Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Gerard.C wrote: »
    The saints are underdogs on paddy power, are they worth a shout?

I'd say so. According to the tradition Madden game between the two, the Saints won 35-31. The Madden prediction has been correct 5 outta the last 6 games.

An interview with ex-Spurs player Darren Anderton during Super-Bowl. Thanks Sky

Welcome to Super Bowl 44.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Wishing Sky+HD was installed by now. Still waiting since Monday. Tonight would've been perfect for it. Hoping it's in before Arsenal/Pool game on Wednesday or before Friday for NBA All-Star weekend

Its mental we dont get BBC HD OR Channel 4 HD with the auld Sky Box.. But wait till you see Wrestlemania in HD dude, its unreal:cool::cool:

Saints worth a punt for sure..

• Advertisement

Its mental we dont get BBC HD OR Channel 4 HD with the auld Sky Box.. But wait till you see Wrestlemania in HD dude, its unreal:cool::cool:

Isn't the Super-Bowl on BBCHD?? BBCHD is ment to come on-to the Sky EPG soon

I have 24 and 25 on blu-ray. The difference is really massive.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Just about recovered from last night. Engagement parties,copious amounts of stout and Bohemian Rhapsody on karaoke are a lethal concoction!

Nice, "What I've Done" by Linkin Park is the backing track when the players are being introduced at the bottom of the screen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

This is my first ever time watchin a full NFL game. It's very long but theres a bockle of whiskey to keep me company. Hope its good

Nice, "What I've Done" by Linkin Park is the backing track when the players are being introduced at the bottom of the screen

some production isnt it! who's doing the half time show?

• Advertisement

This is my first ever time watchin a full NFL game. It's very long but theres a bockle of whiskey to keep me company. Hope its good

the auld breaks are a killer, 15 minutes of play.. 30 minutes of breaks

some production isnt it! who's doing the half time show?

The Who

the auld breaks are a killer, 15 minutes of play.. 30 minutes of breaks

BBC is your answer then;):)

The Who

No way! ****ing delighted:D
    Yeah we'll still get them even though its the BBC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

This on ITV?

BBC is your answer then;):)

Yeah we've it on the BBC here now, no ads. Who's the best player or whatever? They're all going on about this manning lad. I'm lookin foward to The Who. I hope they do the really long version of Magic Bus, with the 5 minute harmonica solo

Bubs101 wrote: »
    This on ITV?

No, BBC and Sky Sports

Colts 3 up:( and our 1st break of the match on Sky

I'm a bit worried with the Saints atm, seems the nerves are getting the better of them

Another break, ffs

Just flicked over to the BBC there, why is the fella that presents F1 doing this??

Touchdown Colts followed by PAT (point after touchdown)

Colts 10 Saints 0

Jesus I'm not gettin this whole Super Bowl thing to be honest with ye. I'll watch the whole lot, it might get better please god

• Advertisement

Jesus I'm not gettin this whole Super Bowl thing to be honest with ye. I'll watch the whole lot, it might get better please god

Do you know how American Football works Ger?? This'll be a blow-out if the Saints don't score soon

10 - 3 Colts atm

Do you know how American Football works Ger?? This'll be a blow-out if the Saints don't score soon

Kinda, I used have a Madden game for the ps2, I've a fair idea. I used watch it on sky sports when they edited it to all play and no breaks or whatever for a while too.

Gwan Becks

Kinda, I used have a Madden game for the ps2, I've a fair idea. I used watch it on sky sports when they edited it to all play and no breaks or whatever for a while too.

Gwan Becks

Basically, you get 4 go's to get past 10yrds (each 1 is called a down). If you've missed 3 down's, you can punt (kick) the ball away or you can risk it and go for your 4th down. If you fail on your 4th down, your opponent get to go on offense from where you failed. A touchdown is worth 6 points while a field goal is worth 3 points. After you get a touchdown, you can attempt a PAT (point after touchdown) or you can try to "run" the ball the back into the end-zone for 2 points.

Basically, you get 4 go's to get past 10yrds (each 1 is called a down). If you've missed 3 down's, you can punt (kick) the ball away or you can risk it and go for your 4th down. If you fail on your 4th down, your opponent get to go on offense from where you failed. A touchdown is worth 6 points while a field goal is worth 3 points. After you get a touchdown, you can attempt a PAT (point after touchdown) or you can try to "run" the ball the back into the end-zone for 2 points.

Jaysus thats like reading a less stress more success book the week before the leaving about something I hadnt seen since 5th year! Good man, now I know whats goin on :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

The trick with American Football is to only watch one game a year. The last few Superbowls have been very very good as well. this one, meh. Two very one sided quarters split down the middle

The trick with American Football is to only watch one game a year. The last few Superbowls have been very very good as well. this one, meh. Two very one sided quarters split down the middle

The last minute or two there were very good. Hope the saints win

• Registered Users Posts: 12,094 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

To be honest one is probably to much for me. :pac:
    I am bored but I might try to stick with this as I have Heineken and don't work till the evening. :P

The Who should be fun when they play.

pinball wizard.... niiiiiceeee

• Advertisement

The who are savage. Teenage Wasteland is some song

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement