Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

eire4life wrote: »
    you do know wrestling is fake right?
    It is? :( Crap, years of my life wasted!
    Thank you for bringing this to all of our attention, i guess we can pick up the pieces of our broken lives and hopefully become civil members of society.
    :)
    orestes wrote: »
    Cillit BAN!

And the troll is gone

Aw, shame he wont get to see my post :rolleyes:
    Maybe i should PM it to him.

(Bet you have been waiting to use that banning line for a while orestes! :P)
    jeffk wrote: »
    If there is chris ive never seen it lol

You should put it there jeff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Why are Jeff Buckley fans so precious? Is it because he is dead? Do they not see the irony of complaining about a cover of a song h did not write himself? Swear to God, some people are just idiots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    ABOUT YOURSELF

What you do: Social Science in UCD-long story short I'm destined to be a social worker or work in human resources.

Isn't it some joke of a course though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I was the drunkest man in Ireland last night. God help any of ye if I'd logged in last night.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Bull Buchanan

were you in Cavan? i saw the drunkest man in ireland last night he pissed in the corner of the pub then fell into it haha serves him right the dirthy bollix, his wife had to collect him id say hes a sore man today

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I was not in Cavan and I doubt I ever will. I guarantee you hes not as sore as I am, I'm bet asunder and bagelised from drink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Gerard.C wrote: »
    Isn't it some joke of a course though?

It's a joke if you want to coax through college doing no work. It's difficult to fail coursework. On the other hand, it is quite a diificult course if you want to maintain a very high GPA, which is required for the Masters in Social Work.

All that being said though, I don't see how you can equate a course that is a stepping stone to the profession of Social Work as a joke.

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    It's a joke if you want to coax through college doing no work. It's difficult to fail coursework. On the other hand, it is quite a diificult course if you want to maintain a very high GPA, which is required for the Masters in Social Work.

All that being said though, I don't see how you can equate a course that is a stepping stone to the profession of Social Work as a joke.

I enjoy the not having to do much work aspect of the course myself. I was only joking by the way, I plan to go into Social Work afterwords meself too. Anyway i suppose we'd better not stray too far off topic for fear of being banished.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

This had me laughing like crazy... credit b3ta.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=72d_1229379765

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

What we all doing tomorrow folks? Eating/drinking watching Mad Men myself:cool:
    P.S The Jerk one of Steve Martins finest films is on UTV in a few minutes.

• Advertisement

Anyone get anything nice for christmas? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,785 ✭✭✭Kane-N-Nite

Anyone get anything nice for christmas? :o

I got some Dollars :)

Let me guess, you got something with....... Wheels?

I got some Dollars :)

Let me guess, you got something with....... Wheels?

Nope.
    You got money?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,785 ✭✭✭Kane-N-Nite

Nope.
    You got money?

I thought you got a remote controlled car?

Yes, I got Dollars for my trip.

Anyone else poisoned from booze? Its Saturday night, 8 pm, I have not had, nor do I intend on having, a drink. Huzzah for xmas :)

On the downside I have to go to work Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday :mad:

You didn't touch one over the christmas? Jesus I'd say I'm after putting on a stone in drink.

No, I had many. Thats why I needed to stay in on Saturday night to escape it. Of course that all changed again yesterday :)

Anyone else here on the PW pages not drink? :o

Anyone doing anything of note for New Years? I am doing nothing at all, but am heading down to West Cork early Thursday til Sunday to convalesce and gear myself up for the misery of a month that is January.

Of course then there is the issue of resolutions. My main one is stay fit (though the last 4 weeks have been 4 weeks of sloth). I would say something like get a proper education but thats poppycock at this stage of my life. Maybe finish learning Spanish and remember how to speak German again. Oh, and have an encounter with Carmen Electra :)

My resolutions are to watch more WWE in the run up to mania, and to get up for college. I predict one of them will happen. And I'm away to Dublin for new years with a few friends, should be fun. I personally hate new years, it's stupid and pointless. But drink is drink.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

My resolutions are

1. I'm giving up the cigarette's by the 3rd of January (Allen Carr book).
    2. Make 80%+ of classes next term
    3. Not going to get banned from boards again :D

House party for new years not going near the pubs.

If I can quit the fags, anyone can. Though there is the argument thati used up any bit of will power I ever had in giving them up.

Will Power? He lives down the road from me HAHAHAHA lollllz

but seriously, I have a question. Do ye think words like f-uck and so on should be censored? Whats the purpose in nearly 2009 in stoping someone from seeing 4 letters that they've heard and read a million times before?

If you cannot express yourself without using such words, then do not try and communicate. I think seeing curse words etc on a forum brings down the tone somewhat.

Of course, this is all making me a hypocrite as I have a foul mouth on me.

What annoys me more than anything is people who cannot/will not pronounce their THs. Peasants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Will Power? He lives down the road from me HAHAHAHA lollllz

but seriously, I have a question. Do ye think words like f-uck and so on should be censored? Whats the purpose in nearly 2009 in stoping someone from seeing 4 letters that they've heard and read a million times before?

This site is privately owned and the owners can enforce whatever rules they see fit. They don't want swearing on their site, so it's not allowed. If you wanna play in their sand-pit, you play by their rules, it's that simple really tbh.

There are a lot of younger users on this site, and it comes up a lot in google searches (googling "irish wrestling forum" is what actually brought me to this site in the first place), so I'd imagine they're just being cautious about people seeing a bunch of swearing on the site. Not to mention that imo it just looks crude and vulgar and has no place in a reasonable discussion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭herewegoagain

touché

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Plans for new years, either stay in and avoid the packed local pubs or go out with a few friends and join in the madness, undecided as of yet.

As for resolutions, I never manage to keep them but gonna try and work out a plan (fitness, work etc.) over a few weeks/months and hopefully stick with it :)

orestes wrote: »
    This site is privately owned and the owners can enforce whatever rules they see fit. They don't want swearing on their site, so it's not allowed. If you wanna play in their sand-pit, you play by their rules, it's that simple really tbh.

There are a lot of younger users on this site, and it comes up a lot in google searches (googling "irish wrestling forum" is what actually brought me to this site in the first place), so I'd imagine they're just being cautious about people seeing a bunch of swearing on the site. Not to mention that imo it just looks crude and vulgar and has no place in a reasonable discussion.

Aren't we very PC in ourselves? I swear the whole time, and I'm not vulger, I'm lovely. If you're going to judge someone on their habit of speaking, well thats just awful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Anyone else manage to get themselves off to a proper **** start to the new year?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Aren't we very PC in ourselves? I swear the whole time, and I'm not vulger, I'm lovely. If you're going to judge someone on their habit of speaking, well thats just awful

Actually I swear like a sailor myself, but not in a reasonable or mature debate or discussion, which is what this site is for mostly

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement