Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

flahavaj wrote: »
    Youre Ma's ghey.
    tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Touche..

Fu*k lads my brain is fried ive had 10 hours to learn 12 songs today including these..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Anyone else here get tickets to Slash this morning?

Fu*k lads my brain is fried ive had 10 hours to learn 12 songs today including these..

Try and do a rock version of this!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

"Terry serious doubt for World Cup with suspected broken metatarsal"

Goes to prove that Karma works

Mon Fulham, it'd be great to see Duffer get a medal after the image of him crying after the France game. He deserves it. Legend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

You delete your facebook Ger??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

He did I think. You should do the same.

He's f*ckin right too, its only a shower of blagguards that aul facebook.

Meh its an inexpensive/socially acceptable way of perving etc.

• Advertisement

gimmick wrote: »
    You delete your facebook Ger??

I did, cant stand the yoke. It's taking away from the art of conversation. You'd know someones life story an you wouldnt spend 5 mins with them. Takes up way too much of the worlds time

Forlan you filthy ****er

Balls to it anyway. Still time, but highly unlikley :mad:
    Gerard.C wrote: »
    I did, cant stand the yoke. It's taking away from the art of conversation. You'd know someones life story an you wouldnt spend 5 mins with them. Takes up way too much of the worlds time

Thas true. I have so many people hidden that I only see stuff from those I want to.

Very unlucky for Fulham, should have went to penos. Thrilled Roy did so well all the same. Very good game for a neutral.

I didnt even know half my facebook friends that well. Like all you had to do was say hello to someone an they'd ad you. It's weird. I wouldnt be into that now at all

• Registered Users Posts: 86,450 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Fulham lost and no Glee :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,096 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

"Terry serious doubt for World Cup with suspected broken metatarsal"

Goes to prove that Karma works

He is going to be fit sadly, hate even more for getting everyone's hopes up. :pac:

Oh and isn't Carragher a magnificent hypocrite?

"If the England Manager called and said "I'd like you to come out of retirement", what would you say?"

"I'd love to work with Capello, but I'd say no. I read an interview with Alessandro Nesta who's been asked to come back for Italy and he said he couldnt because he'd be taking someones spot who'd helped get them there. I feel the same. You can't just walk in when others have put the graft in"

Jamie Carragher, FourFourTwo Magazine, April 2010.

Yesterday

hankfully for the Italian, he had more luck with Carragher, who provided a positive reaction when he was first approached two months ago, and then confirmed his intentions over the past fortnight when it became clear Liverpool were not going to qualify for the Champions League.

"The World Cup and the Champions League are the highest levels of football," said Carragher.

"I am not getting any younger, we have no Champions League next season and I am keen to work under Fabio Capello."

Some quotes from his book

August 2008, extracts taken from Carra: My Autobiography:

• "I was never in love with playing for England in the first place."

• "Sitting on the England coach as it prepared to drive us away from the World Cup in Germany, I received a text message. 'Fcuk it! It's only England'. I'd just missed a penalty in the quarter-final shoot-out against Portugal. Representing your country is the ultimate honour, especially in the World Cup. Not to me."

• "I would rather miss for England than LFC."

• "I wasn't giving up my football career or my ambitions. Only England."

• "The Liver Bird mauled the Three Lions in the fight for my loyalties."

• "Whenever I returned home from disappointing England experiences, one unshakeable, overriding thought pushed itself to the forefront of my mind, no matter how much the rest of the nation mourned. 'At least it wasn't Liverpool,' I'd repeat to myself, over and over."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Terry says he will play against Pompey on Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 54,290 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I actually quite like that, very good

KHAAAAAAN

• Advertisement

Who are people here shouting for in the World Cup? I'll be throwin a few bob on Spain anyway hopefully they can do it this year, they have a scandelous team going with them

Definitely Spain for me. Big fan of Spanish football anyway, they have an awesome squad and play excellent football.

I would love to see Argentina prgress well as well, but I really do not trust that Maradonna knows what he is doing. If he builds the team around Messi, they will go far, if not, they won't.

I'm for Italy. They have served me well in World Cup betting.

Definitely Spain for me. Big fan of Spanish football anyway, they have an awesome squad and play excellent football.

I would love to see Argentina prgress well as well, but I really do not trust that Maradonna knows what he is doing. If he builds the team around Messi, they will go far, if not, they won't.

I honestly dont think Messi will make that much of an impact in the WC. He was found out badly against Inter in the two legs of the semi, if he's playing a team with a decent defence they should be able to keep him quite.

Who do you reckon will be the starting midfield for Spain?

Iniesta and Xavi. Maybe Fabregas too. Villa for the golden boot me thinks.

Gerard.C wrote: »
    I honestly dont think Messi will make that much of an impact in the WC. He was found out badly against Inter in the two legs of the semi, if he's playing a team with a decent defence they should be able to keep him quite.

Found out? Not every team will be able to double/treble man mark him. Cambiasso, Motta and Lucio all had just one job over 2 legs and that was shackle Messi.

My fear for Messi is that Diego plays him as an orthodox striker. He does not work in that position.
    Who do you reckon will be the starting midfield for Spain?

My guess of the starting line up is

..................Cassillas..................
    Capdevila.........Pique............Puyol........Sergio Ramos
    .....................Senna....................
    Iniesta.......................Xavi
    Jesus Navas..............David Villa..................David Silva

Fabregas and Torres are not first choice. It is reckoned that Torres and Villa do not play well together. But that team is going to go far. Looking at the back ups they have its incredible.

Found out? Not every team will be able to double/treble man mark him. Cambiasso, Motta and Lucio all had just one job over 2 legs and that was shackle Messi.

My fear for Messi is that Diego plays him as an orthodox striker. He does not work in that position.

My guess of the starting line up is

..................Cassillas..................
    Capdevila.........Pique............Puyol........Sergio Ramos
    .....................Senna....................
    Iniesta.......................Xavi
    Jesus Navas..............David Villa..................David Silva

Fabregas and Torres are not first choice. It is reckoned that Torres and Villa do not play well together. But that team is going to go far. Looking at the back ups they have its incredible.

He wasnt marked THAT tight though. They figured out his plan, to rush in and cut across to the left in front of the box and try a shot. Once they had him sussed, all he could do was lay the ball off to the wing. For the final 20 mins when they needed two goals he didnt make any huge effort himself. If he was the best in the world, he would have. Rooney certainly would have. I think the world is just looking for someone to cling to, as being the best in the world, the new pele or whoever. I think people might have just jumped on Messi a bit too fast. We'll see how he does on the biggest stage of them all this summer though.

Thats an unreal team, and the backup then with that is ridiculous. I dont know if any other team could combat that force. 4/1 too, how bad

Ah Jesus Christ Ger, I'll have to get hypnotised to forget I ever read that. That sounds like you are writing the guy off completely. He has scored 43 goals so far this season, tore Arsenal to shreds, tore Inter to shreds in November. He would benefit any team in the world.

To say he needs to prove himself at the World Cup is totally incorrect. As I have already mentioned, he gets played out of position there, but mark this - if a games needs to be taken by the scruff, Messi is the man to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I don't see Spain as clear favourites. Alot of their key players are injured and how quickly they get back to form and fitness will be key.

I fancy Brazil.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I don't see Spain as clear favourites. Alot of their key players are injured and how quickly they get back to form and fitness will be key.

I fancy Brazil.

Im really curious to see the form of the teams in the group of death tbh its hard to call what Brazil, Portugal or Ivory Coast will show up... poor North Korea (never thought id sympathise with that country).

off the top of my head i thought id take a crack at the Ivorian team:

...........Boubacar Barry

Eboue...Kolo Toure...Guy Demel...Boka

..............Yaya Toure
    ........Zokora.............Fae
    Dindane.........................Kalou
    ................Drogba

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement