Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

I have never, nor will I ever, listen to that Jedward song. I couldnt do it. That fireflies song is desperate though, jesus the muck that passes as music these days. I've often wondered, if Paul, John, Ringo and George walked out to audition for the x factor or whatever, how far would they get? If you close your eyes and listen to the music these days, there is nothing that makes anyone stand out. They are all generic ***** who couldn't write a note, let alone a number 1 song.

I was thinking about pure taking the piss and writing a song, and sending it to Sony to see if they would like it. Something that would go down well on the radio and in clubs. Just to see would they reply

"yeaahhhh, we're goin to the pub, we're goin to the club, we're goin to have a drink, then we're going to dance and say ooooOOOOOOhhhhHHHhHhHhHh"

Poetry. Yeats himself would be in awe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Gerard.C wrote: »
    I have never, nor will I ever, listen to that Jedward song. I couldnt do it. That fireflies song is desperate though, jesus the muck that passes as music these days. I've often wondered, if Paul, John, Ringo and George walked out to audition for the x factor or whatever, how far would they get? If you close your eyes and listen to the music these days, there is nothing that makes anyone stand out. They are all generic ***** who couldn't write a note, let alone a number 1 song.

I was thinking about pure taking the piss and writing a song, and sending it to Sony to see if they would like it. Something that would go down well on the radio and in clubs. Just to see would they reply

"yeaahhhh, we're goin to the pub, we're goin to the club, we're goin to have a drink, then we're going to dance and say ooooOOOOOOhhhhHHHhHhHhHh"

Poetry. Yeats himself would be in awe
    Stolen and sent to a producer to get the right beat :pac:

Stolen and sent to a producer to get the right beat :pac:
    "BOM, BOM, BOM, BOM" should cover it. Original, isnt it?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,095 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

TV3 shoulld not be allowed to show football, the commentary is five seconds ahead of the commentary, ****ing useless shower of cocks.:mad::mad::mad:

Rjd2 wrote: »
    TV3 shoulld not be allowed to show football, the commentary is five seconds ahead of the commentary, ****ing useless shower of cocks.:mad::mad::mad:
    Even Setanta is better than TV3

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Shocking stufff, almost as bad as United are playing here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

its hard to enjoy it alright, especiallly when theres a shot and you hear hes missed it before its even tee'd up :mad::mad:

its hard to enjoy it alright, especiallly when theres a shot and you hear hes missed it before its even tee'd up :mad::mad:

My TV3 tuned itself out :P
    So I just got a stream. If it hadn't I would have put on some music and muted the telly. :o

My TV3 tuned itself out :P
    So I just got a stream. If it hadn't I would have put on some music and muted the telly. :o

Thats a great idea;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

I went to look for a stream for Man City's game against Stoke (being a Pool fan, this is an important game). 5 mins into the stream, there's no sound, about 20 seconds of movement and 4.40 of watching Wayne Bridge's face when the camera/sream got stuck on him. Damn Champions League for taking over all the good streams:mad::mad::(

• Advertisement

3-1 :eek::eek::eek: who needs Ronaldo

Not Lyon thats for sure

3-2 now, Seedorf with a cheeky flick to finish. Great game, hopefully the return leg will be of the same standard

Not Lyon thats for sure

Are they dominating Madrid??

Are they dominating Madrid??
    Stopped watching a few minutes ago but they were dominating the defense for long periods. Madrid were coming back though. Look out of Makoun's brilliant goal.

Wayne Rooney is the white Pele. That is all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Thank God this game is on UTV as well. Hamiltons pronounciation is a complete headwreck.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

flahavaj wrote: »
    Wayne Rooney is the white Pele. That is all.
    Fabianski is the Polish Taibi. That is all XD

Sol Campbell - Back in the big time

gimmick wrote: »
    Thank God this game is on UTV as well. Hamiltons pronounciation is a complete headwreck.

Hes a million milion million times better than those sh*thouses on TV3 anyway.:pac:

• Advertisement

Sol Campbell - Back in the big time
    He ****s up,scores,****s up again. The 2003 Diego Forlan of modern day defending.

Arsenal = Flat track bullies. :pac:

Yay, Liverpool vs. Unirea (who spilled the scrabble letters) Urziceni is on 3e tonight.

Anyone here into the auld betting? I've a few on this weekend on the ufc and the hurling, anyone else into it? Or are ye smart enough to put yer money in yer pockets and go home?

Anyone here into the auld betting? I've a few on this weekend on the ufc and the hurling, anyone else into it? Or are ye smart enough to put yer money in yer pockets and go home?

Aye I like a punt and Bubs moderates the Betting forum so I assume he has some interest in it. :o

I have been on a horrid run recently especially with my rugby betting.
    Whats your tips for the GAA this week Ger?
    I was told by three different people to lump on Wicklow -4 v Leitrim the other sunday and I forgot. :(:(
    They won by 7 points in the end!

Aye I like a punt and Bubs moderates the Betting forum so I assume he has some interest in it. :o

I have been on a horrid run recently especially with my rugby betting.
    Whats your tips for the GAA this week Ger?
    I was told by three different people to lump on Wicklow -4 v Leitrim the other sunday and I forgot. :(:(
    They won by 7 points in the end!

Stop, I havent won in a few weeks, I could really do with a good weekend of it.

I did up an accumulator with Tipp, Cork, Galway and Dublin. Cork and Galway are heavy favourites. Tipp and Dublin are underdogs. Tipp are playing a Kilkenny team that will be missing a lot of key players who are being rested for the All-Ireland club final. Shefflin, Cha and a few others. Waterford are playing Dublin, and for some reason, Waterford are pratically starting their b team fo it.

Ben Rothwell is 5/4 to beat Cro-Cop in the UFC too. Cro-Cop is done, theres no excuse for him being favourite.

Any tips yourself? Liverpool to loose tonight :pac:

I'm not the only one on it either

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055831750&page=2

Dubs at 6/4 seems very good indeed

I'm not the only one on it either

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055831750&page=2

Dubs at 6/4 seems very good indeed

No I will think of a few tomorrow, I dunno about putting Galway in your accum at 1/25 as it wont add much to any potential winnings. Surely Cork or Wexford would be a little more rewarding? :eek:

Thanks for the Dublin heads up, I might throw a few pennies on that. :cool:

No I will think of a few tomorrow, I dunno about putting Galway in your accum at 1/25 as it wont add much to any potential winnings. Surely Cork or Wexford would be a little more rewarding? :eek:

Thanks for the Dublin heads up, I might throw a few pennies on that. :cool:

Ah shur I know but I said I'd lob them in anyway.

I'll be up in Semple rooting my boys on Saturday night anyway. I get a fiver off a friend if we beat KK by more than 5 points. I'd say twas the drink that was in me that made that bet though, but shur we'll see :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Bisping and Ben Rothwell would be good bets to me even if I would prefer Silva and Cro Cop to win.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement