Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

My college results came out today and i passed everything, bygob i'm a college graduate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Gerard.C wrote: »
    My college results came out today and i passed everything, bygob i'm a college graduate!

Be Gor a baaaaiiii Ger, I got Honours in me Post Grad today as well.

Gowan the cute hoors from Munster bah!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Congrats man. I passed all mine too, half way through my looooong 4 year course.

flahavaj wrote: »
    Be Gor a baaaaiiii Ger, I got Honours in me Post Grad today as well.

Gowan the cute hoors from Munster bah!

Ho ho maith an buachaill. Still though, if we'd any brains we'd be dangerous!

Voltwad wrote: »
    Congrats man. I passed all mine too, half way through my looooong 4 year course.

Good on ya. Mine was 3 years, you wouldnt feel the time going.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Butch Cassidy

Any of ye lads know what UFC Setanta show and how much? It's nigh on impossible to search their site as it ain't listed as "our sports". I know they've got the Ultimate Fighter obviously but do they show anything else?

Setanta as in Setanta Ireland btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

ESPN have the PPVs IIRC. 100 was the only one Setanta had recently methinks

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

is there an amount of women you can chat up at the same time when single that is too many? :pac:

dont wanna be no man whore but im not with any of these ladies... yet

edit forgot to say ... *Hic* :pac:

Well my PW pals :)

D2D: Howya
    walter: Howya
    MNG: Howya
    DJ Flah in da house:
    Ger: Howya
    Bounty (asian woman) Hunter: Howya
    Ivan Campo: Howya
    DM-Ice:Howya
    Diabhal Beag: Howya
    dojojoe: Howya
    SlickRic: Howya
    gimmick: Howya

• Advertisement

DJ Flah in da house:
    Diabhal Beag: Howya
    dojojoe: Howya
    SlickRic: Howya
    gimmick: Howya

howya.... hmm why does my head hurt :D

howya.... hmm why does my head hurt :D
    Hopefully not because you're drowniing your sorrows like me. Was let go from work today :(

Hopefully not because you're drowniing your sorrows like me. Was let go from work today :(

ah jaysus sorry to hear that man, hope you get something soon.

If there is any silver lining id assume they have to give you some sort of severance and we are bang smack in the middle of the world cup so it is a good time to be at hom during the day but as said hope something else comes along for you.

tis just after 10am here so no im not but had my fair share of *hic* inducing material last night tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Just spent the last 5 hours playing a poker tourney on Boyles and finished 3rd from 415. Gutted and chuffed at the same time. Now to choose from either going to bed or watching the Book of Eli online. Decisions, decisions.

glenjamin wrote: »
    Just spent the last 5 hours playing a poker tourney on Boyles and finished 3rd from 415. Gutted and chuffed at the same time. Now to choose from either going to bed or watching the Book of Eli online. Decisions, decisions.

i enjoyed the book of Eli. Its simple enough and does what it intends, once you not really anti religon you should atleast not dislike that film id say not that itl win any oscars but its a good watch.

though ive always liked Oldman, Denzel and think Mila Kunis is hawt

i enjoyed the book of Eli. Its simple enough and does what it intends, once you not really anti religon you should atleast not dislike that film id say not that itl win any oscars but its a good watch.

though ive always liked Oldman, Denzel and think Mila Kunis is hawt
    Is it like The Road at all because that was well boring?

ah jaysus sorry to hear that man, hope you get something soon.

If there is any silver lining id assume they have to give you some sort of severance and we are bang smack in the middle of the world cup so it is a good time to be at hom during the day but as said hope something else comes along for you.

tis just after 10am here so no im not but had my fair share of *hic* inducing material last night tbh.
    Ah dude, I'm 20 years of age trying to fund my own education. I was getting 1 and a half days a week in a local bookstore. Barely enough to put petrol in the tank tbh. I was told that apparently I wasn't mature enough to 'complete certain tasks'. The wagon of a bitch of a boss gave some 'examples' of how I was unsuitable to continue working there. She said that she was disgusted that I had left two cardboard boxes out in the rain over the weekend that she had to move into shelter. Also that I had not managed to label all of the second hand books with 'read and release' stickers.

Nit-picking essentially. I think the big problem was that she found out that my dad is an ardent trade-unionist and decided that she couldn't work with me. Even though she was never there, I never, ever had a problem with any of the other staff or any customer. As a matter of fact, I was often complemented on my decorum. **** buzz

Ah dude, I'm 20 years of age trying to fund my own education. I was getting 1 and a half days a week in a local bookstore. Barely enough to put petrol in the tank tbh. I was told that apparently I wasn't mature enough to 'complete certain tasks'. The wagon of a bitch of a boss gave some 'examples' of how I was unsuitable to continue working there. She said that she was disgusted that I had left two cardboard boxes out in the rain over the weekend that she had to move into shelter. Also that I had not managed to label all of the second hand books with 'read and release' stickers.

Nit-picking essentially. I think the big problem was that she found out that my dad is an ardent trade-unionist and decided that she couldn't work with me. Even though she was never there, I never, ever had a problem with any of the other staff or any customer. As a matter of fact, I was often complemented on my decorum. **** buzz
    Sh!t one mate. Got my hours cut by 2/3 in work meself.

Did you have a contract with her? Sounds like you may have grounds for unfair dismissal if she didn't give you a verbal then a writen warning first.

In that case i dunno if you need to drown your sorrows, sounds like you can do a lot better than there and folk like herself. Obviously now isnt the best time for job hunting but if its just a part time thing your looking for you may have more hope. still hope you get something but gotta say that does sound like knitpicking on her part so you are probably rightfully pissed (in atleast one way) especially as you say nobody else had an issue and youve been complimented previously etc but alas.... guess you will have slightly more time to write for the BWE :pac: now and as mentioned the WC. atleast your not much older and out of full time employment.
    Is it like The Road at all because that was well boring?

havent seen the road but i didnt find it boring at all, but then again i did like it. I mentioned the anti-religon thing as i could imagine someone who is like that seing it as preachy but i dont think its bad in that way and yes although it may not be all ouut action there is enough that you wont be bored imo. But sure you might think its utter Sh!te also

Sh!t one mate. Got my hours cut by 2/3 in work meself.

Did you have a contract with her? Sounds like you may have grounds for unfair dismissal if she didn't give you a verbal then a writen warning first.
    I had worked the whole day and then right at the end of it she called me in and told me...

I hadn't signed any contract or anything but the probation period had ended after a month. She had told me then that she was delighted with me. Then all of a sudden two months later I'm not mature enough? :(

• Advertisement

I had worked the whole day and then right at the end of it she called me in and told me...

I hadn't signed any contract or anything but the probation period had ended after a month. She had told me then that she was delighted with me. Then all of a sudden two months later I'm not mature enough? :(
    Afraid you don't have a leg to stand on without a contract I'd say. A load of us got hours cut in my job but I got the most hours cut even though I've been working there the longest and am the best at the job. Boss just doesn't like me because I stand up for myself when it comes to being underpaid and stuff like that. Also it could be because I keep robbing packets of biscuits from the kitchen. Who knows...

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Sorry to hear that Voltwad but hopefully your next job will have a more respectful boss. Might look back on it in three months and be glad to be out of there. As Danielson would say, 'The winds of change' and all that. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

At the end of the day Volt that'll make for some good music from Kevinonabike.. bang bang

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭ScumdogV2

She said that she was disgusted that I had left two cardboard boxes out in the rain over the weekend that she had to move into shelter.

How could you be so reckless :(

In all seriousness, it's an absolute b*tch. I was kinda sorta let go in January, although my employment lasted until May. A long, long story there. It got pretty messy, almost going down the legal action route. My thinking was "if I go down I'm taking every f**ker with me", which I did. Since then, the DM got sacked and the way things are done have completely changed. I was actually offered my job back but there were a few investigations going on which were my doing. No way I could go back after that.

Horrible trying to find a job the way things are now. Simply put, there's f**k all. The thought of coming home has crossed my mind a few times, still mulling it over in the ol' noggin.

haha, love the Benoit music :)

I love being 1 test away from finishing me Leaving. Physics and then I'm out teh door.

I love being 1 test away from finishing me Leaving. Physics and then I'm out teh door.

Yeah Chemistry on Tuesday then I'm re-starting 4 martial arts again :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Never mind that, if yeer hurlers don't get yer act together KK are gonna walk the All Ireland.

Sort it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Butch Cassidy

ESPN have the PPVs IIRC. 100 was the only one Setanta had recently methinks
    From the best that I can tell, Setanta Ireland has Ultimate Fighter as well as the live Finale. They used to haev some kinda compilation show with an hr of fights from different cards.

• Advertisement

DJ Flah in da house: