Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Think I might have a punt on The Package or Character Building.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,448 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Robert Pattinson is apparently being lined up by Courteney Love to play Kurt Cobain in a biopic of the musician's life. Rumours are that Scarlett Johansson will star opposite the British heartthrob and Fight Club director David Fincher will head the production.

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Robert Pattinson is apparently being lined up by Courteney Love to play Kurt Cobain in a biopic of the musician's life. Rumours are that Scarlett Johansson will star opposite the British heartthrob and Fight Club director David Fincher will head the production.

:eek:

Never going to watch it if he is in it. Just goes to show the market that Nirvana would appeal to if they were around these days. I like them and all, but jesus if they came out in the last few years, I could only imagine the image they would have

• Registered Users Posts: 86,448 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Don't Push It and Cerium are my picks for tomorrow 5 euro e/w bet biggrin.gif

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

:D

Congrats to ya!!

:(:( I went with Cerium (11th), Tricky Trickster (9th) and Can't but Time (fell)

Seriously Liz, what is it with you and the horses?? That's twice in 2 months you got the winner's in the 2 big races

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Just heard this song after a loooonnnng time of forgetting it

*goes off and sings*

Just finished watching UFC 112 and it was great....up until the Main Event.
    Anderson Silva should be ashamed of himself. It was a disgrace for a headline bout. BJ-Edgar was awesome. BJ didn't look himself.
    /rant.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Just finished watching UFC 112 and it was great....up until the Main Event.
    Anderson Silva should be ashamed of himself. It was a disgrace for a headline bout. BJ-Edgar was awesome. BJ didn't look himself.
    /rant.

I thought the last 3 matches were a big disappointment.

Silva v GSP is a bigger heel vs face match than anything wrestling has ever put out id say. Silva is the best heel in the world. Some legend

Gerard.C wrote: »
    Silva is the best heel in the world. Some legend

I think it would do great business. It would have done better business if after all the show boating, ho knocked him out in the third round. The last 2 rounds does nothing for him.

I was in a room with 4 other casual fans. None of them wanted to see him fight again.

There's a thin line between being a great heel and someone who ripped you off and wouldn't pay to watch again. I wasn't happy but at least I watched it for free. Imagine paying 50 dollars? And this is not the first time he's done it. His last 3 fights at middleweight have been similar.

His greatest heel move is the bowing before the fight and 60 seconds later acting like the cockiest prick on the planet.

• Advertisement

I think it would do great business. It would have done better business if after all the show boating, ho knocked him out in the third round. The last 2 rounds does nothing for him.

I was in a room with 4 other casual fans. None of them wanted to see him fight again.

There's a thin line between being a great heel and someone who ripped you off and wouldn't pay to watch again. I wasn't happy but at least I watched it for free. Imagine paying 50 dollars?

A KO would have helped, even in rd 5. I think the vital thing they missed out on was a stare down between GSP and Silva at the end. The commentators were even hinting at it throughout the fight, it would have been great.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,096 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

1-0 to Barca, Xavi and Messi deserve all the plaudits in the world for that goal.

A KO would have helped, even in rd 5. I think the vital thing they missed out on was a stare down between GSP and Silva at the end. The commentators were even hinting at it throughout the fight, it would have been great.

Dana White at the press conference "I'm so blown away and disgusted and saddened. "

Dana- "I don't want to see GSP vs. Silva after tonight. Silva might be the first champion fighting on a prelim. I don't want to see that sh*t"

I completely agree.

Alonso just missed a sitter as well.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Alonso just missed a sitter as well.:pac:
    I just watched it there. How is the action so far?

I just watched it there. How is the action so far?

Real started reasonably well, Ronaldo while looking threatening was guilty of trying to do to much when he got the ball. Messi was isolated for most of the half, but he and Barca have came into it more as the half progressed. Real still look good going forward, so its still nicely poised...

14x156r.gif

D'ya think Messi should have got the penalty?

Dana White at the press conference "I'm so blown away and disgusted and saddened. "

Dana- "I don't want to see GSP vs. Silva after tonight. Silva might be the first champion fighting on a prelim. I don't want to see that sh*t"

I completely agree.

Jaysus. Is there a vid online yet?

D'ya think Messi should have got the penalty?

No way, he was going down before any contact he didn't appeal to much so I think even he knew a peno would have been really cruel on Madrid.

Messi shouldn't have got a yellow card either for that "hand ball" either.:pac:

Pedro with a good goal. Ronaldo missed a good free-kick

• Advertisement

Van Der Vaart should have scored, he really should have.:mad:

Thats 2-0 to Barca. Well done Gimmick.

Don't waste 25 minutes of your life.
    Heres the whole fight to a tee.
    Silva circles Maia. Maia circles Silva. Silva has a chance to KO maia. But he acts like a total arse. No respect shown for Maia until the end when he bows.

Don't waste 25 minutes of your life.
    Heres the whole fight to a tee.
    Silva circles Maia. Maia circles Silva. Silva has a chance to KO maia. But he acts like a total arse. No respect shown for Maia until the end when he bows.

Oh no, I meant of the press conference. I watced the show live meself. Reading reports from the press conference, jesus Dana is wicked pissed off

Dana is wicked pissed off

Not the best show as debut shows go in a new market.

I'm thorn in that he is a phenomenal bad guy character and would do huge business with GSP. On the flip side, I don't think it's worth the risk for the UFC to do it and this is not the first time Silva has done something like this and the public will only tolerate it for so long before they keep their money in their pocket.

Dana probably isn't too pleased with how BJ Penn looked either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Oh no, I meant of the press conference. I watced the show live meself. Reading reports from the press conference, jesus Dana is wicked pissed off

Do you think its all a work?

Theres no way they told Silva to act like that just to get people to pay more to see GSP kick the sh*t outa him? Or is there?

Dana White = pure carny and a pure genius.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Helbert18

Does anyone know the song from the new EBS ad

flahavaj wrote: »
    Do you think its all a work?

Theres no way they told Silva to act like that just to get people to pay more to see GSP kick the sh*t outa him? Or is there?

Dana White = pure carny and a pure genius.

No. It's Silva being Silva. He has a pattern of this type of behaviour and its increased each fight.

There's very few reporters over there and it would be foolish for UFC to upload the press conference of Dana bashing the show when the majority of people in the US are about the purchase it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

No. It's Silva being Silva. He has a pattern of this type of behaviour and its increased each fight.

It legit wouldn't surprise me though if he had been told to amp up the stalling etc in the run up to the GSP fight.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement