Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,644 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

oh jesus,,i see we have all the Man City bandwagon fans in the PW forums...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Gerard.C wrote: »
    In fairness to Hughes, twasnt up to him really who he bought, the board had too much say and told him to buy these players no matter what teh cost.

And do you know Mancini personally that you keep saying he's sound? Shur Hughes is dead on himself!

If that is true all the more need for an italian manager who's used to growing up in a similar culture with sporting directors and regardless of who bought who they have quality players playing far below their potential under Hughes and you don't know that, you're guessing it. Seems unlikely for an English club especially when Santa Cruz joined. The fact is he's not a top calibre manager and nothing hints at it. He had no experience dealing with those ego's and always got better results out of players who weren't in say Robinho's class like Bellamy and Ireland and he was awful last season. Not a top calibre manager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Bubs101 wrote: »
    He certainly should have been fired. Mancini is a great manager, much better than Hughes and he's never failed at a club. He's also a much nicer person.

I like Viera and he's better than De Jong but Kompany was very good for City in that role so if they can keep him fit he shouldn't get his place back but Viera brings experience and leadership to a team that without Dunne just doesn't have it as well.

I'd rather my manager was a right cunt of a person to be honest. managers should have a mean streak.

Viera's finished, anytime I saw him play last season he wasn't at the races at all. De jong is a much better player and has ben excellent for City. Kompany also is a better option. Total waste bringing him back IMO, makes Micheal Owen look a spring chicken in comparion. Not that the aul Arabs give a sh*te about money I suppose.

callaway92 wrote: »
    oh jesus,,i see we have all the Man City bandwagon fans in the PW forums...

No one talking about City here supports them AFAIK.

Bubs is Chelsea but more important a Serie A-Bot and I believe Gerard is a Ballybacon-Grange stalwart with a soft spot for the Ardfinnan footballers.

Who do you support yourself callaway bai?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

If that is true all the more need for an italian manager who's used to growing up in a similar culture with sporting directors and regardless of who bought who they have quality players playing far below their potential under Hughes and you don't know that, you're guessing it. Seems unlikely for an English club especially when Santa Cruz joined. The fact is he's not a top calibre manager and nothing hints at it. He had no experience dealing with those ego's and always got better results out of players who weren't in say Robinho's class like Bellamy and Ireland and he was awful last season. Not a top calibre manager

That's fair enough, but he didnt deserve the treatment he got. He was treated like **** for reasons nothing to do with him, in fairness.

and callaway92, I dont like man city in the slightest, I just think the treatment of Hughes was bollix, and a prime example of the lack of respect and sportsmanship that is really hurting the sport

• Advertisement

flahavaj wrote: »
    No one talking about City here supports them AFAIK.

Bubs is Chelsea and I believe Gerard is a Ballybacon-Grange stalwart with a soft spot for the Ardfinnan footballers.

Who do you support yourself callaway bai?

Why spend millions on Shay Given when ya have Brenny Cummains between the sticks

That's fair enough, but he didnt deserve the treatment he got. He was treated like **** for reasons nothing to do with him, in fairness.

I think his sack was 12 months overdue and they gave him plenty of time but he didn't fulfill their needs. They're treatment may have left something to be desired but they more than gave him a chance

I think his sack was 12 months overdue and they gave him plenty of time but he didn't fulfill their needs. They're treatment may have left something to be desired but they more than gave him a chance

He did!! They wanted City to finish 6th this season, they were 6th when he got sacked, that's what I'm saying!

You make it sound like he hasn't gotten the ride in a year the poor f*cker.

He did!! They wanted City to finish 6th this season, they were 6th when he got sacked, that's what I'm saying!

They were also on a run of 2 wins in a ridiculous amount of games. I see where your coming from but 6th last year is not the same as 6th this year.
    4th place is up for grabs and they should go get it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I hate snow.

I hate snow.

Why so Vince numbers, did you slip and burst yourself?

Why so Vince numbers, did you slip and burst yourself?

I don't mind a week of chaos but I've had enough at this stage. I want normality back!

I want football matches on tv! I want to be able to go into Dublin without any hassle! I want to be a teacher and not a snow shoveller/AA road watch man for parents ringing in at 8 o' clock in the morning asking me to make their decisions about travelling for them!

I want normality!

I don't mind a week of chaos but I've had enough at this stage. I want normality back!

I want football matches on tv! I want to be able to go into Dublin without any hassle! I want to be a teacher and not a snow shoveller/AA road watch man for parents ringing in at 8 o' clock in the morning asking me to make their decisions about travelling for them!

I want normality!

Its getting a bit tiresome alright now. The cancelled sport is the worst. If ist cancelled at the weekend we better get this draft started so I've something with which to amuse myself.

I had a 90 minute walk home on Wednesday evening. Have to say I quite enjoyed it, theres something pleasant about walkig in the snow and cold clean air.

theres something pleasant about walkig in the snow and cold clean air.

That is the 1 plus but not 1 I can avail of (well actually I can and do) but because of teaching in the area, I always feel like a snow assault is a real possibility so I'm a little on edge!

That is the 1 plus but not 1 I can avail of (well actually I can and do) but because of teaching in the area, I always feel like a snow assault is a real possibility so I'm a little on edge!

Was walking through Finglas on Weds and was terrified at the hoards of young pups looming menacingly with piles of snowballs at the ready.:pac:

Was walking through Finglas on Weds and was terrified at the hoards of young pups looming menacingly with piles of snowballs at the ready.:pac:

Now imagine how it feels when they look at you as if they know who you are but you have no idea who they are!

woof hic bai. pingu is very bad, shes thrown in the corner like a sucky calf rantin and ravin about the fact that lex luger should be regarded as the single greatest wrestler of all time. she very bad

• Registered Users Posts: 12,093 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

woof hic bai. pingu is very bad, shes thrown in the corner like a sucky calf rantin and ravin about the fact that lex luger should be regarded as the single greatest wrestler of all time. she very bad

You have some way with the ladies~:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Bubs101 wrote:
    That's what I mean though. I've known of Ibra's brilliance for ages but you have La Liga fans (like a certain mod here:p) who thought he was crap or overated until his move

Assuming it is me you are talking about here, I have to say in my defense, I had no opinion on Ibra before his move to Barca as I had never seen enough of him to make a valid judgement one way or other.

As an aside, I crashed my car Tuesday due to the ice. Lost complete control. I was haunted that there was no one coming towrd or behind me, and no one was on the footpath as I mounted that before hitting the wall. Luckily the schools were still closed as a primary school was just down a bit and its usually a busy road/path.

• Advertisement

Post of 2010 so far right here.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

All schools primary and secondary are off until the 14th. This is the best news of the year so far.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

*HIC*

I have to learn to reject women here

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Sorry to hear BH. What happened if ya don't mind me asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

*HIC*

Isn't it *woof* now????

Look into the BWE discussion thread to see why all the Taiwanese women want BH. What songs did ya pick, BH;);):D

A friend of min (Marco) works in a bar here aswell as learning chinese so we essenentally had a private bar tonight with only about 15 people and all the songs were selcted by friend but 2 mics were passed around, I sang a few songs but only chose to belt out House of the rising Sun. Love that song.

Taiwanese women are so direct though its awesome. Supposidly a girl im friends with wants to come to mine after her work tommorow and ill still be asleep for sure when she gets here. She starts work at 7 and is finsihed at 12. tis almost 5 now!

*hic/woof* whatever its all good for me. I just find it funny that im mash up atm and posting as moderater on this board... gotta love it

Xin Dja Qui la - my own pingin for happy new year in chinese

*HIC*

You can take the man out of Ireland, but you cant the Ireland out of the man. Good man the BH!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

*sings* Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow. *leaves to have a snowball fight*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Looks like 3D is going to be taking over in 2010. LOTR, Star Wars and other classic films to be re-released in Cinemas in 3D. also Sky is planning to show the FIFA World Cup in 3D on its own dedicated 3D channel in the Summer, guess its only a matter of time before WWE is in 3d too

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/film/article6982297.ece

• Advertisement

Looks like 3D is going to be taking over in 2010. LOTR, Star Wars and other classic films to be re-released in Cinemas in 3D. also Sky is planning to show the FIFA World Cup in 3D on its own dedicated 3D channel in the Summer, guess its only a matter of time before WWE is in 3d too

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/film/article6982297.ece

I really want to see the new alice in wonderland in 3D. I saw the trailer in 3D when i watched Avatat and it looked epic.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement