Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Friend of mine works in a really rough schoolin Finglas. Some of the stories are unreal. And these are 10 year olds. Must be a tough calling.

Whats your story Vince, kids found out where you live and cauisng you hassle?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

gimmick wrote: »

Whats your story Vince, kids found out where you live and cauisng you hassle?

Ah no it's all in school stuff. I live near it but it hasn't reached home yet thankfully. If that ever happened, I'm not sure I'd handle it too well.

Anything that I have to deal with is small fry I would imagine in comparison to some other schools.

It's thus this year, I have coming across kids who I can literally see no good in them. And that's a terrible thing to say.

The agression and anger than some kids have is unreal. I won't go into detail as it wouldn't be fair but let's just say, it's difficult to deal with a cool head.

All I can say is, parenting is an undervalued skill and it seems to me alot of people don't even seem to know or perhaps care about acquiring the basics.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

So I'm left with the dilemma of washing dishes of eating pasta from a dirty bowl. FML.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Voltwad wrote: »
    So I'm left with the dilemma of washing dishes of eating pasta from a dirty bowl. FML.

Go for the dirty bowl. If we never hear from you again, we'll know what happened......:pac:

flahavaj wrote: »
    Go for the dirty bowl. If we never hear from you again, we'll know what happened......:pac:

Yeah good luck Volt. We hardly knew yee.
    I've mocks all this week and we can't leave early so I'm just thinking of Draft picks for half hours all the time.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

just eat it from the pot student style

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Anyone here get the Swine Flu vaccine yet? I'm supposed to be getting it this week but I'm a bit apprehensive about it.

Anyone here get the Swine Flu vaccine yet? I'm supposed to be getting it this week but I'm a bit apprehensive about it.

I turned down the chance to get it in work, all the HSE info shows its prevalence is declining rapidlt at the moment. Not necessary at this stage of the cycle IMHO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Swine Flu is just a fad. It's blown over now though. Can't wait for the next Bird Flu/Swine Flu

I didn;t get it in school and I was fine so you should be alright once everyone else is vaccinated :pac:
    Don't see the point in vaccines unless your immune system isn't up for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'm in two minds about getting it to be honest and I'm concerned about potential side effects but the family wants me to get it so I reckon I will.

I think it's worthwhile to have in case I go abroad and then get sick. That would not be pleasant.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,095 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I done something which terrifies every man abut something every chap should do before they die.....:D

Get the hair cut at Peter Marks:eek: I know you need to know this dont you?
    Anyways it is always a scary atmosphere, the female barbers always assume you're gay and try to engage you in conversation about Cheryl Cole, and then when they realise you don't care their is always an uncomfortable silence. Its still much more lovely and sadly expensive than most macho barbers.:P

Rjd2 wrote: »
    I done something which terrifies every man abut something every chap should do before they die...

Get the hair cut at Peter Marks:eek: I know you need to know this dont you?
    Anyways it is always a scary atmosphere, the female barbers always assume you're gay and try to engage you in conversation about Cheryl Cole, and then when they realise you don't care their is always an uncomfortable silence. Its still much more lovely and sadly expensive than most macho barbers.:P

dwight_eubanks.jpg

Ah lad.

dwight_eubanks.jpg

Ah lad.

Dont be such a hater Flah:pac:

Try it, you may appreciate the experience. :pac::cool::eek:

Dont be such a hater Flah:pac:

Try it, you may appreciate the experience. :pac::cool::eek:

The aul fella would never speak to me again bai.

The aul fella would never speak to me again bai.

Don't tell him, or even better bring him he may appreciate some eye candy making a ridiculous fuss of his hair. :pac:

Don't tell him, or even better bring him he may appreciate some eye candy making a ridiculous fuss of his hair. :pac:

The little bit he has isn't worth the hassle tbh.:pac:

I get my haircut in the hair dressers all the time tis a wonderful experience of all them hot polish women tryin to persuade you to get some footballers haircut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

I did it once for a debs, the mother insisted I do it to keep the moth happy at the time. Without knowing it, yourone who cut my hair straightened it. Ah lads the shame. Youngones after 3 fat frogs coming up going "Did I see you in Peter Marks today?" Totally morto much loike?

But yeah, I wouldnt do it again. The whole.... y'know.... testicles thing like

Gerard.C wrote: »
    I did it once for a debs, the mother insisted I do it to keep the moth happy at the time. Without knowing it, yourone who cut my hair straightened it. Ah lads the shame. Youngones after 3 fat frogs coming up going "Did I see you in Peter Marks today?" Totally morto much loike?

But yeah, I wouldnt do it again. The whole.... y'know.... testicles thing like

Ah Ger. Starting to worry about this forum.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

gaytest.jpg

Maybe you should take this lads:pac:

Ah Ger. Starting to worry about this forum.:pac:

Ah here now, I didnt even know she was going to straighten it. Twasnt a GHD job like, whatever way she dried it, it was just as straight as a ruler. I'll never forget looking at myself, thinking my hair looked like Triple H's hair, and thinking "what an utter spastic". True story

Ah here now, I didnt even know she was going to straighten it. Twasnt a GHD job like, whatever way she dried it, it was just as straight as a ruler. I'll never forget looking at myself, thinking my hair looked like Triple H's hair, and thinking "what an utter spastic". True story

Greatest sentence ever on this forum. You're still my hero Ger bai, even if the only straight thing about that story is your hair.:pac:

Greatest sentence ever on this forum. You're still my hero Ger bai, even if the only straight thing about that story is your hair.:pac:

Good man the Flah. That was the first and last time my hair was ever straight. By god did I make sure it wasnt straightened going onto the site on monday, jesus if the lads I was with that summer saw me they'd have come after me with the angle grinder id say.

Tis your turn to share a story to us now flah bai :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Jolt2007

Well aren't you all a fine set of wimmin getting things like hair cuts?! Be true men and let it grow wild, long and shaggy :P

Jolt2007 wrote: »
    Well aren't you all a fine set of wimmin getting things like hair cuts?! Be true men and let it grow wild, long and shaggy :P

My hair is long, wild and shaggy! I have epic hair. I've a bit of a beard too. In off the crossbar, 1-0 to ger :)

Good man the Flah. That was the first and last time my hair was ever straight. By god did I make sure it wasnt straightened going onto the site on monday, jesus if the lads I was with that summer saw me they'd have come after me with the angle grinder id say.

Tis your turn to share a story to us now flah bai :pac:

That'd be a haircut to remember.

I have no haircut related stories bah. Does shaving your pubes count? I was accused of that once on the IWW forum.

Not guilty.

Anyone on here watch lost last night? What did ye make of it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Heading to Dungarvan next weekend. Anyone know any decent restaurant and/or late bars?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

My hair is long, wild and shaggy! I have epic hair. I've a bit of a beard too. In off the crossbar, 1-0 to ger :)

even though i trimmed it recently id kick your ass in the beard stakes.

*hic*

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement