Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

gimmick wrote: »
    Ah Jesus Christ Ger, I'll have to get hypnotised to forget I ever read that. That sounds like you are writing the guy off completely. He has scored 43 goals so far this season, tore Arsenal to shreds, tore Inter to shreds in November. He would benefit any team in the world.

To say he needs to prove himself at the World Cup is totally incorrect. As I have already mentioned, he gets played out of position there, but mark this - if a games needs to be taken by the scruff, Messi is the man to do it.

I dunno, I dont follow La Liga like yourself, but anytime I've seen him he hasnt amazed me. Arsenal had a very weak defence. I just think he's being a bit over-rated, but he's more than welcome to prove me wrong in the World Cup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Tipp are improving in the ol' Gaelic Ger

Tipp are improving in the ol' Gaelic Ger

Tellin ya. Very young team tho, I was in school with a few of them. Kerry have a weaker team this year, I dont think they'll be winning much with half the team in oz.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Gerard.C wrote: »
    Who are people here shouting for in the World Cup? I'll be throwin a few bob on Spain anyway hopefully they can do it this year, they have a scandelous team going with them

I'm going for Argentina. I echo gimmick's worry of Maradona not really knowing what he's doing.

Anyway,

Barca, los campeones de España!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,450 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Who are people here shouting for in the World Cup? I'll be throwin a few bob on Spain anyway hopefully they can do it this year, they have a scandelous team going with them

Italy and Holland are who I'm backing

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Judging by your luck is these things, I'll put some money on each;):pac:

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Holland are actually a good shout, wouldnt be too suprised if they got to the final.

The bais are back, wonder if they'll have a song for a WWE ppv in the near future?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

The bais are back, wonder if they'll have a song for a WWE ppv in the near future?

Thats fu*king awesome.. The last few Wrestlemania's have been missing a good auld LB song..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Visca Barca y Visca Catalunya

woofelona :D:D:D

Thats fu*king awesome.. The last few Wrestlemania's have been missing a good auld LB song..

They are the WWE's favourite band in the whole world! Tony Chimmel wouldnt lie!!

gimmick wrote: »
    woofelona :D:D:D

That's a new 1:):):D

Congrats to Barca!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Jolt2007

Many fans of Ronnie James Dio here? Despite being almost 70, fighting cancer and rumours he was on his last legs I'm shocked by his death for some reason. True legend and one of the all time great voices :(

Im huge fan of Dio from Rainbow to Sabbath and his Solo stuff is an awesome body of work.. As i said in his RIP thread in the metal forum hes easily the greatest American metal vocalist of all time:(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

RIP DIO! great man, great musician, a rock legend gone....but never forgotten! :(

Saw an episode of this today. Took me back. I miss this:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Anyone doing the McDonalds World Cup fantasy football game? I thought we could set up a Pro Wrestling private league if we could get a few people from the board.

Anyone doing the McDonalds World Cup fantasy football game? I thought we could set up a Pro Wrestling private league if we could get a few people from the board.

I'd be interested in it. It'd make it the WC a bit interesting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Got a link to this?

Would be definitelty on for a league, make it more interesting.

Anyone maing any bets for the WC/GAA championship?

I think Luis Fabiano is great value at 12/1 for top scorer.

Backing Brazil as well to win it, they look very very solid at the back and will always get goals.

Can't see past Kerry in the footbll again, though 3/1 is no value.

Might put a few bob on Galway to win Leinster, I have a feeling they might catch KK on the hop.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Saw an episode of this today. Took me back. I miss this:(:(:(

Who loves orange soda?:pac:

Wasn't one of them Coolio's little brother?

flahavaj wrote: »
    Who loves orange soda?:pac:

Wasn't one of them Coolio's little brother?

No, I don't think they were Coolio's bro afaik

I love this

I.. put the screwwwwwww.. In The TTTTTUUUUUUUNNNA:pac:

Immense.. that was literally the first thing i thought of when you stuck that link to K&K up:cool:

BH, what website did you sort out your job through to teach abroad away over in Taiwan?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Met the man himself today. Quite the legend so he is

28500_1352242839568_1036292813_30888893_7101026_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'd be interested in it. It'd make it the WC a bit interesting
    flahavaj wrote: »
    Got a link to this?

Would be definitelty on for a league, make it more interesting.

Cool. You can go here to get yourself set up:

http://en.mcdonalds.fantasy.fifa.com/M/tac.mc

Should only take you a few minutes. I've gone and set up a private league for the board. I'll PM you both the code for it. I might send a PM on to BH too as I think he's also playing the game.

Anyone else who wants to join send me on a PM, but I'll only give it out to regular contributors to the forum. ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

BH, what website did you sort out your job through to teach abroad away over in Taiwan?

thinking of doing similar?

they are usuallly posted on a number of sites such as Dave's ESL Cafe, sometimes you will find them on only one site but i think the above is the one i intially saw my job on(might be wrong). TEFL.com is also one of the main ones iirc.

Did you get a CELTA? its not as easy as it used to be to get a job without one (I've got one) so be warned. I would reccomend it to people although it wont be a holiday you will be working a hell of a lot.

Voltwad wrote: »
    Met the man himself today. Quite the legend so he is

28500_1352242839568_1036292813_30888893_7101026_n.jpg

Why does Woody look like he saw a ghost in that???:pac::pac:

I can't wait for Toy Story 3(D) to come out

thinking of doing similar?

they are usuallly posted on a number of sites such as Dave's ESL Cafe, sometimes you will find them on only one site but i think the above is the one i intially saw my job on(might be wrong). TEFL.com is also one of the main ones iirc.

Did you get a CELTA? its not as easy as it used to be to get a job without one (I've got one) so be warned. I would reccomend it to people although it wont be a holiday you will be working a hell of a lot.

Ya fairly sure I'll do it next year. I dont have a CELTA, but hopefully I'll have my degree by then and most places only seem to require a western degree. I was lookings at Daves earlier on, the opportunities are unreal. Tell me, is there much hassle with the whole language barrier in taiwan?

edit - and whats the weather like?

• Advertisement

Cool. You can go here to get yourself set up:

http://en.mcdonalds.fantasy.fifa.com/M/tac.mc

Should only take you a few minutes. I've gone and set up a private league for the board. I'll PM you both the code for it. I might send a PM on to BH too as I think he's also playing the game.

Anyone else who wants to join send me on a PM, but I'll only give it out to regular contributors to the forum. ;)

I really should be shot for the amount of times I plug things:pac::pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement