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,573 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

callaway92 wrote: »
    lol at people here blaming Henry when it's the officials that should be blamed. Get over it

Yeah people are blaming the guy who did the deed. Crazy stuff. I blame the parents. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

callaway92 wrote: »

I heard Roy Keane was saying "Get over it" the other day. Two seconds after an embittered rant about a row that happened seven years ago. The irony. And the irony of him criticising McShane's defending was also amusing. How much did he pay for him when he brought him to Sunderland again?

You'd think he'd be more concerned with the absolute mess his inept management has gotten Ipswich into, the two-faced prick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

flahavaj wrote: »
    I heard Roy Keane was saying "Get over it" the other day. Two seconds after an embittered rant about a row that happened seven years ago. The irony. And the irony of him criticising McShane's defending was also amusing. How much did he pay for him when he brought him to Sunderland again?

You'd think he'd be more concerned with the absolute mess his inept management has gotten Ipswich into, the two-faced prick.

And he goes "you're not in the world cup, get over it" or something like that. Then he decides to say that Delaney didnt have the courtesy to call him in 2002, "it was the world cup like" or something. Pure Double standards. Hypocrite

Bearing in mind I am a technological retard, can someone tell me how one burns a DVD? I got a new laptop with a burner and would like to burn some off my hard drive. Easy steps please :)

Thanks

Bearing in mind I am a technological retard, can someone tell me how one burns a DVD? I got a new laptop with a burner and would like to burn some off my hard drive. Easy steps please :)

Thanks

What programme you using?

• Advertisement

That can be the first step then :p

All I know is I have a burner on a Dell laptop.

That can be the first step then :p

All I know is I have a burner on a Dell laptop.

Did anyprogrammes come with the laptop? Sonic Record Now or aomething like that?

Power DVD DX/Windows DVD maker I think.

I think with Windows DVD maker you just click add file and select what you want to add from your hard drive and click burn. Stick a blank disc in when it asks you etc.

Do the file need to be in a certain format before burning?

I think so. What are you trying to put on disc?

A few ROH shows I have on my hard drive.

A few ROH shows I have on my hard drive.

I think they might have to be in the form of an ISO image.

I think this programme might be helpful in doing that.

http://www.magiciso.com/download.htm

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,702 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

normally all you have to do is put a writable dvd in the drive and the laptop itself will come up with the list of options i.e burn files to disk at which point you choose your program. The basic program that came with mine, all you had to do was drag the file to the now open DVD folder and it would automatically start burning them. Then when all files are burned just press eject which will take longer than usual as this is when it finalises the dvd. I usually burn avi files i.e tv shows and movies and dont have to convert them to anything

Tiger Woods involved in a serious car crash earlier. Not reasling too many details.

Fingers crossed for him.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Tiger Woods involved in a serious car crash earlier. Not reasling too many details.

Fingers crossed for him.

wow.

rte say:
    CNN reported that, according to the Mayor of Windermere, Florida, Gary Bruhn, the golfer has been released from hospital with facial lacerations.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/golf/2009/1127/woods.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Woods hits a hazard and a tree and is nowhere near a golf course? Interesting

In other news Tubridy is actually entertaining and funny so far during the toyshow, bit nervous though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Toy Show is great. Your all missing out guys. They had the Junior Culchie of the Year 2009 on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

omg Jedward what are they on? :D

I liked them on X Factor because they seemed like nice lads. They came across as two complete tools there.

I liked them on X Factor because they seemed like nice lads. They are two complete tools there.

Haha that they are

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

It's been very quiet in this section all weekend:(:(

Toy Show is great. Your all missing out guys. They had the Junior Culchie of the Year 2009 on

The future of the nation is in good hands.

• Advertisement

Speaking of the toy show check out this kid haha

And the junior culchie

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement