Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

'Tis indeed. Can't even remember the last time there was any trouble. Amazing what an be achieved when you weed out a few drama queens.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

I disappeared for a long time after last year's draft because of some ridonkeykong infractions :( left such a bitter taste in my mouth. Less said the better really but the way things are now I can't think of a friendlier place on boards.ie

Voltwad wrote: »
    I disappeared for a long time after last year's draft because of some ridonkeykong infractions :( left such a bitter taste in my mouth. Less said the better really but the way things are now I can't think of a friendlier place on boards.ie

We were all the victims of some appalling moderating there for a bit, its to the lads credit that are in charge now and orestes before them that this place turned the corner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

SR went powermad. Was glad i was a mod and couldn't get infracted

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Oh are we doing this now? :D

I was infracted for commenting on the price difference for ppvs between here and the UK. Apparently it had no place on the PW forum, instead of simply moving it I got an infraction >:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Stop, stop, you do not give us enough credit :D

But ya, its a nice place to post and read now. Thats more down to individual posters than it is to any mods.

And lets leave out the slagging off of former mods. We all have our own opinions, but in the spirit of keeping this place a nice place to post, I would say we should keep them to ourselves...

Bubs101 wrote: »

Thats one way of putting it I suppose. If I said what I really thought I imagine I'd be permabammed from the entire site.:pac:

flahavaj wrote: »
    Thats one way of putting it I suppose. If I said what I really thought I imagine I'd be permabammed from the entire site.:pac:
    The Permaban sounds like an awesome finishing move.

The Permaban sounds like an awesome finishing move.

Or The Infraction.:pac:

Or The Infraction.:pac:
    Ouch.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

'Tis indeed. Can't even remember the last time there was any trouble. Amazing what an be achieved when you weed out a few drama queens.:D

There's a serious lack of Eddie jokes now though..

Remember that?

Remember the Eddie joke?

Gerard.C wrote: »
    There's a serious lack of Eddie jokes now though..

Remember that?

Remember the Eddie joke?
    do tell?

Thats enough lads. Anything more will be deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Does Fozzy still post around here? He's a good guy in my book.

Chelski running way with the title.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,094 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Does Fozzy still post around here? He's a good guy in my book.

Chelski running way with the title.

Aye a massive 2 points clear of United. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,094 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Aye the board seems to have ticked over nicely in the last few months. In another thread an admin dude posted this.

Based on posts in the Sports category on this site over the last 90 days:

Forum Posts
    Soccer 85546
    Cycling 23555
    Airsoft 21498
    Athletics / Running / Triathlon 20517
    Rugby 15846
    Shooting 13528
    Pro Wrestling 11696
    Golf 6732
    Mixed Martial Arts [MMA] 5132
    American Football 4129
    Boxing 3623
    GAA 3560
    Darts 3371
    Self Defence & Martial Arts 2412
    Motorsport 2298
    Winter Sports 1829
    Horse Racing 1476
    Equestrian 953
    Outdoor Pursuits 702
    Surfing 623
    Basketball 502
    Angling 471
    Rugby League 454
    Snooker & Pool 395
    Cricket 302
    Sports 290
    Scuba Diving 260
    Swimming 215
    Sailing & Boating 196
    Baseball 180
    Archery 151
    Extreme Sports 131
    Racquet Sports 77
    Sports Trivia 75
    Hockey 73
    Bowling 61
    Greyhound Racing 36
    Paintball 25
    Aussie Rules Football 19
    Parkour & Free Running 17
    Frisbee 13

Ahead of GAA(y)

Lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Jolt2007

Airsoft? Never heard of it but it seems popular. Wonder what it is, just not enough to go check. Poor frisbee :(

Just noticed D2Ds plagurism in his sig :)

Im in the miseries. Had one of the heaviest weekends of drinking in a long time. We even gatecrashed a wake........for a dog. I kid you not. Also managed to appaul a rugby pub by screaming "handball" at the start of the game yday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

gimmick wrote: »

Im in the miseries. Had one of the heaviest weekends of drinking in a long time. We even gatecrashed a wake........for a dog. I kid you not. Also managed to appaul a rugby pub by screaming "handball" at the start of the game yday.

What can I say, you're my inspiration;):):D:pac:

You gatecrashed a wake for a dog and shouted "handball" at a rugby match?!?!?!? Any top that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Jolt2007

Can't top it but I finally got my home beer brewing kit that I ordered before Christmas, so come back to me after I figure out how it all works and have a big batch of tasty ale on the go. Hopefully I'll have some stories then :P

Heroic.

Possibly the worst thing I've done drunk was go up to Ronnie Drew after a gig and ask him did he remember Luke Kelly. His best friend in the world like, of course he remembers him. Ronnie was none to happy, wanted to bayte me in fact. :o

Bob Fox's was it?

Heroic.

Possibly the worst thing I've done drunk was go up to Ronnie Drew after a gig and ask him did he remember Luke Kelly. His best friend in the world like, of course he remembers him. Ronnie was none to happy, wanted to bayte me in fact. :o

HAHAHA!! That story makes me laugh every time.

Mine was after a saw doctors gig, I must have been after my body weight in stout. I stole a hanging basket from an estate agents office and hopped it off the bonet of a car. There was some thump off it. T'was funny at the time though, thats the main thing.

What else have any of ye done when yer high on the loony soup?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

What can I say, you're my inspiration;):):D:pac:

You gatecrashed a wake for a dog and shouted "handball" at a rugby match?!?!?!? Any top that?

Dunno if this tops it, but me and the lads were drinking with some brits at the hostel in Krackow on Saturday night, anyway these boys reckoned they could outdrink the lads, after about 15 shots of vodka and countless beers, one of the brits just pukes all over the bar, while the rest of them were singing Irelands Call with us:D:D:pac::pac:

Super Bowl 44 is starting there in a few mins. C'mon the Saints!!!! Always going for the under-dog in games like this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Super Bowl 44 is starting there in a few mins. C'mon the Saints!!!! Always going for the under-dog in games like this

Big time, delighted its on BBC

The saints are underdogs on paddy power, are they worth a shout?

Big time, delighted its on BBC

Wishing Sky+HD was installed by now. Still waiting since Monday. Tonight would've been perfect for it. Hoping it's in before Arsenal/Pool game on Wednesday or before Friday for NBA All-Star weekend

• Advertisement

Queen Latifah cannot sing for her life.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement