Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

flahavaj wrote: »
    For 7 nights to Lake Garda.

Whats your plans now mate? Did you have major grief cancelling all your plans/hotels/church etc etc?

If I ever go to italy again lake Garda that where it will be I reckon. I hope the ash stays away for you.

Plans are to just regroup and get married In Ireland. We have to give the notice to the registrar so It will be at least 6 months before we get married I'd say. We could go to court to get passed the three months notice but we don't mind taking time to book everything and get things done the way we are happy with. But getting married at home will allow us to triple the numbers and have more family at the wedding, so it may work out for the best.

Most of the rome plans were easy cancelled. Just hoping we get full refunds for the flights.

Serious?! Jeez, that's poor form on Aer Lingus's part. How did they manage that??

Yeah, hope everything is ok for ya Flah:):)

I suppose Aer Lingus were giving anyone who had a cancelled flight notice the flights were restarting. I don't mind that much, if I still wanted to travel I would be pissed if they didn't let me know so i could rebook.

The annoying thing would be if they were cancelled again. They seem to be getting peoples hopes up and that makes it harder when/if flights get cancelled again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

DM-ICE wrote: »
    I suppose Aer Lingus were giving anyone who had a cancelled flight notice the flights were restarting. I don't mind that much, if I still wanted to travel I would be pissed if they didn't let me know so i could rebook.

The annoying thing would be if they were cancelled again. They seem to be getting peoples hopes up and that makes it harder when/if flights get cancelled again.

Yeah, I see what ya mean. BA said their losing £20million each day the airports aren't open:eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

DM-ICE wrote: »
    If I ever go to italy again lake Garda that where it will be I reckon. I hope the ash stays away for you.

Plans are to just regroup and get married In Ireland. We have to give the notice to the registrar so It will be at least 6 months before we get married I'd say. We could go to court to get passed the three months notice but we don't mind taking time to book everything and get things done the way we are happy with. But getting married at home will allow us to triple the numbers and have more family at the wedding, so it may work out for the best.

Most of the rome plans were easy cancelled. Just hoping we get full refunds for the flights.

I'm pretty sure you should be entitled to full refunds on the flights in this instance, but it may take a while.

Best of luck with the future plans, you never know, you may end up having an even better, if belated day because of it. Everything happens for a reason as they say.

F*CK.

Looks like all flights cancelled this morning.:mad:

• Advertisement

F*CK.

Looks like all flights cancelled this morning.:mad:

I got the text this morning to say all flight were cancelled till 1 at the earliest. Its unreal how much hassle this cloud is causing man:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

We are due to go away saturday. I would actually be very surprised if it happens. Also, even if flights do recommence, who is to say that they wont be stopped again, leaving people stranded all round the place?

The hotel is not exactly being fair either - they will rpenalise by €15 if we cancel before midnight tomorrow, €120 if after that. Surely they should take into account the situation? As for Aer Lingus, usual refund policy applies unless my flight is cancelled? Mess.

gimmick wrote: »
    We are due to go away saturday. I would actually be very surprised if it happens. Also, even if flights do recommence, who is to say that they wont be stopped again, leaving people stranded all round the place?

The hotel is not exactly being fair either - they will rpenalise by €15 if we cancel before midnight tomorrow, €120 if after that. Surely they should take into account the situation? As for Aer Lingus, usual refund policy applies unless my flight is cancelled? Mess.

Its a right balls.

Fully thought all day yesterday we had no hope of going. Then Aer Lingus announced that they were fyling to Spain, Italy and Portugal so it got my hopes up and I packed etc etc. Then got up at 4 (check in was 5) and had a quick look at the website to see all flights were off due to further eruptions.

IMO aer lingus need to have the balls to do what Ryanair did and canel a few days in advance and be realistic about this thing. At least it stops people getting false hope like me and it give people like you the chance to cancel their hotel without getting penalised bug money. It is a bit lousy of your hotel to be doing this. Its in times like this throwing peopel a bone can do you long term good in terms of goodwill.

I think you'll be OK for Sat though gimmick. Weather is due to change later in the week whoch will disperse it north and west AFAIK. Sit tight, you might as well, if you cancel you'll get nothing back.

You too:eek:

Did you book the hotel through the hotels site or one of the hotel room sites. I had to pay one hotel half the money as I booked through one of the room sites rather than the hotels own site. Initially booked it that way as it was a it cheaper but from now on I will stick with the Hotel directly.

Aer Lingus charged me 180 to change one of my flights, it was supposed to be waived when I got to the pay part of the process but in fear I would lose my place in line by not paying it I went ahead and paid. I have that money, my own flights along with 11 other people flights to try and get back from them!

The worst thing is the not knowing, If you do get out on saturday will you get back. I don't ever remember such an uncertain time when it came to travel, even after 9/11 there was less confusion, in europe anyway.

Apparently another Volcano - Katla, is due to erupt as well according to the Icelandic foreign ministry. When this erupts, it will cause more problems than what we have alreasdy seen. This is not an if, it is when.

• Advertisement

Apparently another Volcano - Katla, is due to erupt as well according to the Icelandic foreign ministry. When this erupts, it will cause more problems than what we have alreasdy seen. This is not an if, it is when.

Yeah it has always gone off if the smaller one has erupted. Potentially could ground planes for weeks or months.:eek:

Think I shall rename this thread again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭mr.mayo

Just found this on youtube -
    Orton owns some douche dressed as a clown, pretty funny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭ScumdogV2

I'm only 13.:o

feinstein.jpg

Oh hi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭mr.mayo

Inter are schooling Barca here, they've been the better team right from the off and even when they went a goal down, you still felt they were going to win it. It's currently 3-1 so a 2-0 win would be enough for Barca in the Nou Camp but that's a lot easier said than done, advantage Inter

ScumdogV2 wrote: »
    feinstein.jpg

Oh hi

LOUL. Brilliant re-introduction to PW for Scumdog.

Hows the form?

Jesus what happened at the San Siro gimmick?:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,096 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I love Steve Davis, I really do.
    40 Minutes the deciding frame with Mark King. Awesome, totally ****ing awesome.

Jesus what happened at the San Siro gimmick?:eek:

Just giving Jose a fighting chance in the Camp Nou.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

what happened barca last night?

i have 20 euros on them winning and making the final :(

i went to see kick ass over the weekend its really enjoyable and usually i hate nic cage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Anyone here ever see Shutter Island? I wouldnt be big into films at all now,but this one blew my mind. Unreal. If you havent seen it, I highly recommend it.

Barca 2-0 at the Nou Camp.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

No reason whatsoever but this is just awesome and if you will believe me its a Panda... a red Panda!

tumblr_kootpicVCJ1qzdezoo1_500.jpg

No reason whatsoever but this is just awesome and if you will believe me its a Panda... a red Panda!

tumblr_kootpicVCJ1qzdezoo1_500.jpg

That's cool, :cool::)

It look's like a fox mated with a panda

They have a couple of them baby panda's in Dublin Zoo. One is a bit mental, he spends his/her time lapping the enclosure, lap after lapm minute after minute....... or maybe I am mental for standing there watching him'her lap the place!

They are just so cool you just have to stand and watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭ScumdogV2

That's cool, :cool::)

It look's like a fox mated with a panda

Looks like Pedobear

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

ScumdogV2 wrote: »
    Looks like Pedobear

hahahah i didnt see it till now but that lil panda (squirrel like really if you see other picks) is not as cute anymore as he really is in the pedobear pose

Downloaded the newest version of mozilla yesterday and started messing around with add ons.

Where have I been that I never made use of them before, the adblock plus add on has made browsing sites like pwinsider so much easier :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

2zpp155.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Does anyone here know how to block a website from a laptop? Is it possible that I can completely ban anyone who uses my laptop from going onto a website if I want?

• Advertisement

Gerard.C wrote: »
    Does anyone here know how to block a website from a laptop? Is it possible that I can completely ban anyone who uses my laptop from going onto a website if I want?

Here ya go:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement