Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Dublin will have a big say in the Leinster Championship by the looks of things which is great for the sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Tough week for Barca, gimmick. Arsenal home then Madrid away.

I can't wait for "El Classico" next week!!

Tough week for Barca, gimmick. Arsenal home then Madrid away.

I can't wait for "El Classico" next week!!
    El Classico means less this year. Madrid are nowhere near as good as they should be with the hundreds of millions they spent.

El Classico means less this year. Madrid are nowhere near as good as they should be with the hundreds of millions they spent.

It really proves that money can't buy everything. Predictions??

It really proves that money can't buy everything. Predictions??
    2-0 to Barca

• Advertisement

2-0 to Barca

Yeah, I can see that happening. Madrid might squeak 1 (I can't see it happening though)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Pretty odd statement considering it could decide the destination of the title.

Real cannot do much more domestically this season. They have scored at least 3 goals in their last 10 league games, while in their last 3 away games they have scored 10!

The Clasico is shaping up nicely. Hopefully racing can do us a favour and take some points from the fascists, but that is highly unlikely.

Barca will do Real. Apart from Higuain and CR9, Barca are far superior in every department.

They have not been good enough. They got knocked out early from Europe by Lyon who spent a fraction of the amount Real spent. They should really have overtaken Barca in all domestic departments.

They got knocked out of the Copa del Rey by Second Division B team!!!!!! 4-1 on aggregate too.

They do have a game in hand but I can't believe how much they have underperformed.

A team takes time to gel. Yes, they should have done better in Europe, but their league form is beyond reproach. They are 100% at home, and have only dropped points in 5 matches.

They have nothing to play if they don't win the league for and if they lose to Barca (a huge possibility) their season is over. Over 200 million spent with nothing to show for it. Not even Copa del Rey. That is unexceptable for their stature and the budgets they spent since Perez regained his position.

• Advertisement

Ya, I see your point, but I would not be dismissing them too easily. Nor would I call it abject failure. Perez would, but he is not a rational football person.

gimmick wrote: »
    Ya, I see your point, but I would not be dismissing them too easily. Nor would I call it abject failure. Perez would, but he is not a rational football person.
    No chance he would admit that it was a failure. He would use the excuse that it is one step on a big staircase to greatness or some other BS. A big year of football gone to waste and several top-class internationals without any success like Casillas, Ronaldo and Kaka without any trophies before a World Cup and that is a big danger.

^ I'll argue with that tomorrow.

Meanwhile, on SSN there is highlights of wimminz football. Its adorable.

Speaking of adorable, the final scene of Kill Bill is on Sky 155 now. Awesomeness. Hurrah for not wearing pants.

Insomna is a bitch. ARGUE MY POINT :p

I will when I can form a proper sentense. You are not wrong in what you are saying, but you are just not correct enough :)

I will when I can form a proper sentense. You are not wrong in what you are saying, but you are just not correct enough :)
    I've been drinking all day and I'm sober since 1ish. I can beat your point ;)

Nope.

On my own ringing radio internet shows :( Have to stay wawke for 18 more hours

Ugh... I hate rain and strong winds:mad::(:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Ugh... I hate rain and strong winds:mad::(:(
    If it makes you feel any better, they probably hate you too :)

Voltwad wrote: »
    If it makes you feel any better, they probably hate you too :)

Cheers!!!!

Hang on, they have feelings now??

Anyone here into their fitness etc? I have a little regime going at the moment, but am wondering is it mis placed time as I am seeing very few positives.

Generally I will do 50-75 press ups every week morning and 20-25 squats.

I will do 2.5 miles on the treadmill 3 times a week.

I am not fat, not even heavy, I just need to lose a bit of beer belly. Now rather than giving up beer (never gonna happen), I am looking at how to burn it off as that is my only "problem area". Because other than that I am a flah!

Maybe a tragic affair with a teenager would burn off those unseemly pounds :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Anyone here into their fitness etc? I have a little regime going at the moment, but am wondering is it mis placed time as I am seeing very few positives.

I am not fat, not even heavy, I just need to lose a bit of beer belly. Now rather than giving up beer (never gonna happen), I am looking at how to burn it off as that is my only "problem area". Because other than that I am a flah!

If its the beer gut you want to specifically work on then do more exercises that concentrates on that area. Different varieties of sit ups and curls will do the job.

I also find that rather than doing longer runs on the treadmill, a much better way of toning up is to do shorter sharper bursts of aerobic exercise.

Do 800 m at a very fast jog, then take a break for a few mins, repeat twice more. Will do you much more good than just joging blindly for 2.5 k in my experience.

Other than that I'd imagine a young wan would knock a bit of sweat outa ya alright.:pac:

Being a Flah is good, has worked out well for me LOL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Give this a go gimmick in conjunction with your other workout, you'll definitely notice a differance, its a serious little workout for your stomach..

Ah ya, running non stop for a long period does you no good, I generally do 4 minutes of a decent paced run, 2-3 minutes of a fast walk and then back to running. Better for your heart that way anyway.

I also just invested in a weights set. With a marriage approaching, I ned to be in peak shape, especially as the future missus is putting me to shame in her regime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Give this a go gimmick in conjunction with your other workout, you'll definitely notice a differance, its a serious little workout for your stomach..

Simon Dean lives. Sexy bastard.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

flahavaj wrote: »
    Simon Dean lives. Sexy bastard.:pac:

Hahahha yeah all he need is the motor cart thing:pac: its cheesy as fu*k but man does it work..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Jolt2007

If you're just doing the same numbers every time you wont see much difference. You need to push yourself further each time. Try doing burpees too. Stupid name but they're murder http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/rossboxing2.htm Brilliant lil article that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

something that i find that helps with press-ups is instead of counting how many you do, count a second more each time you hold before rising again. The longer you hold the harder it is, especially when you have just held for 20secs or something going for your 21st push up is that much harder. Like jolt says then it is all about increasing your numbers. start at a relatively easy number and start trying to go up in 5s when it gets tough stay at the same level for a few days then start increasing the volume again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement