Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

The worst. A flagin of vodka, a shot of Yagor and at least 8 cans of Heineken. Woke up this morning with a sore neck. That was my night.

Happy New Year BTW. Hows life treating ya buddy?

Thanks bro.

Meh to life ATM,
    Lost the job, back living at home, lost internet, dole cut.

But hey, new year, right?
    Was just thinking how this place seemed to have some mad craic about it a lot of the time so thought maybe I should rejoin and lose my sanity all over again :D

Whats been going down?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Well a few of us are on F4W and it is King of the Board season. Basically a popularity contest in the style of a vote off. T'is great.

Here on Boards we have the Royal Rumble pools coming back and the big discussions over tonight in America (TNA vs WWE). We have a nice thread on Japanese wrestling for the puro fans. We have a few new posters coming every week by the looks of it too which is great.

More importantly I am campaigning for a Culchie forum. I hope to mod it if all goes to plan.

Thats it really except for a great thread in AH. Its photos that shook the world. All these different photos of powerful pictures that really evoke emotion and deep thought. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055750426

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

I'm sitting here early evening with some old mates, little bit tipsy on whiskey but we're getting curious. Would it be too late to consider training to wrestle? =/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Voltwad wrote: »
    I'm sitting here early evening with some old mates, little bit tipsy on whiskey but we're getting curious. Would it be too late to consider training to wrestle? =/
    It's never too late. You must believe!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

CMpunked wrote: »
    Thanks bro.

Meh to life ATM,
    Lost the job, back living at home, lost internet, dole cut.

But hey, new year, right?
    Was just thinking how this place seemed to have some mad craic about it a lot of the time so thought maybe I should rejoin and lose my sanity all over again :D

Whats been going down?

Welcome back. We have sound mods now its great we're allowed say "aight bah" without fear of the banhammer.

• Advertisement

Well a few of us are on F4W and it is King of the Board season. Basically a popularity contest in the style of a vote off. T'is great.

Here on Boards we have the Royal Rumble pools coming back and the big discussions over tonight in America (TNA vs WWE). We have a nice thread on Japanese wrestling for the puro fans. We have a few new posters coming every week by the looks of it too which is great.

More importantly I am campaigning for a Culchie forum. I hope to mod it if all goes to plan.

Thats it really except for a great thread in AH. Its photos that shook the world. All these different photos of powerful pictures that really evoke emotion and deep thought. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055750426

You are my hero. Can me and Ger be CatMods?:pac:

flahavaj wrote: »
    Welcome back. We have sound mods now its great we're allowed say "aight bah" without fear of the banhammer.
    So I wont get infracted for talking about ppv prices :O:O:O

You are my hero. Can me and Ger be CatMods?:pac:
    We'll see. Is it just me Fla or is f4w down?

We'll see. Is it just me Fla or is f4w down?

Grand there now for me.

Grand there now for me.
    Thats weird. It must be crashing or something. Good night everybody ;)

• Advertisement

Time for a 'I hate Hornswaggle' Superthread anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 54,282 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

ill get my shot gun

Headshot wrote: »
    ill get my shot gun
    whiskey typos not allowed :(

Hes made more money for Vince than AJ Styles, Samoa Joe and Chris Daniels have in their entire lives.;)

he must be the 2nd best paid midget in the world I reckon

he must be the 2nd best paid midget in the world I reckon

Gowan I know you're dying to tell us the best paid one.......:pac:

Gowan I know you're dying to tell us the best paid one.......:pac:

mini me

mini me

Thought you were gonna say Carlos Tevez.:pac:;)

Thought you were gonna say Carlos Tevez.:pac:;)

no

that would be an insult to midgets

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Just heard City signed Paddy Vieira and are paying him 150,000 a week. What has that sport come to at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

A 35 year old who does not even get his game for Inter. City already have De Jong and barry who are both very good holding midfilders. Muppetry

gimmick wrote: »
    A 35 year old who does not even get his game for Inter. City already have De Jong and barry who are both very good holding midfilders. Muppetry

Jesus he's 35?? I didnt think he was that old. Cant wait for Manchini to get the sack. It's inevitable, sadly. Hughes never should have been fired anyway, thats obvious. Things like this do the sport no favours at all

• Registered Users Posts: 12,093 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

What a test match between England and South africa, went down to the last ball again..:eek::eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

My apologies, he is 33.

Well, City have more or less said that if Mourinho or Wenger become available in the summer, mancini will be shown his cards immediately. And as it looks like Mourinho is on hios way, you may just get your wish ;)!

City have no experience in the midfield in fairness. Gareth Barry has been useless since he came and De Jong is very average. City could use a good holding midfielder like Viera.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Gerard.C wrote: »
    Jesus he's 35?? I didnt think he was that old. Cant wait for Manchini to get the sack. It's inevitable, sadly. Hughes never should have been fired anyway, thats obvious. Things like this do the sport no favours at all

He certainly should have been fired. Mancini is a great manager, much better than Hughes and he's never failed at a club. He's also a much nicer person.

I like Viera and he's better than De Jong but Kompany was very good for City in that role so if they can keep him fit he shouldn't get his place back but Viera brings experience and leadership to a team that without Dunne just doesn't have it as well.

Bubs101 wrote: »
    He certainly should have been fired. Mancini is a great manager, much better than Hughes and he's never failed at a club. He's also a much nicer person.

I like Viera and he's better than De Jong but Kompany was very good for City in that role so if they can keep him fit he shouldn't get his place back but Viera brings experience and leadership to a team that without Dunne just doesn't have it as well.

Why should he have been fired? On the day Hughes got the sack, City were the most improved team in the premiership in the last 12 months. Also, I believe the board said they wanted a 6th place finish this season. What position were City in when he got the boot? 6th. Ridiculous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Gerard.C wrote: »
    Why should he have been fired? On the day Hughes got the sack, City were the most improved team in the premiership in the last 12 months. Also, I believe the board said they wanted a 6th place finish this season. What position were City in when he got the boot? 6th. Ridiculous

The reason for that is because he did so crap in the first half of the season last year as well .They wanted a 6th place finish at the beginning of the season but reassesed after the failure of the top teams, last year hughes couldn't get the team to win away from home which is an utter failure. He's spent big but he's top loaded the team to a ridiculous extent with only two of his buys working out really well (Given and Bellamy) and he made the worst transfer decision of the summer selling Dunne for Lescott and 15m leaving the team without a proper captain and a defensive shambles. He's no experience of managing a top top team and it's he wasn't that good at Blackburn.

Mancini on the other hand has 3 league titles (2 legitamite) and before that got the Italian Cup with Fiorentina the year before they got relegated for bankruptcy and saved Lazio who couldn't pay anybody for 9 months by getting them into the CL and the cash injection that followed.At Inter he signed Julio Cesar and Maicon for a relatively small amount and they have turned into the best players in their positions and won inter's first league for like 20 years .Man is a phenomenal manager and a really nice guy

• Advertisement

Bubs101 wrote: »
    The reason for that is because he did so crap in the first half of the season last year as well .They wanted a 6th place finish at the beginning of the season but reassesed after the failure of the top teams, last year hughes couldn't get the team to win away from home which is an utter failure. He's spent big but he's top loaded the team to a ridiculous extent with only two of his buys working out really well (Given and Bellamy) and he made the worst transfer decision of the summer selling Dunne for Lescott and 15m leaving the team without a proper captain and a defensive shambles. He's no experience of managing a top top team and it's he wasn't that good at Blackburn.

Mancini on the other hand has 3 league titles (2 legitamite) and before that got the Italian Cup with Fiorentina the year before they got relegated for bankruptcy and saved Lazio who couldn't pay anybody for 9 months by getting them into the CL and the cash injection that followed.At Inter he signed Julio Cesar and Maicon for a relatively small amount and they have turned into the best players in their positions and won inter's first league for like 20 years .Man is a phenomenal manager and a really nice guy

In fairness to Hughes, twasnt up to him really who he bought, the board had too much say and told him to buy these players no matter what teh cost.

And do you know Mancini personally that you keep saying he's sound? Shur Hughes is dead on himself!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement