Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Some people think that Paul Galvin is misunderstood:eek::rolleyes:

This is a good old fashioned fight in the Kerry v Cork match. :):D

Good to have some rayl sport back on the box alright.:pac:

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Paul Blart was fantastic.You just have to be in the right state of mind

Haven't been in that "state of mind" myself in a quite some time actually. I miss it.;)

China eh, Bubs? What brings you there?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,422 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Happy Valentine's Day all guys and gals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

You too

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

My love don't cost a thing girls ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Happy Valentine's Day all guys and gals

Same to you:)

Completly forgot today was Valetine's Day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Heres one of everyone;):pac:

box%20of%20chocolates.jpg

Heres one of everyone;):pac:

box%20of%20chocolates.jpg

Which one to choose?? Eeny, meeny, miny, moe.....

Anything but the coffee one. I hate the coffee ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Jolt2007

That's a very iffy colour of green on some of them. Think I'll avoid those and go for the hearts:cool:

• Advertisement

flahavaj wrote: »
    Anything but the coffee one. I hate the coffee ones.

I'm on the same boat here. Coffee should only be a drink not made into a chocolate choice/filling

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

I only ever like the strawberry.

Voltwad wrote: »
    I only ever like the strawberry.

+1,000,000

Yes, there's somebody else who likes the strawberry one:):):D:D

+1,000,000

Yes, there's somebody else who likes the strawberry one:):):D:D

Don't like the strawbery one either, or the Turkish Delight.

You're up in the draft D2D.:D

flahavaj wrote: »
    Don't like the strawbery one either, or the Turkish Delight.

You're up in the draft D2D.:D

Booooooooo

BTW, thanks for the reminder, pick made

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Another feed of Guinness and karaoke last night. Ill. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Just watched No Country For Old Men. Anyone care to explain WTF it was all about??

gimmick wrote: »
    Just watched No Country For Old Men. Anyone care to explain WTF it was all about??

From our friends at imdb
    In rural Texas, welder and hunter Llewelyn Moss discovers the remains of several drug runners who have all killed each other in an exchange gone violently wrong. Rather than report the discovery to the police, Moss decides to simply take the two million dollars present for himself. This puts the psychopathic killer, Anton Chigurh, on his trail as he dispassionately murders nearly every rival, bystander and even employer in his pursuit of his quarry and the money. As Moss desperately attempts to keep one step ahead, the blood from this hunt begins to flow behind him with relentlessly growing intensity as Chigurh closes in. Meanwhile, the laconic Sherrif Ed Tom Bell blithely oversees the investigation even as he struggles to face the sheer enormity of the crimes he is attempting to thwart.

Make of it what you will (WTF am I typing??)

Cheers, but the movie, and ending made no sense. What happened like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Anyone else up to their eyeballs with work they havent the least bit of interest in?

• Advertisement

Gerard.C wrote: »
    Anyone else up to their eyeballs with work they havent the least bit of interest in?

Yep and instead I'm giving Draft hints to random people. ^ :rolleyes:

Yep and instead I'm giving Draft hints to random people. ^ :rolleyes:

haha touché. And im here asking people are they busy. Jesus between the two of us we'll get nothing done. If only I could submit my draft as my thesis. That'd be great. The 4 weeks of build would be essays that count towards continuous assesment, and the ppv would be the summer exam. You'd have to memorise your storylines and build for the exam. That'd be just lovely

Although, then we couldn't use wikipedia as a source of reference.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Cheers, but the movie, and ending made no sense. What happened like?

Read the book, it's a little less confusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

just heard on the radio that silent bob got thrown off a flight for being to fat :D

just heard on the radio that silent bob got thrown off a flight for being to fat :D

did he have anything to say about it?

zing

CCFC given another stay of execution. More lives than a cat.
    Read the book, it's a little less confusing.

I was looking for a quicker answer than that ;)

I was looking for a quicker answer than that ;)

Here.
    In the end, Ed Tom (Jones) has already decided on retirement (life) rather than bringing the killer (Bardem) to justice. He knows he found the killer. The Sheriff retires because he realizes that the country he covers (south Texas) is No Country for Old Men. So in the end, he sits at the table and tells his wife about a dream: he heads into snowy, dangerous mountains (his life as a sheriff), and a man goes on ahead of him to await him (the killer still awaits). And then he woke up to the fact that in real life he was acting out this dream. So in the end, rather than live the nightmarish, lethal continuation of the dream, he wakes up to choosing the safer life of retirement. He has taken the lesson from his forcibly retired colleague in the wheelchair: a life of disability isn't worth it.

Actually, the Coen brothers left a big clue when Sheriff Ed Tom goes to the hotel room (behind the crime scene yellow tape) where the assassin, Chigurh, waits. Chigurh has shot the lock cylinder out, indicating to Ed that it's Chigurh's doing, and BOTH of them watch the other's movement in the reflection in the shiny lock tube. Ed Tom draws his pistol and enters for a search, and realizes the killer is still within, given the locked window in the far room.

"Momma, take this badge offa me, ... I feel I'm knockin on heaven's door." -- Bob Dylan, and it's beautifully captured on Jones' old, wincing face when he sits on the bed. So rather than shoot it out, he trusts the killer not to kill him, and he walks out, without pushing it to the point where the killer's other victims utter, "You don't have to do that."

So rather than risk his life, he lets go of capturing his quarry and retires.

Recall that the Sheriff is narrating the past at the beginning of the movie, a clue that he's still alive after the action of the rest of the movie.

Telling his wife of the dream is the final act of letting go of his job, and the movie screen goes black.
    Sorry for the need to highlighting.

I'd say it'd nearly be a relief at this stage if they just wound ye up and ye started from scratch. Gutting obviously, but its just such a mess. Roddy Collins like? Jesus.:eek:

Ya, one way or other I am done Id say. I could not in good conscience be a fan of a club managed by that "individual". Complete joke of a club. To think that when we won the league in 2005, people were calling for the then chairmans head because he did not spend enough money to maintain the same level! If he were still there, we would be winning back to back titles now. No doubt.

On a side note - anyone else feeling like stabbing themselves in the ears anytime they hear that godawful "10000 fireflies" song on the radio? Bloody hell, its absolutely AWFUL.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Ya, one way or other I am done Id say. I could not in good conscience be a fan of a club managed by that "individual". Complete joke of a club. To think that when we won the league in 2005, people were calling for the then chairmans head because he did not spend enough money to maintain the same level! If he were still there, we would be winning back to back titles now. No doubt.

On a side note - anyone else feeling like stabbing themselves in the ears anytime they hear that godawful "10000 fireflies" song on the radio? Bloody hell, its absolutely AWFUL.
    Of all songs to hate nowadays its the Fireflies one? I prefer it to the Jedward song.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement