Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

As for resolutions, I never manage to keep them but gonna try and work out a plan (fitness, work etc.)

The whole work and keeping fit thing is a bit of a problem for me. When I was in college I had loads of time (and energy) to go the gym, runs, walks etc...

Now when I come home from work it's so much more of a struggle.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭cichlid child

I don't believe in making New Year's Resloution's as I just break them anyway so whats the point :D

On the other hand Rock Band is pretty damn awesome finally set up my online as well :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I don't believe in making New Year's Resloution's as I just break them anyway so whats the point :D

On the other hand Rock Band is pretty damn awesome finally set up my online as well :cool:

You on Live or ... that... other one....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,785 ✭✭✭Kane-N-Nite

That "other one" kicks the crap outta your live. :P

That "other one" kicks the crap outta your live. :P

Seeing as cichlid child hasnt replied yet i take that as a sign that he has either:
    1. Had to much fun on live and hasnt gotten off it yet
    or
    2. Is still trying to figure out how to use home? or house? or maybe he got bored with it so he watched house, and then got bored of watching house, it reminded him to give home another go, remembering how awkward and fiddly it is, so then finally made the decision to trade it in and get a 360.

And now he hasnt looked back!

Well done cichlid child, i say to you, Well done!! You should be a shining example to all PS3 owners. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I don't suppose anyone knows any Norwegian people that live near Dublin? An odd request but I'll throw it out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

gimmick wrote: »
    Of course then there is the issue of resolutions. My main one is stay fit (though the last 4 weeks have been 4 weeks of sloth)

My main resolution is to stop procrastinating.....starting tomorrow!:D Maybe it should be to stop telling crap jokes on message forums!

Ah no, in all seriousness, my resolution is to get back into shape. Too much boozing, too many big a$s carvery lunches, and a lack of any form of exercise (partly due to injury; also partly due to laziness and lack of time) catch up on you if you continue such a routine! Monday the 5th of January is when it all begins, back hitting the gym 3-4 times a week and eating a proper diet full of protein-y goodness! Still can't imagine i'll do any less boozing, but ah well, sure ya have to do something wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

The whole work and keeping fit thing is a bit of a problem for me. When I was in college I had loads of time (and energy) to go the gym, runs, walks etc...

Yeah I've found the same, was more active when I was at college, had more energy, then after the summer and the 'brilliant' Irish weather, starting slacking.

I'm hoping to get back into a routine with the Wii Fit again...inbetween GH3 and Mariocart Wii :pac:

Seeing as cichlid child hasnt replied yet i take that as a sign that he has either:
    1. Had to much fun on live and hasnt gotten off it yet
    or
    2. Is still trying to figure out how to use home? or house? or maybe he got bored with it so he watched house, and then got bored of watching house, it reminded him to give home another go, remembering how awkward and fiddly it is, so then finally made the decision to trade it in and get a 360.

And now he hasnt looked back!

Well done cichlid child, i say to you, Well done!! You should be a shining example to all PS3 owners. :o

PS3 > XBOX 360

The truth hurts.

PS3 > XBOX 360

The truth hurts.

How about we stop bickering and put our differences aside and acknowledge the fact that both our representative consoles are awsome? :o

• Advertisement

.............Fair enough.............................................

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

Yeah I've found the same, was more active when I was at college, had more energy, then after the summer and the 'brilliant' Irish weather, starting slacking.

I've found the exact same. I've been out of college since Sept 07 and have struggled to maintain an exercise routine ever since. I had a solid few months early in this year but since I went traveling and changed jobs, it's been a disaster!

The big problem at the moment is that I have work as well as professional exams to study for. Trying to fit in the gym as well as social life is gonna be tough but i'm determined to do it all in 09!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

...inbetween GH3 and Mariocart Wii :pac:

Whats GH3? Mariocart Wii is the job.

I have a chest infection. I am not best pleased about that :rolleyes:

I have a chest infection. I am not best pleased about that :rolleyes:

Guitar hero 3 is my bet.

Anyone else think mariokart gets old quick?

Guitar hero 3 is my bet.

Anyone else think mariokart gets old quick?

Got it in one :)

Had some help to set up Mariocart Wii to play it online the other night and ended up playing it with a friend for about an hour or so, good laugh....although it did prove that I need more practice lol.

RRC, you play GH:WT and/or RB?

RRC, you play GH:WT and/or RB?

Nope, only got GH3 for christmas, but I'll probably end up getting GHWT at some point though!

Wii is online as well? That could be the job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

If it wasn't so ****, yeah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 ShaneR84

<snip - orestes>

NSFW, do not do that again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭JohnJericho

Many people on here heading out next Fri and Sat night? I reckon it should be an awesome night

Im going to Barcelona next weekend and am going mad it clashes with the festivities in Dublin. I would have traveled up Friday for the Joe Rogan show, and obviously have stayed until Sunday. Ah well.

On a semi related subject, has there ever been a bigger muppet on TUF than Junie Browning? Or to rephrase, is there a bigger muppet anywhere on TV? I realise I am a bit late in this commentary, but I am just finished watching TUF 8.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭JohnJericho

What other shows are in town the night of Rogan and the UFC?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Im going to Barcelona next weekend and am going mad it clashes with the festivities in Dublin. I would have traveled up Friday for the Joe Rogan show, and obviously have stayed until Sunday. Ah well.

On a semi related subject, has there ever been a bigger muppet on TUF than Junie Browning? Or to rephrase, is there a bigger muppet anywhere on TV? I realise I am a bit late in this commentary, but I am just finished watching TUF 8.

I liked Junie thought he was very entertaining and his bout on the Ultimate finale showed a massive improvement in his skills. I look forward to seeing him fight again. He said he acted the way he did in the house to get attention so people would talk about him and remember him, and it worked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭Sunset V

I didn't have access to internet over the Christmas period. Only back in the swing of internet functions now. Is it me or is this place really dead lately? Where is ShawnRaven or Rovert?

Sunset V wrote: »
    I didn't have access to internet over the Christmas period. Only back in the swing of internet functions now. Is it me or is this place really dead lately? Where is ShawnRaven or Rovert?

Welcome back to you anyway. :)

Basically when orsetes and vince took over from fozzy they started really laying down the law.

Rovert and Shawn were two who did and rovert must have just taken it as the last straw and just never came back.
    Seems to be shawn has been just keeping quiet as of late, (this is gonna sound mega stalkerish) but i was thinking he left too, but then a few days ago seen he thanked a post post by someone, so he is about. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Welcome back to you anyway. :)

Basically when orsetes and vince took over from fozzy they started really laying down the law.

Rovert and Shawn were two who did and rovert must have just taken it as the last straw and just never came back.
    Seems to be shawn has been just keeping quiet as of late, (this is gonna sound mega stalkerish) but i was thinking he left too, but then a few days ago seen he thanked a post post by someone, so he is about. ;)

Stalker! :P

Seriously, i was always told that if i can't think of anything positive or constructive, to not bother saying anything at all, and lately, that's how i feel about Pro Wrestling, so that does play a big part of the reason of why i stopped bothering to post on PW, i'm still very much active in Rock & Metal and Guitar Hero though.

rovert is still around too, i've seen him post in MMA. :)

Are we allowed say who we have on our ignore lists, or does that count as baiting? I mean like, naming them, but not saying why they are there?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Are we allowed say who we have on our ignore lists, or does that count as baiting? I mean like, naming them, but not saying why they are there?

I honestly would never put anyone on my ignore list, I just cant get that angry with someone over the net. :)

• Advertisement

Actually, that was a stupid post on my behalf.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement