Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

= Ireland needs more mountains and crazy chicks who want you to hike them at like 4am on a Saturday night. I agree

You'd never know, I could take a funny turn and head up Slievenamon after the pubs close in Da Mel. Bockle of Poitin and a few auld whoors from the town, you'd never know!

We should have the first PW beers up a mountain. There's a project for you now BH. We'll go up the Wicklow Mountains and look for Martin Cahill's paintings, we could inherit a fortune out of our session!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Gerard.C wrote: »
    You'd never know, I could take a funny turn and head up Slievenamon after the pubs close in Da Mel. Bockle of Poitin and a few auld whoors from the town, you'd never know!

We should have the first PW beers up a mountain. There's a project for you now BH. We'll go up the Wicklow Mountains and look for Martin Cahill's paintings, we could inherit a fortune out of our session!

one day a PW beers will work but methinks it wont be up a mountain unfortunatley but hey if anyone on boards ever winds up randomly teaching English in Taiwan in their year or two after college etc then we got plenty o those very very very big hills here.

one day a PW beers will work but methinks it wont be up a mountain unfortunatley but hey if anyone on boards ever winds up randomly teaching English in Taiwan in their year or two after college etc then we got plenty o those very very very big hills here.

We can always dream... the first ever boards PW beers, up the side of a mountain. That'll be the dream :cool:

We can always dream... the first ever boards PW beers, up the side of a mountain. That'll be the dream :cool:

i was at the first soccer beers (when only a handfull arrived) and until ive been in Taiwan have always said id attend a PW beers (atleast 3 times id say) but the problem has always been location. Dublin (and perhaps a show) is obviously the logical location but a lot of our most regular contributers are from all around the country and usually cant make it especially if its going to be a small turnout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭davrho

Please tell me Mowbray has been sacked.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I'm around Shanghai for a year after April 5th. Praying for a UFC China.

BTW, BH. Did you get any shots or anything before heading out?

Bubs101 wrote: »
    I'm around Shanghai for a year after April 5th. Praying for a UFC China.

BTW, BH. Did you get any shots or anything before heading out?

nope i was told that i didnt need any and that Taiwan would be essentially the same as home for things like that which turned out to be true. Assume China would be the same but Mosquito's are lil bastards to us pasty Irishmen ill tells ya

davrho wrote: »
    Please tell me Mowbray has been sacked.

No, but he is "taking the blame" for the loss. That was sound of him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

:pac::pac::pac: This is Unreal:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

No, but he is "taking the blame" for the loss. That was sound of him
    Sacked now it would appear. For all of you unhappy Celtic fans I can cheer you up. Go to google, type in 'who's the cutest?' and press 'I'm feeling lucky'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Voltwad wrote: »
    Sacked now it would appear. For all of you unhappy Celtic fans I can cheer you up. Go to google, type in 'who's the cutest?' and press 'I'm feeling lucky'.

:pac::pac::pac::pac:

I was fairly worried after the last thing you told us to google was "blue..well, you know"

I was fairly worried after the last thing you told us to google was "blue..well, you know"
    This is much more self-fulfilling (well it was for me anyway!)

AND HANG ON! I'm fairly sure I said to never google it :pac:

+1
    When i see the words Voltwad and google im immediately get worried:pac::pac:

Just handed in my thesis there bais, by god is there a weight off my shoulders now!!

Just handed in my thesis there bais, by god is there a weight off my shoulders now!!

Holy sh*t Ger how you manage to a thesis and keep up with the draft:eek::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Draft is far more important at this stage. Thesis Schmesis.

Holy sh*t Ger how you manage to a thesis and keep up with the draft:eek::pac:

Tellin ya, I'm not as thick as I look! Shur I've been on boards every day the last while since I was using me laptop working on the thesis. I developed a lovely little 20 min work, 5 min boards routine. Hopefully the boards bit wont do damage to me final result!! :pac: I'd say I put more thought into the draft than I did the whole thesis :cool:

gimmick wrote: »
    Draft is far more important at this stage. Thesis Schmesis.

Shur dont I know it!! Priorities and all that

Tellin ya, I'm not as thick as I look! Shur I've been on boards every day the last while since I was using me laptop working on the thesis. I developed a lovely little 20 min work, 5 min boards routine. Hopefully the boards bit wont do damage to me final result!! :pac: I'd say I put more thought into the draft than I did the whole thesis :cool:

Hahaaha fair play:pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement

Hahaaha fair play:pac::pac::pac:

So whats keeping waltersobchak occupied between now and sunday night tell me?

So whats keeping waltersobchak occupied between now and sunday night tell me?

Not much tbh, Im on a break from my regular job as a chef,(the 80+ hours a week were taking ther toll:( ) for the last few months, to just enjoy the remainer of my youth:pac: But my band keeps me occupied we recording an album at the mo, once or twice a week we'll be recording..

Not much tbh, Im on a break from my regular job as a chef,(the 80+ hours a week were taking ther toll:( ) for the last few months, to just enjoy the remainer of my youth:pac: But my band keeps me occupied we recording an album at the mo, once or twice a week we'll be recording..

Are ye putting the album online? What kinda music do ye play?

Are ye putting the album online? What kinda music do ye play?

Ah yeah.. everytime we record a tune we put it up on Facebook, it started out just as a laugh, to kind of amuse our friends, which it basically still is! Its kinda 1980's inspired chessy rock,like Def Leppard,Van Halen etc etc with ridiculous lyric's, heres our Facebook

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Glitter-Lounge/123680153047?ref=ts#!/pages/The-Glitter-Lounge/123680153047?ref=ts

Definitely not too be taken too seriously:pac:. I play guitar:o

Def Leppard and Van Halen? YES!

I'll have a look now and see what the craic is!

Def Leppard and Van Halen? YES!

I'll have a look now and see what the craic is!

:pac::pac:

:pac::pac:

Sex on Tap is deadly. Its not bad at all now I must say. Well done to ye!

Sex on Tap is deadly. Its not bad at all now I must say. Well done to ye!

Cheers dude.. ah its more a laugh than anything to be honest!

Cheers dude.. ah its more a laugh than anything to be honest!

People say Spinal Tap is only a laugh though lad, and they're ****in loaded! Do ye do many gigs?

The Tap did a "one night only world tour" in the 02 in England last year haha

• Advertisement

People say Spinal Tap is only a laugh though lad, and they're ****in loaded! Do ye do many gigs?

The Tap did a "one night only world tour" in the 02 in England last year haha

That very true.. did you see them do this at Live Earth?:pac:

Ah no gigs lined up yet, i reckon we'll only ever play in Japan everyone's big over there:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement