Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,096 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

gimmick wrote: »
    Finished series 2 of The Wire last night. What a show. I am totally addicted to it. Looking forward to going at series 3 already.

BTW, if anyone posts any spoilers of that show in here, despite what the title may say, I will come and find you.

Ah I remember nagging all my mates years ago about how amazing it is. :D

I won't go into details as I don't want to spoil it for some, but the last scene in the second last episode still sends shivers down my spine. The Greeks and Serge are evil mofos. :)

I am in a tshirt buying mood, could any wireheads recommend one of the three on this page? My clothing taste is dirt.

http://www.play.com/HOME/HOME/6-/Search.html?searchstring=the+wire&searchtype=allproducts&searchsource=0

Who is your favorite character by the way? I love me some Omar. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Yup, Omar as well. Really menacing. No crap about him. Wont say anymore for fear of spoiling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

I set up threat in the Band and Musicians forum looking for new band members, so if there's any budding young musicians in PW check it out and give me a PM if your interested:cool::)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055952396

Oh and the first song on the myspace page begins after the 1 minute mark:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,667 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Finished series 2 of The Wire last night. What a show. I am totally addicted to it. Looking forward to going at series 3 already.

BTW, if anyone posts any spoilers of that show in here, despite what the title may say, I will come and find you.

Best show ever. Season 2 is an absolute gem. Got the full boxset just before Christmas last year. Completely sucked me in. So much so that I watched about 6 episodes on Christmas Day :D

Enjoy it man. Just saw your post on The Wire forum too, so probably see you there!

I was also amazed at Koslovs amazing acting ability in season 2. Such deft and cool delivery of his lines. Kudos Vladimir, kudos :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

:pac:

Go to google, type '2204355' into the search bar and click 'I'm feeling lucky'

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Voltwad wrote: »

I'm on my iPod doing this so I can't see it. With you and google searches, i'm not sure if that's good or bad

Im scared or scarred.. Dont quite know yet:pac:

Im scared or scarred.. Dont quite know yet:pac:
    It's amazing!!

It's amazing!!

It sure is.. Loved it:pac: Yer man looks like Percy Watson

• Advertisement

Hahaha yeah or Wesley Snipes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Jolt2007

What is the tune at that... thing?! I love it!

Just seen it on Youtube, that's class

that song is so retro

Sounds like an early Nintendo theme or something:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Lol, i'm actually jealous of you! It's such a fantastic series. I had serious withdrawal symtoms when i finished!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,463 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Some big names crashing out of Wimbledon already :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

It appears Don West is apparently trying to prove that there is nothing he cannot sell.
    http://www.wildwestdeals.com/index.php

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Just saw Woody Allen's latest move starring Larry David called "Whatever Works" and despite never really being a big fan of Woody Allen (i am a fan of David though) and this movie being a typical Woody movie, i.e about relationships, sex, peoples neurosis (sp?) etc... I really liked it and would reccomend it to anyone, really fun movie, and the lead role is perfect for Larry David.

You should check out Zelig, another Woody Allen movie. It is absolutely hilarious.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

The funniest thing I've ever or will ever see.

Best of luck Diabhal with the knee operation today:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

So Brock or Carwin, who is everyone going with?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Brock, though take into account I know absolutely nothing about MMA (as ignorant as that sounds) - he's just such a good promo that he's made me think he's going to win after watching the Countdown show.

I'll go with Carwin, yourself??

UFC 116 (pre-lims included) all set for record:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I dunno if Lesnar can bayte Carwin but I know knee surgery hurts like a BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dunno if Lesnar can bayte Carwin but I know knee surgery hurts like a BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

done and all??

Ya. It hurts like hell. Can't start sport again till August :(

Ya. It hurts like hell. Can't start sport again till August :(

You still got the podcast though. Every cloud and all that:):)

• Advertisement

Not when it is full of technical problems :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement