Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

DM-ICE wrote: »
    That Miz Icon on the titan tron is pretty cool. I never noticed it before.

It's part of the "Be Miz" thing on the stage when he walks out afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Jolt2007

I'd honestly say over 2,700 posts are here in PW. The joys of being unemployed:pac::pac: You can be sure I'll still be using boards and writing these (You knew it was coming)

*Bang bang*

Ya know everytime you guys do the *Bang bang* thing now I end up with this song stuck in my head for ages :pac:

Jolt2007 wrote: »
    Ya know everytime you guys do the *Bang bang* thing now I end up with this song stuck in my head for ages :pac:

Sorry about that

Bang:pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

talking to TA's on a different level from work: the reason for facebook afaic :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Damn that Volcano:mad::mad::mad:

Why can we get some wind to blow that ash away.

I was supposed to be getting married Monday. Probably going to have to cancel my wedding now. I'm supposed to be in Rome now, but instead I'm sitting in poxy offaly waiting to hear if Aer Lingus are going to follow Ryanair and cancel flights till Monday at 1pm.

**** it anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad:

I would nearly subscribe just so I can get ICE out of my username:(.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,096 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I was supposed to be getting married Monday. Probably going to have to cancel my wedding now. I'm supposed to be in Rome now, but instead I'm sitting in poxy offaly waiting to hear if Aer Lingus are going to follow Ryanair and cancel flights till Monday at 1pm.

**** it anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad:

Jesus man, that's terrible. You will get married once the ash blows away though.

Flight officially cancelled.

But all 15 of us are now scheduled to fly sunday 16.40.

So hopefully the wind does me a favour. If it doesn't never mind.

Ah well get to watch smackdown, it better be good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Jesus H. Seriously like. Bloody hell. Got my fingers crossed for ya man. Sickner.

What about the Mrs to be? She there yet, or also waitin in limbo?

gimmick wrote: »
    Jesus H. Seriously like. Bloody hell. Got my fingers crossed for ya man. Sickner.

What about the Mrs to be? She there yet, or also waitin in limbo?

Thanks pal.

She is sitting at home beside me, which is a good thing.

Flights are all changed now so will have to hope for the best, 3rd time lucky hopefully, if not then so be it.

EDIT:Just saw the title change, thanks Gimmick.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Hope ya still make your wedding arrangements man, good luck! The PM boards are pulling for ye!

• Advertisement

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Hope ya still make your wedding arrangements man, good luck! The PW board are pulling for ye!

FYP Jay,

DM, best of luck with the wedding. It's sickening to hear how much hassle this has caused ye but I hope (as well as everyone on this) that ye'll have a great time if ye get to Rome and the wedding goes well.

First gimmick's getting married and now, it's DM :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Best of luck with that lad, thats an awful situation. Night is darkest just before the dawn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I'm meant to be going to Italy myself Tuesday and was starting to worry and feel sorry for myself but Christ this is ten times worse. Really really hope it works out DM-ICE mate, I have my fingers and toes crossed for you. Such a bizarre occurance.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 86,449 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

U poor thing i hope it all works out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

jesus that absolutely sucks man.i can't even imagine how frustrating that must be.. hope it all works out..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,096 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

The Miz on Blue Peter

Rjd2 wrote: »
    The Miz on Blue Peter

Saw that alright. He shouted a lot. Yer wan had no idea how to take him.

First gimmick's getting married and now, it's DM :)

Well technically DM is waaaaaaaaaay before me.

Well technically DM is waaaaaaaaaay before me.

But technically you mentioned that you were getting married first

Check-mate:):)

I have no clue on aviation and airspace but isn't the ban ment to be lifted tomorrow or is that just the UK???

There is nada certain on it as yet. It all depends on when the ash stops risin. Could happen in 10 minutes, or in 10 hours. It is all pretty much guess work by everyone.
    But technically you mentioned that you were getting married first

This must give wrestling fans worldwide hope. We are all not spotty hopeful virgins :D

• Advertisement

There is nada certain on it as yet. It all depends on when the ash stops risin. Could happen in 10 minutes, or in 10 hours. It is all pretty much guess work by everyone.

This must give wrestling fans worldwide hope. We are all not spotty hopeful virgins :D

It's really crap to see it kept being pushed back

2 down, many more to (hopefully) go

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Rjd2 wrote: »
    The Miz on Blue Peter

She was a right muppet. Miz was just being awesome.

Dm-Ice best of luck. Hope it works out for you. Hope you and the the future Mrs Ice have a great day. I know two people who have had to cancel holidays but this must be a serious kick in the town halls.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

yeah hope everything works out DM and you and the future Ms ICE can get the start youd like, tis a real pity but there isnt much you can do but hope for the best i guess.

Jesus lads another few weeks and Championship season will be upon us.

I f*cking love it, nice long Summer evenings, the Sunday pilgrimage to Semple/Croker, a few nice cold bockles of Cidona, the home made hang and mustard santwiches under the arm wrapped in tin-foil, maybe an aul Munster Final for the Blaas, maybe someone to knock the Black and Tans from acroos the river off their perch. Be Gor I loves it. Summer is here. Time to air out the flags and jersies.

cidona.jpg

tony.jpg

19 years hurling senior county. There are no words.

Ah ****.

Had to call a halt to the wedding. Sunday flights cancelled too. No way we could get there with the family on time for Monday.

We will just have to re-think things. Don't think we will plan for a wedding abroad this time.

If anyone is ever staying in Rome with a few quid to spend, I have to reccommend the Hotel Artemide, they were fantastic to us throughout.

Thanks so much for all the good wishes lads.

I'm off to drink some heavy stuff...... since I don't drink alcohol perhaps some Kia Ora without diluting it!

EDIT: Sounds like another Volcano may be going off in Iceland. A bigger volcano beside the one erupting normally goes off after the smaller one. I'm glad that these delays happened now rather than when we were abroad and my family got stuck in italy.

Ah ****.

Had to call a halt to the wedding. Sunday flights cancelled too. No way we could get there with the family on time for Monday.

We will just have to re-think things. Don't think we will plan for a wedding abroad this time.

If anyone is ever staying in Rome with a few quid to spend, I have to reccommend the Hotel Artemide, they were fantastic to us throughout.

I'm off to drink some heavy stuff...... since I don't drink alcohol perhaps some Kia Ora without diluting it!

EDIT: Sounds like another Volcano may be going off in Iceland. A bigger volcano beside the one erupting normally goes off after the smaller one. I'm glad that these delays happened now rather than when we were abroad and my family got stuck in italy.

Really sorry to hear this mate. Hope ye can re-organise without too much hassle. As you say it could be a lot worse.

At least United had an epic day even if you didn't.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

flahavaj wrote: »
    Summer is here. Time to air out the flags and jersies.

My Under 12's girls football team played last Wednesday. They lost 7-2 to 0-0. It was the longest hour of my life.

My Under 12's girls football team played last Wednesday. They lost 7-2 to 0-0. It was the longest hour of my life.
    On the positive side ye only conceded two points!

Fair play for you for getting out and getting involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

flahavaj wrote: »
    Jesus lads another few weeks and Championship season will be upon us.

I f*cking love it, nice long Summer evenings, the Sunday pilgrimage to Semple/Croker, a few nice cold bockles of Cidona, the home made hang and mustard santwiches under the arm wrapped in tin-foil, maybe an aul Munster Final for the Blaas, maybe someone to knock the Black and Tans from acroos the river off their perch. Be Gor I loves it. Summer is here. Time to air out the flags and jersies.

cidona.jpg

tony.jpg

19 years hurling senior county. There are no words.

Aw lad its nearly here. Its that time of year when the magic happens. The day long sessions in Town when the mighty Blue and Gold take to the field. They were the most craic we had last summer. Into the pub at half 1 after a feed in the carvary to line the belly, all day on the beer in the sun. God I cant wait. If we get our redemption this year I dont know what I'll do to myself. Please god we'll get an auld Saw Doctors concert down this way too. Nothing baytes a warm summers evening with the Saws! Oh tis a good time to be alive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Ah ****.

Sorry to hear it dude. At least you still got the missus!! Everyone's safe and that's the main thing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement