Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

stop eyeing up my goat you.

This one??

_MG_7899_wild_goats_moher_500.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

no thats dave Walsh's goat there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

no thats dave Walsh's goat there

Just laughed out loud in a quite library at this. Sound lad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Dave Walsh??

gimmick wrote: »
    Dave Walsh??

the bottom corner of the photo

• Advertisement

Just found out all non-slim PS3's think today is the 31st of Dec 1999. Y2K is in effect on the PS3's.

All games pre-trophies (e.g Fifa 08) will work but if you try to play a game that has trophies, it won't work

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Just found out all non-slim PS3's think today is the 31st of Dec 1999. Y2K is in effect on the PS3's.

All games pre-trophies (e.g Fifa 08) will work but if you try to play a game that has trophies, it won't work

Thats mad.

On my xbox the date is always the same when I turn it on. I think its december 2005 or something!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

nah we work off a system of bartering after my private lesson tonight i am now the proud owner of a goat named simon and after my classes graduation next week ill own a lil tea farm.

BH, what are you doing over there? I'm waiting for my Visa to do a bit of TEFL in Zhangjiagang

Bubs101 wrote: »
    BH, what are you doing over there? I'm waiting for my Visa to do a bit of TEFL in Zhangjiagang

thats pretty much exactley what im doing. why are you waiting for a Visa, is it just a china thing cos i got a 3 month landing visa as a traveller when i got here then work sapped that over to a working visa.

id def reccomend Taiwan over China, not that i have lived in China.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

id def reccomend Taiwan over China, not that i have lived in China.
    Well how is that fair then?

I could say Meath is ****e but I've never been there so I don't know

• Advertisement

well i know a lot of people who have done both and the general impression is Taiwan is an easier life. I chose here of China for a number of reasons one of which is you could be teaching 30 people at once fairly regularily there in a language they dont know while here i dont have a class over 14 and even thats pushing it. China is obviously a bit less open to the west too and i believe you are scrutinised more whilst Taiwan which obviously likes to promote itself as being different from China is def open to the west.

Im personally shocked by certain aspects of Taiwan life, like how there is no visable crime at all.

but i did feel the need to qualify it by saying ive never lived there because i havent and im sure you could probably find positive stories about China like ones ive had here, hell i raid some about the olace and considerd moving there but honsetly found less (virtually none) negative things said about Taiwan, and i was perposefully looking for the bad in preperation as i was moving across the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

You've had a lucky escape lad, steer well clear.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Dunno about that. had two friends in Erasmus in Shanghai last year and they said if you were white you could do whatever the feck you wanted. One of our other friends went over to see him and to prove this the original freind climbed on top of a taxi in traffic and pretended to surf on it. They also robbed a best McDonald's in Shanghai award

For no other reason other than I can, I merged to old Off Topic thread with the current one.

I guess you could call it a celebration/commiseration of my 7000th post. Only took me 7 years.

Go Team Me :D

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Thats mad.

On my xbox the date is always the same when I turn it on. I think its december 2005 or something!

Mines the same, it won't let me change it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

My avatar is now the shnake :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

For no other reason other than I can, I merged to old Off Topic thread with the current one.

I guess you could call it a celebration/commiseration of my 7000th post. Only took me 7 years.

Go Team Me :D

Savage craic reading the old stuff. This place was so sh*t for a while.:eek::eek:

flahavaj wrote: »
    Savage craic reading the old stuff. This place was so sh*t for a while.:eek::eek:

In fairness, the new mods have done a great job with the place. It's got character, personality, a neck, everything these days.

Gerard.C wrote: »
    In fairness, the new mods have done a great job with the place. It's got character, personality, a neck, everything these days.

gotta give credit to predecessors also, I mean i know i have but i dont recall having to ban someone, for def not someone id consider a regular on here. The previous mods weeded out a lot of the bad posters (although we lost some good ones too) and we have been able to just encourage the good posters since becoming the mods here.

Gotta say a lot of the things that ive found have made this board a lot better take a lot of paticipation from the regular posters. Be it the draft, the BWE, the HOF, Superstars of the week, putting questions to Gimmicks next interviewee or adding new PW streams everyone who posts here generally participates in such things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

BH are you in the area of the earthquake in Taiwan???

• Advertisement

BH are you in the area of the earthquake in Taiwan???

how big was it? i felt a small but long one earlier. I never checked the news or anything about it tbh, ive had a long day.

how big was it? i felt a small but long one earlier. I never checked the news or anything about it tbh, ive had a long day.

6.5 on the richter scale..

6.5 on the richter scale..

guess it musta been down south it was long but didnt feel anyway near as strong as that in Taipei... whas that on the Irish news?

guess it musta been down south it was long but didnt feel anyway near as strong as that in Taipei... whas that on the Irish news?

Yeah was on RTE news this morning, i think just because of the Earthquakes in Chile and Haiti any earthquake that large is big news.

Yeah was on RTE news this morning, i think just because of the Earthquakes in Chile and Haiti any earthquake that large is big news.

well thats a 5 minute long conversation im going to have with the folks next time i skype last time they were on about the Tsunami heading for Japan.

I like today's date because it sounds like I'm telling people what to do :pac:

Due to immense boredom, and having way too much time on my hands, i sent the following email to Glanbia
    Dear Glanbia,

Please bring back your "easy pour" CMP milk bottles. My kitchen floor has been ruined with all the spillages caused by you reverting to your older/classic style milk containers. We were spoiled for that brief window.

I can only assume this regression in milk bottle model is simply a cynical ploy to sell more milk.

Yours with milky wet feet

Oh the Irony.... My predictive text doesn't know how to spell Nostradamus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Due to immense boredom, and having way too much time on my hands, i sent the following email to Glanbia
    Poor lad :pac:

C'mon Gaillimh Aontaithe

• Advertisement

The AH thread you made kinda went sour :o:(

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055846665

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement