Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

You really need to go to Ranting and raving:):)

:pac::pac: Ah its one of my pet hates man, i bloody hate those shows:mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I love Masterchef.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

flahavaj wrote: »
    I love Masterchef.
    Is that because most of your username is a kind of flour :pac:

Voltwad wrote: »
    Is that because most of your username is a kind of flour :pac:

There is no Odums in flahavaj.:pac:

There is no Odums in flahavaj.:pac:
    Porridge sorry

Flahavans_Irish_Porridge_Oats_500g.jpg&w=200&h=200

• Advertisement

Porridge sorry

Flahavans_Irish_Porridge_Oats_500g.jpg&w=200&h=200

That'll put hair on your chest bai.

That'll put hair on your chest bai.
    I'm assuming flahavaj is flahavan's porridge used on a woman's lady garden?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Finally got my iPod back working. Must now rebuild everything. Still I have around 100 songs to listen to

Pretty happy it's back working now:):D:)

Blue Waffle?? ~shudders~

Blue Waffle?? ~shudders~
    Porridge waffle :)

• Advertisement

Brings a whole new meaning to the phrase "stirring the porridge.":pac:

Its just the sign in username I was given in college, I've used it ever since.

I'll never see porridge in the same light again:(
    Blue Waffle?? ~shudders~

Sorry for the caps locks here but:

DON'T MENTION THEM WORDS :mad::mad::mad:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Stirring%20the%20Porridge

Haha, I love UD.

BUFF02033%20Presta%20QC%20Waffle%20Blue.jpg

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

So, how's everyone doing today??

• Registered Users Posts: 33,667 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I love Masterchef.

I missed most of the series (never knew when the feck it was on)

Masterchef is brilliant though. Greg + Dessert = Brilliance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I am trying to look busy and not go mental from boredom til 5. Then City match tonight.

Viva la vida eh

gimmick wrote: »
    I am trying to look busy and not go mental from boredom til 5. Then City match tonight.

Viva la vida eh

Ah, the usual Friday routine then;):D

Longford tonight, how'd d'ya think we'll get on??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I think a handy enough 2-0 win.

Then it is time to worry about the Clasico tmr night. No Abidal, no Ibra, no chance :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭mr.mayo

Can't wait for el Clasico! Very unpredictable this time round, there's nothing between them in the table and as predicted, this is being billed as the Championship game. There are loads of interesting battles but of course all the attention will be on Messi & Ronaldo. Maxwell & Alves are both very good players but the defensive side of their game leaves a lot to be desired, we all know just how good Ronaldo is and he is well able to exploit both of them. Likewise, Messi will also be able to exploit some of Madrid's defenders. With Ibra out he very well may be asked to play a central role but I presume he would be able to roam like he always does. Sergio Ramos is still very much an enigma to me, he is one of the most naturally talented players around and has all the physical attributes needed to become world class but mentally I'm still not convinced. He is so reckless and is very prone to lapses in concentration, Messi may be able to expose him tomorrow night. Arbeloa is a more balanced player than Ramos but he isn't invincible either, Messi is almost unplayable right now so he could be in for a long night too!
    There will be huge spotlight on Higuain & Diarra for Real, they don't have good track record in big games like these so there'll be a lot of pressure on them to deliver.

I'm still undecided on this game, could easily go either way but here's hoping Barca get the win. It's not that I hate Madrid or anything, I just think with the CL games against Inter coming up, Barca are the more likely of the two to drop points domestically and I'd love to see this going right down to the wire!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

El Classico ive no idea tbh but there isnt a man with better form/ability than Messi in my book so even if the others have Ronaldo im always going to slightly lean towards my more favoured anyway Barca.

Heiniken cup is back too :)

anyone watching the new SP series. been someone interesting topics so far: Giant cancerus balls get you weed, KFC is banned, The most disgusting book ever written, Tigers sexcapades and most recently Facebook.

(hmm reads like kinda like this threads tag does this post)

El Classico ive no idea tbh but there isnt a man with better form/ability than Messi in my book so even if the others have Ronaldo im always going to slightly lean towards my more favoured anyway Barca.

Heiniken cup is back too :)

anyone watching the new SP series. been someone interesting topics so far: Giant cancerus balls get you weed, KFC is banned, The most disgusting book ever written, Tigers sexcapades and most recently Facebook.

(hmm reads like kinda like this threads tag does this post)

The Facebook and KFC episodes were absolute classics. I think South Park are relying on whatvevers topical that week, far too much nowadays and its made the last few series really unmemorable imho

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

The Facebook and KFC episodes were absolute classics. I think South Park are relying on whatvevers topical that week, far too much nowadays and its made the last few series really unmemorable imho

thats true but i dont mind the topicalness too much as i believe SP is going to run and run and sometimes sometihing that is topical can seem as good as something that is just stand alone great. I mean for me so far this whole season (only 4 eps) has seemed great but id say only 1/2 are really that good if i rewatch em a few times. Similarily id say the one about the most disguesting book ever might actually grow on me with repeat viewing. 200th ep soon (maybe next) iirc.

Lost is also getting near its finale and answers people have been waiting for are coming out the wazoo atm too.

Strangely id say the show I enjoy most these days is one that has steadily improved in quality ever since it began and now takes precidence over 24 in my viewing on that night...Chuck! that show is awesome and has a character nickname Awesome in it too, The Miz would be proud.

Its definitely been an awesome season so far.. a big improvement on the second half of last season which were some of the worst SP episodes imo...

Yeah the last episode of Lost has really set the predecent for the rest of the series and show as the flash sideways where starting to get very frustrating but now have immediately become very important and more Desmond = Very awesome.. Its very bittersweet that the shows concluding..

I must check out Chuck it seems pretty cool..

• Registered Users Posts: 86,448 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I havent really watched Masterchef but you should check out Come Dine with Me the voiceover guy is hilarious

+ 1 for Chuck its a great show and I hope it gets renewed I also recommend Supernatural

Well lads (who are somewhat interested in the horses), who'd ye have for the Grand National tomorrow??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭mr.mayo

Well lads (who are somewhat interested in the horses), who'd ye have for the Grand National tomorrow??

The one race of the year I refuse to bet on! Every year in my house we'd pick a horse or two and throw a few quid on them, not once did any of them win:(
    It's just too bloody hard to pick a winner when there's like 40 horses, I think the extent of my gambling tomorrow will be finding a nice little 6 horse race and backing the favourite!

The Leinster match is starting in 2 minutes Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

mr.mayo wrote: »
    The one race of the year I refuse to bet on! Every year in my house we'd pick a horse or two and throw a few quid on them, not once did any of them win:(
    It's just too bloody hard to pick a winner when there's like 40 horses, I think the extent of my gambling tomorrow will be finding a nice little 6 horse race and backing the favourite!

The Leinster match is starting in 2 minutes Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I won 2 years ago on a 10/1 shot:cool::cool: Last year, the 1 I picked fell at the 2nd last (I think) having had a comfortable race and was in a good position for the win.

This year, it's a very open race so I'm not sure who to pick yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,448 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Don't Push It and Cerium are my picks for tomorrow 5 euro e/w bet biggrin.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement