Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

BTW, congrats Volt on Everton's display against Utd, fair play to ye

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

(Rod)well deserved I thought :)

Voltwad wrote: »
    (Rod)well deserved I thought :)

Honestly, when Utd went 1 up, I thought game over but the Russian/Ukraine fella's goal was top class. Rodwell and Gosling finished their goals well. Ye'll get Europe next season if ye keep playing like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

...im in pain.

between drinking 2 bottles of Kaoliang (58% taiwanese liquor) with the local police in their station after hours, knocking back 2 bottles of Whiskey and a 2000ml bottle of Sake with the Firemen in the next town or last nights getting back to where we were staying at 8.45am after being out drinking in the mountains with 2 girls and a canadain busker we met all night im in bits tbh. That doesent even include the fact that everyday we were in Hualien our hosts father (72) tried to drink us under the table at every dinner time.

Slept on a rooftop, in a school, a firestation and a temple also which was interesting.

then throw in hiking up and down mountains, driving up and down the east coast on a scooter and eating some of the weirdest snit ever every day and that was a fkn Awesome week.

Chinese new year ****s on western new year tbh, happy year of the tiger all

Send us on some of that Kaoliang and I'll send you over a bockle of Paddy! How did you end up with the polica over there? Sounds like an almighty session altogether

Hey fellas

My band just finished a 4-track EP and its up for free download if ya's wanna give it a blast :)

http://kevinonabike.bandcamp.com/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Good quality EP there Volt, i hate hearing bands with **** EPs but those sound are great man, Are you gonna stick it in Tower in the New Irish bands section?

We'd need a barcode etc for that, we'll see how it goes

Hey fellas

My band just finished a 4-track EP and its up for free download if ya's wanna give it a blast :)

http://kevinonabike.bandcamp.com/

Agree the Quality is great, does "Searching" represent your trawling through wiki for draft picks?

We'd need a barcode etc for that, we'll see how it goes

Did you not get barcodes on your EPs? its not particularly expensive tbh, My band's recording an album atm were 8 songs down 4 more to go.:cool:

Agree the Quality is great, does "Searching" represent your trawling through wiki for draft picks?
    Haha.. it might well be a representaion of that! nice one ;)

• Advertisement

:pac::pac::pac:

Did you not get barcodes on your EPs? its not particularly expensive tbh, My band's recording an album atm were 8 songs down 4 more to go.:cool:
    It's only fresh out of the studio man. We haven't decided how to market it yet, just want it out there. hey we should gig ;)

It's only fresh out of the studio man. We haven't decided how to market it yet, just want it out there. hey we should gig ;)

Yeah big time man, i know the feeling, with my last band it took ages to figure out what to do with our fu*king EP.. By the time we did, any momentum we had was gone, are you with Dublin Underground for gigs? They're great for new bands to get gig experience. We got to headline Whelans, the Village and whatnot for them was pretty cool

Yeah big time man, i know the feeling, with my last band it took ages to figure out what to do with our fu*king EP.. By the time we did, any momentum we had was gone, are you with Dublin Underground for gigs? They're great for new bands to get gig experience. We got to headline Whelans, the Village and whatnot for them was pretty cool
    Ugh they rip bands off >=[

Ugh they rip bands off >=[

Never for us we got paid for every gig, not loads but it was alright.. I know theres some promotors that charge you to pay.. one in particular who i wont name..;)

Never for us we got paid for every gig, not loads but it was alright.. I know theres some promotors that charge you to pay.. one in particular who i wont name..;)
    I think I know who you mean, and he has man tits, he also wears make up.

Dublin Underground do a ticket thing where you have to sell 20 or so. They make a fortune off bands.

I think I know who you mean, and he has man tits, he also wears make up.

Dublin Underground do a ticket thing where you have to sell 20 or so. They make a fortune off bands.

Got it in one;)

Yeah it sucks the whole selling tickets thing but unless you pull in a crowd theres no point paying 500 bucks for Whelans,and loads of venues have gone over the last few months..Its hard to book venues.. Sucks being in bands in Dublin:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Jolt2007

The music itself ain't my bag to be honest but for what it is it sounds real good and professional so well done for that. Too many try to record in one take in their bedroom and try pass it off as a quality recording these days.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

:eek::eek::eek: is all I think of after reading that. You alone with a Canadian busker and 2 girls drinking in the mountains?!? Anyone else find that a bit... um... weird. You slept in a school and a temple as well?? Wow

trust me everything about that 8days was messed up, i dont have to be at work till 5 tommorow though so im sleeping in :)

Look what I got today:

sky_hd_box.jpg

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

:(:mad::(:mad::(

R.I.P Cork City F.C

Corkcityfccrest.png

T.N.B has killed the club I once loved. The man is a disgrace to football and to the county of Cork. CCFC could've still gotten a Premier League licence if he even bothered to leave the club but no, he wanted around 150k to leave the club. 26 years of history gone thanks to T.N.B

Anyway, FORAS, I think, have a 1st division licence so at least there'll still be football in Cork.

Still can't believe what T.N.B has done

BTW gimmick, you might want to change your sig

Who's TNB? I havent really being following the CC saga. Its a pity to see then go out of buisness alright.

Gerard.C wrote: »
    Who's TNB? I havent really being following the CC saga. Its a pity to see then go out of buisness alright.

Sorry, I should have made that bit clear. T.N.B = Tommy No Bobs a.k.a Tom Coughlan.

It was coming for so long but, the killing thing is, it could've all been avoided if he just left and leave FORAS (Friends of the Rebel Army Society) or Quintas (group/consortium) take over the club

Sorry, I should have made that bit clear. T.N.B = Tommy No Bobs a.k.a Tom Coughlan.

It was coming for so long but, the killing thing is, it could've all been avoided if he just left and leave FORAS (Friends of the Rebel Army Society) or Quintas (group/consortium) take over the club

This is the problem, money shouldnt play such a big role in sport. It just shouldnt. It's what's on the field that matters, not what happens in a board room. It's the players you'd feel for the most. Through no fault of their own they now have no club to play for.

Will you be going into the club shop in town? The last few jerserys in there, they might be worth millions in a few years :)

This is the problem, money shouldnt play such a big role in sport. It just shouldnt. It's what's on the field that matters, not what happens in a board room. It's the players you'd feel for the most. Through no fault of their own they now have no club to play for.

Will you be going into the club shop in town? The last few jerserys in there, they might be worth millions in a few years :)

I heard on 96fm this morning that 32 jobs were lost because of this and all players remianing under contract are free agents. It also said 3 player's wives are expecting. Very harsh on the players and staff.

The club shop has been closed down since October. It moved from Daunt Square to French's quay in the summer and was closed down because the rent wasn't paid.

BTW, I still have my jersey :)

I heard on 96fm this morning that 32 jobs were lost because of this and all players remianing under contract are free agents. It also said 3 player's wives are expecting. Very harsh on the players and staff.

The club shop has been closed down since October. It moved from Daunt Square to French's quay in the summer and was closed down because the rent wasn't paid.

BTW, I still have my jersey :)

Jesus thats awful. Its unreal how quick a club's world can get turned upside down in soccer, isnt it? You'd have thought SOMEONE would have invested like. Give one of the Abu Dhabi boys a call, they're filthy rich shur!

In other news, we're going to chance going to Thurles again this evening. Please god it wont snow this time and we'll actually get to see a feckin game of hurling!

Jesus thats awful. Its unreal how quick a club's world can get turned upside down in soccer, isnt it? You'd have thought SOMEONE would have invested like. Give one of the Abu Dhabi boys a call, they're filthy rich shur!

In other news, we're going to chance going to Thurles again this evening. Please god it wont snow this time and we'll actually get to see a feckin game of hurling!

I can't picture a Sheik owning Cork City. The thought of that happening though:pac::pac::D

It's being shown on Setanta Ireland so I can't watch it :( Think ther'll be kmuch of a crowd at it seeing as it's free admission???

I can't picture a Sheik owning Cork City. The thought of that happening though:pac::pac::D

It's being shown on Setanta Ireland so I can't watch it :( Think ther'll be kmuch of a crowd at it seeing as it's free admission???

Yeah should be a decent crowd. Just got word that its bucketing snow in Thurles, I dont think our lord wants this game to go ahead at all :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Rough day at work. I need to vent

I think I might have to move out of where I live because in 5 years time I think my safety might be in danger. It sounds so over the top but some of the children I am running into are doing such imaginable things as 12 year olds with pure venom that it's not plesent to imagine what they'll be like at 18.

Vent over.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement