Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Gerard.C wrote: »
    Nah I'll watch it tomorrow. This season has been a huge let down for me honestly, and I couldnt be too bothered to be up at all hours watching it. Hopefully they'll pull it out of the bag for the finale though.

Lads what'd be a funny film to watch? Not "funny" as in these annoying American teen comedys like Superbad and that, they dont really tickle me at all. though i did like Pineapple Express, but shur look. Something along the lines of Dodgeball maybe.....?

Yeah it better be good, or there'll be some serious trolling by me in the Lost forum:pac:

Something New? Zombieland f*ckin unreal.. Something Old? Kingpin. Either way Woody Harrelson = Awesome

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Yeah it better be good, or there'll be some serious triolling by me in the Lost forum:pac:

Something New? Zombieland f*ckin unreal.. Something Old? Kingpin. Either way Woody Harrelson = Awesome

yeah Zombieland is good have it on my computer atm for my something old let me suggest A Night at the Roxbury

if only for this classic tune

yeah Zombieland is good have it on my computer atm for my something old let me suggest A Night at the Roxbury

if only for this classic tune

Awesome:cool::cool: im gonna have to watch Night at the Roxbury again soon:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Zombieland it is so, sounds good.

Theres some heat out today. Jesus I cant wait to be finished college, ****in stuck inside on a day like today.

Zombieland it is so, sounds good.

Theres some heat out today. Jesus I cant wait to be finished college, ****in stuck inside on a day like today.

Yeah typical exam season weather tbh, tell us what you think of the aul flick:cool:

• Advertisement

Yeah typical exam season weather tbh, tell us what you think of the aul flick:cool:

I will begor. Dunno when it'll be ready though, internet is touch and go here.

I'd feckin love a swim in the sea. Im plannin on moving to waterford for the summer, if the weather holds up ill have to buy a bike and head out to tramore for a dip every now and then! jaysus these next 5 days will be some balls

I will begor. Dunno when it'll be ready though, internet is touch and go here.

I'd feckin love a swim in the sea. Im plannin on moving to waterford for the summer, if the weather holds up ill have to buy a bike and head out to tramore for a dip every now and then! jaysus these next 5 days will be some balls

Im making the most of the weather with an aul BBQ today and hopefully everyday for the rest of the week..

Fu*king Love Tramore man, My Uncle used to own a hotel down there bout 15 years ago, many many Summers spenting the aul lads cash in the amusements back in the day:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Looking in soccer and found this:
    http://en.stickeralbum.fifa.com/game/flash

An online World cup sticker book. I love sticker books:D:D:D

Enjoyed Zombieland, tallahassee is some hero. Nice one bais

Enjoyed Zombieland, tallahassee is some hero. Nice one bais

In the mood for a twinkie now:pac:

• Advertisement

In the mood for a twinkie now:pac:

I really wanted to wreck a shop when they destroyed that indian place. I'd say it'd be some laugh.

So who watched lost, and can anyone explain to me
    what in the name of god I'm just after watching? I'm disapointed to say the least. What exactly happened?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Lost is like watching the Limerick hurling team. Decent 5 years ago but knocked and thrashed to the point where any interest was killed.

Lost is like watching the Limerick hurling team. Decent 5 years ago but knocked and thrashed to the point where any interest was killed.

Justin McCarthey took over the writing team and they all ****ed off on him, so he had to get the b writers in to make up the numbers

So who watched lost, and can anyone explain to me
    what in the name of god I'm just after watching? I'm disapointed to say the least. What exactly happened?

I reckon
    That the writers had the island be purgatory originally, but everyone copped on to that very very early with all the theories, so they just created the Dharma,Time Travel, Smoke Monster, Jacob, and all that hocus pocus to keep us watching for the next few years, the fact that they didnt explain any of, it is a bit of a kick in the balls tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Season 1 - They all crashed. All the characters we knew and loved the last 6 years, they did not die here.
    i don't think so anyway. Let's ignore the alt. universe for a second, More people died. At the end, the Hurley is the new Jacob, the new protector of the island. He may be there for thousands of years, but eventually he will die. Ben is his sidekick, the new Richard, he may be there for thousands of years, and eventually he will die. Desmond is with them, but Hurley will get him off the island, he is the new Jacob, he has powers. Eventually he will die. Jack died (with Vincent laying next to him, so ****ing sad). Kate, Claire, Sawyer, Lapidus, Miles, and Richard all flew off the island. eventually, they all died too after years back in the nrmal world. Everyone dies eventually anyway. once everyone is dead. They are all in purgatory. It all begins in the plane because this is where the most important part of their lives began, where they met the most important people they would ever meet, Oceanic Flight 815.
    they are dead but not at peace. They all can't move on. They all miss each other. Charlie tried to kill himself, but he couldn't die, he was already dead When he saw this, he then had a flash of what meant most to him while he was alive . . . Claire
    He opens the door for Desmond, and Desmond opened the door for everyone else. Every person had to realize what they all had been through, the giant adventure
    Jack was just the last one to figure it out in the afterlife.
    Ben couldn't move on just yet, he'd done too much stuff and still had to atone?

it was mad emotional, the bit where Jack was told that he was dead and the bit where Claire and Charlie recognize each other. It was always about the characters, the mystery of the island is irrelevant though which is the only grief I have with it. I guess it's left to the imagination.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Legendary post.

I think Lost is a loada boll*x, all i ever see when I flick past it is that fat f*cker with the sweaty armpits running about the place. Stuck on a desert island for 5 years and he never lost a pound.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,096 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Portugal just drew 0-0 at home with the Cape Verde Islands. :pac::D

Ronaldo played the 90 minutes. :eek::confused::pac:

Rumour doing the rounds that Maggie Thatcher is dead. You heard it here first.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Voltwad wrote: »
    Rumour doing the rounds that Maggie Thatcher is dead. You heard it here first.

Didn't this happen last year as well?

Season 1 - They all crashed. All the characters we knew and loved the last 6 years, they did not die here.
    i don't think so anyway. Let's ignore the alt. universe for a second, More people died. At the end, the Hurley is the new Jacob, the new protector of the island. He may be there for thousands of years, but eventually he will die. Ben is his sidekick, the new Richard, he may be there for thousands of years, and eventually he will die. Desmond is with them, but Hurley will get him off the island, he is the new Jacob, he has powers. Eventually he will die. Jack died (with Vincent laying next to him, so ****ing sad). Kate, Claire, Sawyer, Lapidus, Miles, and Richard all flew off the island. eventually, they all died too after years back in the nrmal world. Everyone dies eventually anyway. once everyone is dead. They are all in purgatory. It all begins in the plane because this is where the most important part of their lives began, where they met the most important people they would ever meet, Oceanic Flight 815.
    they are dead but not at peace. They all can't move on. They all miss each other. Charlie tried to kill himself, but he couldn't die, he was already dead When he saw this, he then had a flash of what meant most to him while he was alive . . . Claire
    He opens the door for Desmond, and Desmond opened the door for everyone else. Every person had to realize what they all had been through, the giant adventure
    Jack was just the last one to figure it out in the afterlife.
    Ben couldn't move on just yet, he'd done too much stuff and still had to atone?

it was mad emotional, the bit where Jack was told that he was dead and the bit where Claire and Charlie recognize each other. It was always about the characters, the mystery of the island is irrelevant though which is the only grief I have with it. I guess it's left to the imagination.
    The thing about Lost(which this season proved) was that the fans imaginations and expectations always outdid what was actually the reality. And for a show that relied so much on Mythology, secrets and suspense, the fact that the shows ending revolved around these characters was definitely an emotional thing. Also Jack coming full circle was outstanding and a surpisingly emotional experience to me, maybe it was because he finally vindicated Lockes faith vs his science..

*COVER YOUR EYES DARE2DEFY*

My only problem with the shows ending is all the unanswered questions.. They basically could've had a monkey raping a horse for the last 5 seasons, and would've tried getting away with that ending tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

flahavaj wrote: »
    Didn't this happen last year as well?

awww, you're no fun... :D

found this on twitter from @gavreilly

1. RT @davidcochrane: Indymedia UK have removed a story claiming to include an email from the BBC's Mark Mardell saying Thatcher dead

not saying she is or anything but still, another layer to what could be a very brief conspiracy theory

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

The thing about Lost(which this season proved) was that the fans imaginations and expectations always outdid what was actually the reality. And for a show that relied so much on Mythology, secrets and suspense, the fact that the shows ending revolved around these characters was definitely an emotional thing. Also Jack coming full circle was outstanding and a surpisingly emotional experience to me, maybe it was because he finally vindicated Lockes faith vs his science..

*COVER YOUR EYES DARE2DEFY*

My only problem with the shows ending is all the unanswered questions.. They basically could've had a monkey raping a horse for the last 5 seasons, and would've tried getting away with that ending tbh.

What goes through your mind??:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Anything involving dogs and death brings a tear to my eye. Mad emotional stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,454 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I was more lost watching the Lost Finale than ever

• Registered Users Posts: 86,454 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Just watched Cold Case with a blonde Roddy Piper pretty cold episode

Yeow my fellow PW comrades. Just logged on to state my adoration for all of you.

Night

x

• Advertisement

Yeow my fellow PW comrades. Just logged on to state my adoration for all of you.

Night

x

Locked!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement