Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

and all in HD for me!!! I love my Sky+HD box<3:)

This thread will need to be renamed. Something to do with wrestling and the World Cup. Hmmm...........
    OTB: NO VUVUZELAS ALLOWED

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

OTB: Del Piero Memorial Thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Gerard.C wrote: »

I'd say it's to top the group. All the big teams are all odds-on in it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

danShanahanWaterfordHurling.jpg

A bit done, more to do.

• Advertisement

flahavaj wrote: »
    danShanahanWaterfordHurling.jpg

A bit done, more to do.

Who's that? He certainly wasnt there today whoever he is....

Who's that? He certainly wasnt there today whoever he is....

He's a hurler who'll be playing in the Munster Final on the 11th July bai. Any Tipp men gonna be there apart from the felas sellin the chips outside the ground?;):pac:

Yerra he was poor today, but he got no good ball either. I'd have him as a sub only these days and throw Shane Walsh in full forward.

He's a hurler who'll be playing in the Munster Final on the 11th July bai. Any Tipp men gonna be there apart from the felas sellin the chips outside the ground?;):pac:

Yerra he was poor today, but he got no good ball either. I'd have him as a sub only these days and throw Shane Walsh in full forward.

Calling him a hurler at this stage is a bit of a stretch! He had a chance for an easy point in the first half and ended up passing it to the Clare Goalkeeper.

Some point by Ken today, dya reckon he'll ever be able for 70 mins again though? There was a massive point by Kelly too. Tony Browne musnt be human, he's unreal.

That lad Honan for Clare looks handy, he stuck out to me in their u-21 games last year. He scored a savage goal against Galway in the semis. Nice to see it carry over to the senior games with him

:eek:

LEAVING CERT!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

LEAVING CERT!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Just remember, it's only an exam mate. Just do your best in it. You've plenty of time so relax, always read the questions carefully and to take your time when answering. Like I said in the "best wishes to LC and JC students thread", it's only a test and they can only test ye on what ye know.

Best of luck with it and that goes to all doing the LC and JC here:)

• Advertisement

Is Fla doing his Junior Cert? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

LEAVING CERT!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

As my English teacher Mr. Nelson said to me: You do it. Don't let it do you.

It made sense to me! Best of luck.

Calling him a hurler at this stage is a bit of a stretch! He had a chance for an easy point in the first half and ended up passing it to the Clare Goalkeeper.

Some point by Ken today, dya reckon he'll ever be able for 70 mins again though? There was a massive point by Kelly too. Tony Browne musnt be human, he's unreal.

That lad Honan for Clare looks handy, he stuck out to me in their u-21 games last year. He scored a savage goal against Galway in the semis. Nice to see it carry over to the senior games with him

I don't reckon Ken has the 70 in him anymore but some man to have for a ten minute crowd rousing cameo. I nearly cried when he fired that point over.

Don't talk to me about Tony Brown. Best Waterford hurler I've ever seen.

Is Fla doing his Junior Cert? :P

Entrance Exams last week actually. Think I'm gonna get stuck in the rubber head class that has to use the smelly prefabs.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

My mrs to be spoils me something rotten. She came home from work today with the Spain and Argentina shirts for me for the world cup. Awesome

gimmick wrote: »
    My mrs to be spoils me something rotten. She came home from work today with the Spain and Argentina shirts for me for the world cup. Awesome

Let me guess Xavi and Messi on the back?;) She's a keeper that one.

Looking forward to this World Cup more than any since 1994 oddly enough.

Who do ye think is gonna win lads? My few bob is gone on Brazil, I think they're solid put under Dunga and thats all you need in international football these days. Backed Luis Fabiano for top scorer as well.

Good man gimmick!!

HD-TV for the matches - check
    Argentina jersey - check
    Match wall-chart w/ kick-off times - check
    Remote - check
    Comfy chair - check
    Loads of Pepsi - God damn yes!
    Food - getting before Friday

Man, I love the World Cup!!:D:D

Haha. I don't do names on the back, but if I was it would be Puyol and Messi.

I think it wont be either Spain or Brazil for some reason. I really think Hingurlund could do it.

And for funnsies, I would like to see France doing it. The anti French ads etc is really getting on my firm man chest. Appealling to the lowest common denominator of **n "readers", peasants and the chrnically unemployed (ie those who have been on the dole for the last 5+ years).

Looking forward to this World Cup more than any since 1994 oddly enough.

Who do ye think is gonna win lads? My few bob is gone on Brazil, I think they're solid put under Dunga and thats all you need in international football these days. Backed Luis Fabiano for top scorer as well.

I can't wait for Friday!!!! Although by the time the last 16 comes on, them vuvuelas will drive me mad.

I'm going for Argentina!!!

Argentina_national_football_team_logo[1].gif

Don't forget about the PW Fantasy World Cup as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I think Spain will do it (hope so). I think they have an awesome squad. I reckon this is the year a European team wins it outside of Europe anyway. I can see the English going far and making the semis. I wouldn't be surprised if the Dutch do well either, although they will probably do the usual in tournaments - destroy some team by a few goals with gorgeous football and then flop in the following match.

I had the Dutch jersey for the '98 WC and had high hopes for them but wasn't to be. Bergkamp's goal against Argentina is a great memory though. Haven't got any jerseys at the minute except the latest Irish one. Might wear that and have a bit of a cry. :pac:

• Advertisement

^ one of the finest goals ever scored. The commentator thinks so as well Id say

^ one of the finest goals ever scored. The commentator thinks so as well Id say

dennis bergkamp, Dennis Bergkamp, DENNIS BERGKAMP!!!!!!! OOOOOOOOOOOOHHH!!!

And for funnsies, I would like to see France doing it. The anti French ads etc is really getting on my firm man chest. Appealling to the lowest common denominator of **n "readers", peasants and the chrnically unemployed (ie those who have been on the dole for the last 5+ years).

+1. Those ads and all that other knob-jockey DJ led bullsh*t is so tedious.

Argentinawill make for fantastic TV. They could be brilliant and with the talent they have they should be. Or they could be atrocious under Diego. No one knows, but either way it'll be amazing to watch and the team I'm most looking forward to seeing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Who are ye all supporting in the WC? Going for Spain meself.

How do i copy the pic of my team for the fantasy WC lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,096 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

glenjamin wrote: »
    Who are ye all supporting in the WC? Going for Spain meself.

Argentina as I always do.:P

They broke my heart over the years, Bergkamp's moment of genius denied them in 1998. Then of coirse 2002, when they made an absolute balls of it despite having an insane squad. Ortega and Aimer (spelling bitches) in the midfield were superb to watch, but they were so negative. :(

2006 killed me though, they were amazing to watch in all their matches before the quarter final. The dismantling of Serbia was poetry in motion and some of the goals were immense. Then against Germany they scored early and bottled it sadly, by sticking everyone behind the ball. What angered me the most was that Messi rotted on the bench, where the game was made for him.

Imagine the damage he could have done in extra time against Germany's defense who was never that good really? :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

How do i copy the pic of my team for the fantasy WC lads?

Go to your team pic, press the PrtSc (Print screen) key (upper right part of keyboard), then open Paint (Start > All programs > Accessories) and Paste it (ctrl and v). Go to File and Save as (jpeg or png).

Go to tinyurl.com - Upload your pic. When your pic is uploaded, it'll give you links to your pic. Copy the link for forum's. Finally, upload it in your post here

Easy:):cool::pac:

here we go then

30vnk95.png

I've entered my team.

Greasy Gowl Bags will conquer all. I haven't the heart to do all that cut n paste sh*te, but ye are all f*cked tbh.:pac:

• Advertisement

I've entered my team.

Greasy Gowl Bags will conquer all. I haven't the heart to do all that cut n paste sh*te, but ye are all f*cked tbh.:pac:

Ye wouldnt conquer a good shite after a night on the stout, the premier bais will sort me out here!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement