Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I Just threw up in my mouth a little:(:( dont ever look at that blue waffle link:(
    I didn't plan to ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Voltwad wrote: »

Only Pendulum song I know (thanks to Cyber Sunday 08)

Happy year of the Tiger to ya on Sunday, BH (I'm prayng that's the right animal and date) :D:)

Winter Olympic's are starting tonight and the Irish are taking part :) We have a few skiiers and a bobsleigh team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Voltwad wrote: »

What date? Saw them at download last summer, they'd be much better suited to a small venue rather than Donnington Park, would love to see them again to make a full judgement. They didnt blow me away at download to be honest.

• Advertisement

Gerard.C wrote: »
    What date? Saw them at download last summer, they'd be much better suited to a small venue rather than Donnington Park, would love to see them again to make a full judgement. They didnt blow me away at download to be honest.

May 18th - http://www.pendulum.com/gigs.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Just aswell it wasnt May 19th, or Kane might show up and burn the place down :pac:

I might go if it fits around my exams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Happy year of the Tiger to ya on Sunday, BH (I'm prayng that's the right animal and date) :D:)

I'm moving to China for a year and am sickened I'm missing this. Thought my contract would include two Chinese New Years so I'd get two free weeks off:D

Just heard on Sky Sports News that some fella practicing for the Luge event at the Winter Olympics has died. He lost control of the luge/sledge, went over the top and hit a steel pole. He was only 21

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Just heard on Sky Sports News that some fella practicing for the Luge event at the Winter Olympics has died. He lost control of the luge/sledge, went over the top and hit a steel pole. He was only 21

:eek::eek: Jesus thats terrible..

• Advertisement

:eek::eek: Jesus thats terrible..

Appartantly, he lost control and hits a steel pole at 150km/ph

Id be surprised if fatal injuries didnt happen regularly in the luge tbh, going that fast on your back, with nothing to protect you, but a helmet if you crash

Id be surprised if fatal injuries didnt happen regularly in the luge tbh, going that fast on your back, with nothing to protect you, but a helmet if you crash

Just saw it on YouTube. Horrific is all I can say. I'm not sure whether to post the link here.

I'm not going to post the video, just look at Eurosport's home page for a pic

Just saw it on YouTube. Horrific is all I can say. I'm not sure whether to post the link here.

I'm not going to post the video, just look at Eurosport's home page for a pic

Think the IOC have taken it down already, best move tbh

Think the IOC have taken it down already, best move tbh

Fair play to the IOC, horrible to watch.

The luge track is way too dangerous imo. The track owners had speed it up for all competitors for the Olympics but, today, it has come at a price. Safety has to be the main concern now

Fair play to the IOC, horrible to watch.

The luge track is way too dangerous imo. The track owners had speed it up for all competitors for the Olympics but, today, it has come at a price. Safety has to be the main concern now

If I was a luger, there's no way in hell I'd go on that course after an accident like that. Not just for solidarity for the guy who died, but for my own safey too..

No offense to you to but I assume the IOC knows more about luging safety than you two. It was probably just a horrific accident

Bubs101 wrote: »
    No offense to you to but I assume the IOC knows more about luging safety than you two. It was probably just a horrific accident

Fair enough,

I was just saying about how safety is very important after the crash. Clearly the IOC know more about luge safety than me and it was a freak-of-nature crash but if you see the video, the area where we went off has no protection what-so-ever. He got flipped from losing control, flew over the ramp/track and straight into a Steel pole which is right next to the track. Plus, the part where he crashed is at the fastest part of the track (95mph/140kmph) so the area with the steel pole should be made safe by putting up some sort of barrier.

Still, that's my opinion on it.

I dont rememeber criticizing the safety of the track but heres a good article from the New York Times
    The Whistler Sliding Center has long had the reputation of a super-fast course, with sliders achieving blinding speeds above 90 mph. Lugers are easily ejected from their sleds at such speeds, which is what happened to Kumaritashvili, who had been competing for the Georgian national team for two years.
    Training was suspended indefinitely and members of the International Luge Federation were called for a briefing.
    The head of Georgia's delegation also said Friday that the Georgia team may withdraw from the Vancouver Winter Olympics.
    "We are all in deep shock, we don't know what to do. We don't know whether to take part in (today's) opening ceremony or even the Olympic Games themselves," Irakly Japaridze said.
    Kumaritashvili was ranked only 44th in the world but, judging by other training crashes the past two days, expertise was not the problem.
    There had been several other crashes on the luge course. A Romanian woman, Violeta Stramaturaru was knocked briefly unconscious on Thursday and taken to a hospital after slamming into a wall several times.
    Several sliders, including four American lugers reported terrible troubles finishing the course, while the gold medal favorite, Armin Zoeggler of Italy, also crashed on his training run, coming off his sled and holding it with his left arm to keep it from hitting his body. He walked away from the crash on Blackcomb Mountain's southeast side. The course has 16 turns and drops steeply for 152 meters - the world's longest drop.

How many Cameos can you spot in this trailer!;):cool::cool::cool:

• Advertisement

How many Cameos can you spot in this trailer!;):cool::cool::cool:

I'm looking forward to MacGruber. It looks pretty funny but I'm praying it won't be a crap comedy like "Mall Cop" was. BTW, I noticed "Tick Tick Boom" by the Hives was playing

I'm looking forward to MacGruber. It looks pretty funny but I'm praying it won't be a crap comedy like "Mall Cop" was. BTW, I noticed "Tick Tick Boom" by the Hives was playing

Yeah the trailer looks awesome, and Val Kilmer looks FN hilarious! im looking forward to seeing it! Was that Hives song one of the Divas themes??

Paul Blart was fantastic.You just have to be in the right state of mind

Yeah the trailer looks awesome, and Val Kilmer looks FN hilarious! im looking forward to seeing it! Was that Hives song one of the Divas themes??

Nope, The Hives never made a song/theme for a diva. They were in "Throw it on Me" by Timbaland (see music thread for vid) and "Tick Tick Boom" for Survivor Series 07

Paul Blart was fantastic.You just have to be in the right state of mind

I wasn't in the right state of mind then for it. I found it to be pretty poor, considering all the build-up

Ah i just remembered which Diva had a Hives theme

Ah i just remembered which Diva had a Hives theme

Damn you wiki for lying:mad::mad:

Fair play to ya for finding that. That's actually a pretty good song

Ah ill never forget a good WWE theme song;):D

actually i must throw a few more in the auld music thread:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Blue woofle

• Advertisement