Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

I've started a free service to help people win money :pac:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Tips-from-The-Fitz/105883732790819

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Voltwad wrote: »
    I've started a free service to help people win money :pac:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Tips-from-The-Fitz/105883732790819

Jesus, 5 from 5:eek::eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Jesus, 5 from 5:eek::eek::eek:

I'll be availing of the service next week:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Spain to win the WC and Villa to be top scorer is 16/1. One of me friends put a few bob on it. I think top scorer is too hard to call, I just put 20 on spain at 4/1. Nice night out there if they win

Thats a nice little number there, jesus i'lll have to throw a few quid on Spain during the week

• Advertisement

Thats a nice little number there, jesus i'lll have to throw a few quid on Spain during the week

I want Spain to do well but, tbh, I just can't see them winning it.

I want Spain to do well but, tbh, I just can't see them winning it.

Who do you reckon will win? I'll throw a few quid on them too:pac:

Who do you reckon will win? I'll throw a few quid on them too:pac:

Honestly, I have no idea. It's a really open World Cup this time. Spain are favs (rightfully so, their squad has ridiculous talent) but their record in big competition's is against them (beside Euro 08, they didn't win a major trophey since 1964). You can't rule-out Brazil while England don't have the squad to win it imo.

I'm going for Argentina (:o) but I know they won't win it. For some strange reason, I can see the Germans doing very well at it

I just cant see anyone else winning it. Argentina barely qualified, and have what can only be described as a yoke managing them. Brazil dont have the firepower they used to. Holland will do well, but they wont win it, especially if Robben is out. Germany and Italy are not as strong as they have been. They might seem too obvious, but I reckon Spain will do it. Hopefully anyway!

Im really not up on international football like i used to be.. but the Germans, Italians and Brazilians are always tremendous tournement teams,especially compared to the Dutch, Brits and Spanish, but i definitely throw a few quid on Argentina, and Spain.. Are there any outside dark horse bets lads? Like Greece at Euro 04?

• Advertisement

Im really not up on international football like i used to be.. but the Germans, Italians and Brazilians are always tremendous tournement teams,especially compared to the Dutch, Brits and Spanish, but i definitely throw a few quid on Argentina, and Spain.. Are there any outside dark horse bets lads? Like Greece at Euro 04?

France to get out of their group is evens. That's the best bet I've come across, but I dont have it in me to back them bastards to do well.

I wouldnt take a free bet of England winning it. They just wont. David James is never going to win a world cup. And any panel with Emile Heskey doesnt deserve to do well in my opinion.

Ladbrokes betting
    Spain 7/2
    Brazil 9/2
    Argentina 6/1
    England 7/1
    Holland 10/1
    Germany 14/1
    Italy 16/1
    France 20/1
    Portugal 22/1
    Ivory Coast 50/1
    Serbia 50/1
    Chile 50/1
    USA 66/1
    Uruguay 66/1
    Paraguay 66/1
    Cameroon 80/1
    Ghana 80/1
    South Africa 80/1
    Mexico 80/1
    Nigeria 100/1
    Denmark 100/1
    Korea Republic 125/1
    Australia 150/1
    Greece 200/1
    Switzerland 200/1
    Japan 250/1
    Slovakia 250/1
    Slovenia 250/1
    Honduras 500/1
    Algeria 500/1
    Korea DPR 1000/1
    New Zealand 2000/1

Italy at 16's ad Portugal at 22's both look pretty nice.

Ladbrokes betting

Portugal look's a nice bet indeed:cool: Would the Aussie's and and South Africans be worth a punt?

Ladbrokes betting

argentina have better odds on paddy power i'm fairly sure

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

i fancy serbia or usa to get to semi finals dont know why might put an each way bet on one of the them

Portugal look's a nice bet indeed:cool: Would the Aussie's and and South Africans be worth a punt?

To get to the qf, maybe. Couldnt imagine either going beyond that

Well, the Aussie's (Oi!):o:pac: look good for at least a last 16/quarter final place while there's always 1 African team that does really well at the World Cup and South Africa have home advantage (not that it really means anything but still). Tbh, I can see Japan doing well at this while I'd be interested to see how the Koreans (North and South) get on. We don't know much about North Korea but they've a pretty good player in Jong Tae-Se but their in the group of death and are obviously favs to finish last in the group. The South Koreans seem to do well at the World Cups in recent years so I wouldn't rule them out of a quarter final spot.

Well, the Aussie's (Oi!):o:pac: look good for at least a last 16/quarter final place while there's always 1 African team that does really well at the World Cup and South Africa have home advantage (not that it really means anything but still). Tbh, I can see Japan doing well at this while I'd be interested to see how the Koreans (North and South) get on. We don't know much about North Korea but they've a pretty good player in Jong Tae-Se but their in the group of death and are obviously favs to finish last in the group. The South Koreans seem to do well at the World Cups in recent years so I wouldn't rule them out of a quarter final spot.

I think this could definitely be the World Cup where a previous winner doesnt win, the big European nations arent as strong as previous years as are some of the other big nations and the weather will definitely have an impact, im really looking forward to it now i have to say:cool:

I think this could definitely be the World Cup where a previous winner doesnt win, the big European nations arent as strong as previous years as are some of the other big nations and the weather will definitely have an impact, im really looking forward to it now i have to say:cool:

and all in HD for me!!! I love my Sky+HD box<3:)

This thread will need to be renamed. Something to do with wrestling and the World Cup. Hmmm...........

and all in HD for me!!! I love my Sky+HD box<3:)

This thread will need to be renamed. Something to do with wrestling and the World Cup. Hmmm...........

Have to tried out Sky 3D yet??

• Advertisement

Have to tried out Sky 3D yet??

Don't have the movie pack but I saw the channel preview. All it is is a channel that's showing the same thing side by side. I don't think I'm willing to fork out 2k for a 3D TV just yet.

Don't have the movie pack but I saw the channel preview. All it is is a channel that's showing the same thing side by side. I don't think I'm willing to fork out 2k for a 3D TV just yet.

Seem like a load of BS hype to me and having to wear those glasses to watch TV would be a nightmare id say

Seem like a load of BS hype to me and having to wear those glasses to watch TV would be a nightmare id say

I heard that most of the glasses last around 3-6 hours, then they have to be charged. Crazy:eek::eek:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

my team is in.

Lloris

---Lahm---Chiellini---Cole

Kaka--Veron--Xavi--Sneijder

---Messi---Rooney---Villa

Subs: Schwarzer, Heitinga, Gourcuff, Pantelic, Salcido, Agger, Dos Santos and 1 DF, 2Mid & 1CF nobodies

Mines
    ----Julio Cesar----

--Kolo Toure--Abidal--Bruno Alves--Vidic

--Xavi--Iniesta--Ribery

--Podolski--Rooney--Van Persie--

The rest is made up of nobodies except for these 3
    -Veloso
    -Yaya Toure
    -Javier Hernandez

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Jolt2007

Think I'll keep this team now barring any injuries.
    2czu4nd.jpg
    *bang, bang* :P:pac:
    2ryr8fd.jpg

Jolt2007 wrote: »
    Think I'll keep this team now barring any injuries.
    2czu4nd.jpg
    *bang, bang* :P:pac:
    2ryr8fd.jpg

*bang bang* is copyrighted and belongs to BWE Entertainment LTD. All right's reserved:pac:

Anyone watch the Cork/Kerry match. That was the strangest ending I've seen in a while

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

*bang bang* is copyrighted and belongs to BWE Entertainment LTD. All right's reserved:pac:

Anyone watch the Cork/Kerry match. That was the strangest ending I've seen in a while

Ref pussied out at the end, Kerry should've won.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Nope. The "foul" on gooch was never. The ref was making sure of a draw at that stage.

Left that one behind us, but I reckon we will do them with 4-5 points to spare on Saturday

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

gimmick wrote: »
    Nope. The "foul" on gooch was never. The ref was making sure of a draw at that stage.

Left that one behind us, but I reckon we will do them with 4-5 points to spare on Saturday

I'm only sour because I lost money on it tbh. Ref was always gonna blow it. Both teams were way below par. I'd say Cork will beat them in the Pairc but Kerry, predictably will probably go further in the championship, cute hoors that they are.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement