Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

2yycrhe.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Voltwad wrote: »
    2yycrhe.jpg

:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

nice

you look weird as Otto but it could fit long term me thinks, his name is Otto and he loves to get blotto :)

Wow, I had mustard?

Otto is some legend!!

S***. I live only up the road from the UCC and next door to some idiots who can't handle their drink (and maybe something else but that's their business). So much for a quiet week next week

There'll be nought quite about next week. Some craic, could possibly be my last RAG week in Cork. Going to have to make the most of it i think.

Anyone watching Leeds and Spurs?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Come on dirty Leeds. Hate Spurz

I'd love to see Leeds do well again, they look good but dodgy against a Premiership team in fairness

gimmick wrote: »
    Come on dirty Leeds. Hate Spurz

That went well then.:);) Leeds played well but Spurs were just better last night. Actually, I might put a few yo-yo's on Spurs or Man City to win the F.A Cup. Both are pretty good cup-teams.

I've ordered Sky+HD today. Can't wait to see everything in HD on Sky Sports/Eurosport (obv inc WWE)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Booked my holidays earlier for a week in Tenerife in June during the world cup. Awesome. Anyone ever been?

gimmick wrote: »
    Booked my holidays earlier for a week in Tenerife in June during the world cup. Awesome. Anyone ever been?

No but I was in Portugal for the last world cup. There's some craic on the streets after a Brazil game, samba dancing all over the place. They're some lunatics after a game are the brazilians. Tell the missus to go shopping when the wimmen dancers come out!

• Advertisement

Nah, been to Gran Canaria when Euro 2008 was on but not to Tenerife.
    The Canary Islands go mad whenever there's a big tournament on. Enjoy:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Jolt2007

Never been to Tenerife but on the football thing I was in Brussels when Spain and Russia played in the semi final of Euro 2008. The whole city went so crazy that night after the match you'd have thought Belgium won the thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Gerard.C wrote: »
    No but I was in Portugal for the last world cup. There's some craic on the streets after a Brazil game, samba dancing all over the place. They're some lunatics after a game are the brazilians. Tell the missus to go shopping when the wimmen dancers come out!

i was in Italy in during 2008 whe the national team was playing, it was absolutely ridiculous the level of interest they have in the game. Had unreal craic getting slowly drunk watching them get more and more animated and angry as the team got a hammering (can't remember who beat them but they got well stuffed).

Still can't rival the passion a Junior B hurling match in the snow and rain on the side of the Comeragh mountains on a freezing Saturday morning in January though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Jolt2007

:eek: Only just watching that. Still not sure what to say about it except :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Hey everyone, i know this isnt QUITE off topic but i dont think it justifys a brand new thread (i know there was one on it a while agho but i think it was deleted in during the database clear up) Im lookin to get brets new tshirt, looks class, but i dont wanna give wwe shop the retardiculous money they are asking for it (when you include shipping and sh!t),anyone wanna reccomend the best place to go? i know wrestling mania are pretty pricey aswell if you dont catch them on a good day.....any help appreciated!

right now to make sure this IS off topic: who's lookin forward to the match tomorrow? i think the italians are the perfect start (no offence to them) but we need a relativley easy oppositiion to shake any early cobwebs out! France the nest week will be really really difficult, coz we all know hoe good the french are with their hands!! :pac: :p

• Registered Users Posts: 86,422 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Jedward could be No. 1 at in the charts at the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Jedward could be No. 1 at in the charts at the weekend

proof ladies and gentlemen......there is no god!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

proof ladies and gentlemen......there is no god!
    Rather that than the horrible Haiti song. I know its for charity but it is pure ****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭michael.etc...

Hey everyone, i know this isnt QUITE off topic but i dont think it justifys a brand new thread (i know there was one on it a while agho but i think it was deleted in during the database clear up) Im lookin to get brets new tshirt, looks class, but i dont wanna give wwe shop the retardiculous money they are asking for it (when you include shipping and sh!t),anyone wanna reccomend the best place to go? i know wrestling mania are pretty pricey aswell if you dont catch them on a good day.....any help appreciated!

Have you tried euroshop? I dunno if it's in yet there, but their service is pretty good in my experience. I picked up the only wrestling t-shirt i've bought in a few years there (Punk's top rope one) and was well pleased.

Ebay's probably the best bet.

http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/*wrestlingsuperstore*/
    http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/Mad-For-Wrestling__W0QQ_armrsZ1
    http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/wrestlingmerchandiseuk__W0QQ_armrsZ1

These guys have alot of random stuff, so they may well get it in.
    http://www.wrestlingmerchandise.co.uk/official-wwe-t-shirts-16-c.asp

29-11 to Ireland. George Hook still not happy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

In fairness, that second half was painfully uninspired. Not a great way to settle the nerves.

In fairness, that second half was painfully uninspired. Not a great way to settle the nerves.
    Have to see the match tomorrow before I worry about France

So we get Russia, Slovakia, Macedonia, Armenia and Andorra in our Euro 2012 group. We surely can finish top of that group

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

So we get Russia, Slovakia, Macedonia, Armenia and Andorra in our Euro 2012 group. We surely can finish top of that group

Slovakia & Russia in particular will obviously be difficult but we gotta be pleased to have gotten a group without a single team that qualified for the world cup in it.

woulda been cool to get France though.

not the best possible scoreline in the Rugby but its a win and the real challenges are still to come. Hopefully it will be then that Ireland hit the form of last season.

didnt get to see the game myself (first 6 nations game ive missed in years) as I was trolleyed of my face with a Taiwanes chick at the time :)

Slovakia & Russia in particular will obviously be difficult but we gotta be pleased to have gotten a group without a single team that qualified for the world cup in it.

woulda been cool to get France though.

not the best possible scoreline in the Rugby but its a win and the real challenges are still to come. Hopefully it will be then that Ireland hit the form of last season.

didnt get to see the game myself (first 6 nations game ive missed in years) as I was trolleyed of my face with a Taiwanes chick at the time :)

That's a great group for us as we actually have a great chance of qualifying. The travel expenses will be huge though. Slovakia, Russia and Armenia aren't the best of places to go.

If we got France (which we did in the practice draw), we can assume the soccer forum will go into complete over-drive.

Wasnt' a very convincing display yesterday but it's a win all the same.

I'm sure you were, BH. Did you bring your "Lonely God" to impress her?;);):pac::D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

That's a great group for us as we actually have a great chance of qualifying. The travel expenses will be huge though. Slovakia, Russia and Armenia aren't the best of places to go.

If we got France (which we did in the practice draw), we can assume the soccer forum will go into complete over-drive.

Wasnt' a very convincing display yesterday but it's a win all the same.

I'm sure you were, BH. Did you bring your "Lonely God" pack to impress her?;);):pac::D

thats true a lot of travel to far off cold places but it is a group we should def be trying to win outright.

didnt know we got France in the practice ha like when Charlize Theron called out Ireland instead of France in the practice for the WC groups draw, and yeah the Soccer forum would been mental.

italy are a banana skin tbh as no matter how good you do you are expected to win but they are not a terrible side and can make it very difficult for any side to play against them. Are win is all we can ask for really and hope that we get the same result in our next game as we raise our game as the standard of opposition is raised.

nah finally ate the lonely god pack 2 days ago (Delish), until then it just didnty seem right to eat something with that name. But trust me that lady was impressed only just home an hour or so ago from last night and its almost 9pm here now :)... Taiwan rules

Not really big into American Football but it's Super-Bowl 44 tonight. Colts or Saints, who ya pickin to win??

Not really big into American Football but it's Super-Bowl 44 tonight. Colts or Saints, who ya pickin to win??
    Don't fancy Southampton too much tbh!

Voltwad wrote: »
    Don't fancy Southampton too much tbh!

True, how about New Orleans then??:D;)

• Advertisement

I must say the vibe on PW of late has been great. Hope I'm not jinxing it here but the mods must be mighty pleased :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement