Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Right I shall start apart from watching men in tights grapple what other sports do other people here follow? I like tennis, cricket and footy myself. I used to love snooker but for some reason despite the quality of play being awesome at the moment I dont follow it as much as I used to. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭thebeanz

Big soccer fan.

I also like rugby. Maybe its similar to watching men in tights grapple but i think it counts.

I always find it difficult to watch footy after rugby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Try watching Rugby League for a while then trying to watch Union. Leaves me ready to pass out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Golf, believe it or not.
    Picturing a guy with a shaved head, piercings, affliction shirts on a golf course is probably funny, and probably won't happen. I enjoy watching the tours.

Regards to playing, I took up pitch & putt last year. With a bit of practice with some better weather, i hope to move on to proper courses in the next year or so. :)

Two questions

Is anyone else sick of gillette ads, why would anyone buy 3 'products' to shave, who has the time. Sorry but its doing my head in.

Secondly why is Katie taylor boxing on the card of a proffesional fight when they are trying to get amateur female boxing into the olympics?

• Advertisement

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Golf,

Regards to playing, I took up pitch & putt last year. With a bit of practice with some better weather, i hope to move on to proper courses in the next year or so. :)

Forgot bout golf, its a mad game. When i play spend most of the round in a bad mood but end up desperate to play I more hole when i finish the round. I only ever remember the good shots.

thebeanz wrote: »
    Forgot bout golf, its a mad game. When i play spend most of the round in a bad mood but end up desperate to play I more hole when i finish the round. I only ever remember the good shots.

Nah, you only think you only remember the good shots, but you subconsciously remember the bad ones too, you never play the same hole worse than you did the first time. ;)

Is anyone else sick of gillette ads, why would anyone buy 3 'products' to shave, who has the time. Sorry but its doing my head in.

Two is sometimes required if you suffer bitch, i mean sensitive skin. I actually have to put on after shave gel after shaving foam because my skin is on fire afterward.

Shaving=SERIOUS BUSINESS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Two questions

Secondly why is Katie taylor boxing on the card of a proffesional fight when they are trying to get amateur female boxing into the olympics?

They are so lame, watching Henry, Federrer and Woods having "banter" is so uncomfortable to watch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Also a footy fan, but will watch the rugby as well if it's on at home. Used to play at bit of basketball in school, rarely watched it though. Wouldn't mind playing some footy but with a bad knee, that ain't gonna happen :/.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Sports i love:
    Rugby, skateboarding, (as well as any trick-orientated sport) and anything you can do freestyle.
    Like freestyle pool. Its like proper pool, but get points for trick shots.

One thing i got really really into after watching this years superbowl is american football.
    Dunno what it is exactly about it but i just love the tactics and work that goes into planning runs etc.
    And its bloody tense.

Usually in football or rugby, in the final 2 minutes you have a near sure answer to what way the match is going. But its still all to play for in American football.

Usually in football or rugby, in the final 2 minutes you have a near sure answer to what way the match is going. But its still all to play for in American football.

It's like NASCAR in that respect. In both sports they could just skip the first 90% of the event :P

amacachi wrote: »
    It's like NASCAR in that respect. In both sports they could just skip the first 90% of the event :P

Do you mean that in the final 2 minutes you can predict it or its like american football?

Do you mean that in the final 2 minutes you can predict it or its like american football?

I mean that for ages not a lot happens then there's a lot of action at the end which is hard to predict.

amacachi wrote: »
    I mean that for ages not a lot happens then there's a lot of action at the end which is hard to predict.

Really?
    Never watched it. Used to have this really good mate who was big into F1 and i remember watching it every now and again when id be round and yeah, sure, fast cars and all that, but it was like 10 laps on and thats it then.
    Unless someone blows out a tire or crashes there is no really fluctuation of whats going to happen.

Really?
    Never watched it. Used to have this really good mate who was big into F1 and i remember watching it every now and again when id be round and yeah, sure, fast cars and all that, but it was like 10 laps on and thats it then.
    Unless someone blows out a tire or crashes there is no really fluctuation of whats going to happen.

Gotta agree here, Missus Raven watches it a lot when it's on, and it bores me to tears. Some amazing looking crashes, but you it's hit and miss when it comes to one's humour when it comes to watching it.

Really?

In NASCAR there are several position changes per lap on some tracks. Next week there's a race on a half-mile oval with 43 cars, can be some good craic :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

I'm drunk, but now that I'm not mod here anymore I can admit it! \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

orestes wrote: »

Right come on you admitted often you posted and modded here drunk especially in the PPV threads:D

BOOYAKA BOOYAKA! Check out yer post number on this thread! :D

• Advertisement

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Right come on you admitted often you posted and modded here drunk especially in the PPV threads:D

It was the fecking PPV's that drove me to drink, anyone who can watch that shite sober has my respect and condolences
    BOOYAKA BOOYAKA! Check out yer post number on this thread! :D

Oh you bastid, can you delete that post or one somewhere else in this thread so I don't have that post number?

God I hate that fecking midget

It was the fecking PPV's that drove me to drink, anyone who can watch that shite sober has my respect and condolences

Actually my best mate tends to watch WWE on PPV nights whenever he comes over. He don't drink. Imagine what that poor c*nt has to endure! ;)
    Oh you bastid, can you delete that post or one somewhere else in this thread so I don't have that post number?

God I hate that fecking midget

Mwahah, no way! This is too much fun! :D

Actually my best mate tends to watch WWE on PPV nights whenever he comes over. He don't drink. Imagine what that poor c*nt has to endure! ;)

Thank christ for meds, that's all I can say
    Mwahah, no way! This is too much fun! :D

I'll get you for this

Thank christ for meds, that's all I can say

I'll get you for this

Hey, didn't you ban a few people for talking about wrestling on OTB? ;)
    *rubs hands with glee*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Shaving=SERIOUS BUSINESS!

My question is why does shaving have to be so "extreme". Personally I view shaving as a pain in the arse, hence only doing so once a week. Not that I shave my arse.

How are peoples brains after the St Patricks day knees ups? I was not out yesterday as I had a 4 in a row previous. The first was a session to forget about the insipid drivel of a "football" match between Cork City and St Pats. The rest was just for funnsies.

And thats another thing, I completely despise when people call it St Paddys Day.

gimmick wrote: »
    And thats another thing, I completely despise when people call it St Paddys Day.

How come?

Because its St Patricks day. St Paddys day is an invention by the drinks industry. Not that it makes any difference as they will make a crap load of moeny on that day anyway. I suppose it is just one of those things that pisses me off like a fork scratching a plate.

gimmick wrote: »
    Because its St Patricks day. St Paddys day is an invention by the drinks industry. Not that it makes any difference as they will make a crap load of moeny on that day anyway. I suppose it is just one of those things that pisses me off like a fork scratching a plate.

I saw one pub yesterday so keen on making money they hired a bouncy castle. Walking past the pub all you could see was all these kids outside the pub with their grandads. Credit to them they got plenty of business.

I Agree it should only be called St Patricks day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Anyone see that god awful Simpsons last night?, what a load of ****e, they cant even take the piss out of us properly!

• Advertisement

Ya, it was poor enough alright. But in fairness, there has not been a decent episode in 10 years almost, so this was neevr going to be any different.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement