Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Gerard.C wrote: »
    Tipp bayte Kilkenny today, thats all that matters really :pac:

I heard the managers had a bit of an aul scuffle.

Always a good day when the Cats are bayten.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,095 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

a095b62ba601cdf2e9b5ff3.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I am due to be on Newstalk in a few minutes to talk about the new Cork City FC

gimmick wrote: »

Gowan the gimmick baaaai.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

G'wan Garry

• Advertisement

Was a good listen Gary, banter towards the end with you and oisin was great but the highlight was the David Brent comparison.

As someone who thinks Irish football is a massive joke I'm probably talking out of my ass but as a Juve fan I can tell you that getting relegated for no reason isn't the end of the World

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Tipp bayte Kilkenny today, thats all that matters really :pac:
    Great win. Killkenny are headless chickens without Shefflin though. Does Micheal Webster ever play well?

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Was a good listen Gary, banter towards the end with you and oisin was great but the highlight was the David Brent comparison.

As someone who thinks Irish football is a massive joke I'm probably talking out of my ass but as a Juve fan I can tell you that getting relegated for no reason isn't the end of the World
    It was unfair. They were a more successful club than most. Galway are in dire straits too but FAI didn't do **** to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

How'd ya get on?? Cork City Foras Co-op, what a mouthful of a name. Here's hoping to promotion outta the 1st division with in the next 3 years (a realistic target imo)

We were not relegated. Cork City Football Club was wound up by the high court. Cork City Foras Co-op is a phoenix club.

But, even if we were releagted, it wasn't for no reason. The clubs financial behaviour over the last few years has been deplorable.

And the banter with Oisin, we were good friends when he lived here and we still be in touch.

• Advertisement

We were not relegated. Cork City Football Club was wound up by the high court. Cork City Foras Co-op is a phoenix club.

But, even if we were releagted, it wasn't for no reason. The clubs financial behaviour over the last few years has been deplorable.

And the banter with Oisin, we were good friends when he lived here and we still be in touch.

True, shur we had a place in Europe before we were wound-up. There's no words I could describe TNB as a person without getting banned on boards. He killed the best supported side in the LoI (my view) with his "handling" of the club. All the money we received went to creditors. He had several chances to get out but he wanted too much money and the club was the thing that suffered.

Shorter journeys in the First Division for away matches anyway.

Premier is just a Dublin District League at this stage.

Any online link to your stunning radio debut gimmick?

They're the exact same thing. Sure some of the biggest clubs in Italy are phoenix clubs: Fiorentina, Napoli, Torino etc. but it makes no difference. Get relegated and keep the stadium and financial relegations are not what I'd consider a proper one anyway

flahavaj wrote: »

Any online link to your stunning radio debut gimmick?

Far from a debut. Been on Newstalk more times than I care to remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

flahavaj wrote: »
    I heard the managers had a bit of an aul scuffle.

Always a good day when the Cats are bayten.

Sounds like twas only handbags. Sheedy shoved Cody first, and cody about 5 foot taller than him. Good man Sheedy bai. Tis about time someone stood up to them. I hope we get them in the final again this year, jesus I'd love nothing more than to absolutley rattle them altogether in the final. Kelly scored 1-07 yesterday, please god that form will continue for the year

• Registered Users Posts: 86,441 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The Hurt Locker and Sandra Bullock won at the Oscars i'm in the money *does a Joey from Friends dance* :p

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    The Hurt Locker and Sandra Bullock won at the Oscars i'm in the money *does a Joey from Friends dance* :p

Very surprised Avatar didn't win Best Film

Liverpool are absolutely woeful tonight. Kuyt was lost and Gerrard looks so dis-interested. 2nd best to absolutely everything Wigan have done:(:(

In honor of TNA moving Impact to Monday's, I give you 2 stories I found on the web there.
    0011_kleenex.jpg

LOS ANGELES, CA — The Kimberly-Clark Corporation has announced in dramatic fashion today that TNA Wrestling's "The Monster" Abyss will be a new spokesperson for their Kleenex® brand tissues, when an immense large-scale ad was unveiled on the west side of the 5455 Wilshire of L.A.'s Sunset Strip.

Abyss – a.k.a. Christopher J. Parks – can be seen weekly on Spike TV's TNA Impact television show, and is most known for his crying and whimpering in the face of even the slightest adversity. According to Christos Gabriel, Marketing VP at Kimberly-Clark, this made him the perfect candidate to represent the Kleenex® brand.

Gabriel admitted being a closet wrestling fan himself, and seeing the potential in this association as soon as TNA released manager James 'Sinister Minister' Mitchell, back in 2008.

"For one reason or another," he told us, "Abyss has been crying ever since; with each tear bringing him closer and closer to our brand."

When reached for comment, Abyss was – naturally – in tears.

"This is the most beautiful moment of my life," he managed to tell us between sobs. "And I owe it all to the great booking of TNA's creative team. Without them, I wouldn't be here."

The deal – which includes a series of 4 print ads and two television spots – runs out in 2012.
    image.jpg

ORLANDO, FL — Hulk Hogan promised many surprises for his TNA debut this past Monday on Spike TV, but one of them apparently surprised Hogan himself.

When former WWE Champion Jeff Hardy appeared on-camera on the January 4th live broadcast, it was immediately assumed that this was another blockbuster free agent signing by Hogan and TNA President Dixie Carter.

However, the truth is far more dismaying.

STc has learned that Hardy was simply visiting good friend Shannon Moore, and had purchased a ticket for the show. However, he was seen arriving at the arena in an altered state and, as a result, simply could not find his seat.

The charismatic enigma eventually made his way to ringside – while an 8-man X-Division steel cage match was already in progress – and could be seen asking fans where his seat was. According to reports, someone jokingly responded that it was located on top of the cage. So that's where Hardy headed next.

"None of us knew what was going on," said Suicide, one of the participants inside the ring. "The guy just climbed the cage, sat down, and watched the show."

Forced to improvise, TNA cut to commercials and tried talking Hardy down off-camera.

"He just kept showing me his ticket," said Eric Salottolo, one of the security guards on hand. "When I informed him that this wasn't his seat, he appeared a bit embarrassed, and eventually climbed down to apologize for the mix-up."

According to Salottolo, Hardy was genuinely lost and did not appear to realize he was interrupting the broadcast.

"He's a good guy."

Once Hardy finally found his actual seat, the show went on as planned with no further incidents.

UPDATE : Two months later, there has been no sign or mention of Jeff Hardy in TNA since the incident.

Diabhal Beag, you sound the exact same as the Viper from the Hardy Bucks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,441 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Corey Haim is dead

RIP :(

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Diabhal Beag, you sound the exact same as the Viper from the Hardy Bucks
    I had a flu but that is what I normally sound like mostly

Come on LYON. Jesus Christ come ON! I am almost sick with nerves.

Come on LYON. Jesus Christ come ON! I am almost sick with nerves.

250 million spent on players and Madrid can't get past the last 16 :pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

250 million spent on players and Madrid can't get past the last 16 :pac::pac:

Love to see them knocked out:pac:

I find it difficult to articulate cleanly how much I despise Real Madrid. If I was not a mod, I would try, but certain standards have to be maintained :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,095 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Wayne Rooney is the best in the world at what he does. :pac:

LOL Ronaldo to be honest, sometimes the grass isn't greener.............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

€250 million, out already. Nani and Gary Neville get through. What's the world comin to lads?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

€250 million, out already. Nani and Gary Neville get through. What's the world comin to lads?

Ronaldo needs to take a few crossing lessons from Gary Neville!

At least for the first goal anyway.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement