Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Just gets on my nerves that politicians and the like see it as almost an advertisement for Ireland when they are only laughing at us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I am just annoyed I missed the shítstorm in the Irish promotions sticky. Always fun to see feathers flying and that I am not the cause of it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

EdK wrote: »
    Anyone see that god awful Simpsons last night?, what a load of ****e, they cant even take the piss out of us properly!

I just seen it as another attempt to have a go at something family guy done already.

At least on FG they had a valid reason for it. I dont know any american that would spend thousands on coming back just for a pint.

Ok i know, its a cartoon...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

gimmick wrote: »
    I am just annoyed I missed the shítstorm in the Irish promotions sticky. Always fun to see feathers flying and that I am not the cause of it

no talk about wrestling in OTB, thanks

gimmick wrote: »
    Ya, it was poor enough alright. But in fairness, there has not been a decent episode in 10 years almost, so this was neevr going to be any different.

Longer than that in my honest opinion. Simpsons has sucked the meat missile since about 1997. Mercy kill the show already!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

EdK wrote: »
    Anyone see that god awful Simpsons last night?, what a load of ****e, they cant even take the piss out of us properly!

It was bad alright, people seemed to get more excited about the fact it was being shown here before the U.S. than anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

I have no problem with them taking the piss out of us if it was funny but it was awful.

Speaking of television, i found this one quite amusing...

... but comparethemeerkat.com actually does exist. :D

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Speaking of television, i found this one quite amusing...

... but comparethemeerkat.com actually does exist. :D

Seen that a few months ago when the adverts started airing.

Heard a funny thing that this site is actually getting more traffic than the proper compare the market website. Hence why they have put up the massive reminder about what website your actually going onto and a chance to turn back. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Aye, I went straight onto it the first time I saw the ad. Don't like the ads all over it for Compare The Market though. :P
    What I actually don't like is that it has the splash with the choice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,571 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Fcuking ROFL..Who would have thought Kane would beat up a former unstoppable MMA fighter.
    DETROIT, MI - Former UFC Heavyweight Champion, Tim Sylvia was involved in a fight at a bar in downtown Detroit Michigan with 7 foot, 320 pound WWE Superstar, Glen 'Kane' Jacobs (pictured above).

No details are currently being released on how the fight started. A witness says the two were arguing and Tim Sylvia instigated the fight. Jacobs quickly took Sylvia to the ground and repeatedly punched him in the face. The bartender along with a bystander helped pull Jacobs off Sylvia. Sylvia was said to have suffered a broken nose and a black eye.

The police were notified but since the fight was not prolonged and neither men wanted to press any charges, no arrests were made. Sylvia was driven by a friend who was with him to the hospital to treat the broken nose. Glen Jacobs left the scene with his wife shortly after.

More details to be released as they come in.
    http://ninjashoes.net/

MEGAROFLCOPTER right there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glenn_Jacobs already updated. :P

Goddamn I hope it's true.

I have said it several times, keep it OFF topic. I've started carding people, and if I'm not gonna repeat it again, next time people will be taking a weeks holiday. There's also an MMA forum for MMA talk there. USE IT!

I have said it several times, keep it OFF topic. I've started carding people, and if I'm not gonna repeat it again, next time people will be taking a weeks holiday. There's also an MMA forum for MMA talk there. USE IT!

If I try to argue back here is it offtopic enough or shall I PM you instead?

Neither, what is understood doesn't need to be discussed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

There's was a mention of this in another topic, but it would be going off-topic to ask this question, so....

Where do ye get yer affliction t-shirts? What's the cheapest website, taking p&p into account?

Gerard.C wrote: »
    There's was a mention of this in another topic, but it would be going off-topic to ask this question, so....

Where do ye get yer affliction t-shirts? What's the cheapest website, taking p&p into account?

Clothing isn't on topic, so it's not a problem.
    I get mine in Wrestling Mania, Stephens Green. 40-50 euro might seem steep, but Genius sell em for nearly €75 a pop (RRC was there with me when we were looking at them so she can attest to this).

If you can find a UK online dealer, with the current exchange rate, it's your best bet, if you want to get them online.

Clothing isn't on topic, so it's not a problem.
    I get mine in Wrestling Mania, Stephens Green. 40-50 euro might seem steep, but Genius sell em for nearly €75 a pop (RRC was there with me when we were looking at them so she can attest to this).

40-50 quid?! :eek:

40-50 quid?! :eek:

Bet you've paid more for a video game.

• Advertisement

Bet you've paid more for a video game.

Dam right, but thats because most games averagely cost that much.
    They are usually between 30-60 euro.

But a tee shirt? Feck me, i knew they cost, but thats just crazy!

Dam right, but thats because most games averagely cost that much.
    They are usually between 30-60 euro.

But a tee shirt? Feck me, i knew they cost, but thats just crazy!

Not really, some items of clothing will last a couple of years if treated well.
    Most video games out there are finished within a week, then traded in for a lot lesser value than what they initially paid for it.

Now who's getting their money worth? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

I e-mailed the affliction website, but they're not shipping to Ireland yet anyway. The only other reasonable site i came across is rockrebelclothing.com, but they usually don't have much of a selection, though I haven't checked in a while

Gerard.C wrote: »
    I e-mailed the affliction website, but they're not shipping to Ireland yet anyway. The only other reasonable site i came across is rockrebelclothing.com, but they usually don't have much of a selection, though I haven't checked in a while

Affliction, to my knowledge only ship to Ireland if they register you as an authorised reseller as it costs em too much to sell on a one to one basis.

I'm no expert there, so don't quote me on that.

Not really, some items of clothing will last a couple of years if treated well.
    Most video games out there are finished within a week, then traded in for a lot lesser value than what they initially paid for it.

Now who's getting their money worth? ;)

Be reasonable here.
    An item of clothing and a shiney plastic disc is two things that are completely incomparable.

Be reasonable here.
    An item of clothing and a shiney plastic disc is two things that are completely incomparable.

You're damn right! An item of clothing gets more use, and in this case, clearly costs less than a new game!

You're damn right! An item of clothing gets more use, and in this case, clearly costs less than a new game!

You seem to have missed the incomparable part of my post.

You find that about spending 50 quid on one shirt?

Lets do the math.
    1 top per day, enough for say 2 weeks. So thats 14 days,
    As you said each shirt costs at least 50 so 50x14 is €700.

If thats what you want to spend your money on, thats your business and i guess its better than heavy drugs or whatever.

You seem to have missed the incomparable part of my post.

You find that about spending 50 quid on one shirt?

Lets do the math.
    1 top per day, enough for say 2 weeks. So thats 14 days,
    As you said each shirt costs at least 50 so 50x14 is €700.

Now who is being unreasonable.
    Unless you're a supermodel or Elton John, who the hell buys new clothes every day?

Now a new release 360 game every day
    60 quid every day for two weeks
    €840 :eek:

Small price to pay for your own arcade, but i guess it's better than snorting it up your nose. ;)

Now who is being unreasonable.
    Unless you're a supermodel or Elton John, who the hell buys new clothes every day?

Now a new release 360 game every day
    60 quid every day for two weeks
    €840 :eek:

Small price to pay for your own arcade, but i guess it's better than snorting it up your nose. ;)

Remember kids, Stay in school!

This is what i meant about the two things being inco.. im already sick of that word.
    Anyway, the two items in question serve two different purposes so i'll bring it back to clothing in general.

50 quids a lot to pay on a shirt. :o

• Advertisement

Remember kids, Stay in school!

This is what i meant about the two things being inco.. im already sick of that word.
    Anyway, the two items in question serve two different purposes so i'll bring it back to clothing in general.

50 quids a lot to pay on a shirt. :o

And 60-75 Euro is a lot to spend on a video game.

Look at it this way, some of us don't mind shelling out a little bit in order to maintain our appearance. Especially when you hit the 30s and the hair falls out. Now i'm sorry, but you won't see me walking around the city centre on a Saturday night in a Kane/Homer Simpson/Judge Dredd shirt. Sorry, that's not going to happen.

And 50 quid a month on a new shirt really isn't that much in an honest opinion, and if you think otherwise, be thankful that you're not of the female species, where they get completely shafted for nearly every article of clothing right down to underwear. Don't believe me? Grow a pair of scrotes and walk into a La Senza to surprise the missus sometime. If you think €50 is expensive, you should check out the prices there for lingerie. :P

Welcome to the real world in rip off Ireland. Because you're not gonna get away with a wrestling shirt on a night out for the rest of your life. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement